Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
3.8 goes live at 8pm.
Pre patching starts 3 hours or so before it.
Be ready to download and get in the queue.

Mine Saboteur for me
Following Tarke's Mine build from his latest video.

Associate
3.8 goes live at 8pm.
Pre patching starts 3 hours or so before it.
Be ready to download and get in the queue.

Mine Saboteur for me
Following Tarke's Mine build from his latest video.

I go blade flurry gladiator block dual wield.
If a darkscorn drop during league I make a CA arrow build.
Time to set up the tower defenses :)

Associate
I'm gonna see how this tower defence stuff is with a minion build (never played one in POE), but I'm gonna get a Vaal Arc build going on the side as well, hopefully be able to one shot everything several screens over again :D

Goals this season are to be mapping before the end of the weekend, shaper & elder killed within 2 weeks, with the ultimate goal of saving for a Headhunter before the end of the season. I'll probably try Delve a bit more this time around as well.

Associate
The Blight Tower Defence is fun.
But laggy in the Blight Maps at the moment.
Pathed up this morning, should be better now.

Unsure of the Mine changes, seems okay.
lvl 77 in the Blight League.

Soldato
Yea it's not too bad. I like that they tried something a bit different in ARPG terms. Still love Delve the best though lol.
Minions are super strong, I expect they'll be dialled back a bit next season. They're much more user friendly though regarding summoning and levels etc.

Lvl 87 Necro here.

Soldato
I don't feel like playing any of the new leagues, I just log in sometimes and do few maps on my lvl 100 in standard league. Loving the changes with daily master missions, just log in for 5 seconds every day to get these juice missions for when I feel like doing a couple of maps.

Man of Honour
This game is weird for me. I don't like the game, but still play it. In fact, I've now played it more than Grim Dawn, which I did like. The main problem that I have is that it's a game for accountants, not for enjoying. People bang on and on about builds, and how to get them, and which perks etc. I find that I almost enjoy the first fifteen character levels or so, then start getting bored. The game's reliance on sockets and what you put in them to make any character any good are frustrating, when the game drops everything but what you want. Using the correct gems to increase abilities is not a gift, it's a requirement. Using gems to increase the use of your weapon /armour only to also push it out of your skill/stat level is just stupid. And the sudden jump in difficulty after Act 5 is annoying as well to amateurs like me. But I'm sure I'll play it now and again.

Soldato
This game is weird for me. I don't like the game, but still play it. In fact, I've now played it more than Grim Dawn, which I did like. The main problem that I have is that it's a game for accountants, not for enjoying. People bang on and on about builds, and how to get them, and which perks etc. I find that I almost enjoy the first fifteen character levels or so, then start getting bored. The game's reliance on sockets and what you put in them to make any character any good are frustrating, when the game drops everything but what you want. Using the correct gems to increase abilities is not a gift, it's a requirement. Using gems to increase the use of your weapon /armour only to also push it out of your skill/stat level is just stupid. And the sudden jump in difficulty after Act 5 is annoying as well to amateurs like me. But I'm sure I'll play it now and again.

A lot of those points are why I love the game :p "One man's trash" as they say.

I do adore this game, and while it's one of the greatest ARPG's ever made (I'd even rate it above Diablo 2 at this point), it has it's flaws. The difficulty scaling you mentioned is something I do agree with and they need to smooth it out. I also dislike the way they deal with resistances and giving you a sudden and sharp drop from Kitava. Their tutorials are still god-awful, even after the introduction of a lot of new "tips" as you play, and they do little to explain the finer points of mechanics in the game. I have friends who've put a couple of hundred hours into the game and still come and ask me questions on what certain mechanics do, or they'll say things like "Oh, I didn't realise it worked like that" when we're talking about mechanics. Take the Syndicate for instance. It's nearly a year since that got released in Betrayal and there are lots of players who've played since then that still couldn't tell you how the board/system works properly.

The skill tree is huge and overwhelming to new players, but since you must build around life, ES, or both, the freedom you have on the board is far more limited than people think it is since, for instance with a Life build, you need to get at least +140%~ Life bare minimum, and there's only so many placements of nodes for it. I love complexity, and Path of Exile has it in abundance, especially from old league systems that rolled over and stayed in the game, but it's reached the point where it's became a bit too convoluted for its own good and it needs to rain it in a bit.

Really looking forward to 4.0 though, and I can't wait for the announcements in 5 days. Hoping to hear some great things for the "next-gen" of Path of Exile.

Man of Honour
The skill tree is not something I have any problem with, once I saw a tutorial on it that explained how each character started in a different place, with either one or two (ignoring the Scion) skill paths to follow. Then is made more sense. But yes, the makers were poor at explaining it. But the other thing which I'm not a fan of is that pretty much every gem is offensive, and the few defensive ones seem to have little effect. And most characters can't get better defences through the skill tree much either. It's basically down to rings.

Soldato
It's not for everyone but if you enjoy these types games it's excellent, tough learning curve and your first couple of characters will likely suck.

The creators don't hold your hand at all, which I personally love.

Meridian, plenty of gems do other things and are absolutely essential, if your only reaching level 15/20 then stopping then you have barely scratched the surface at all. The main campaign is probably best viewed as intro.

If your playing when the next season starts id be to help get going.

Back
Top Bottom