Homophobic attack on two women on London bus.

Caporegime
That's not what the victims have said, but feel free to make up your own version of events.

Well if the media can speculate before the investigation is complete so can I. it's not like people don't lie (Jussie Smollett) and embellish the truth.

i read that they tried to make the girls kiss each other, when they refused, they were beaten and robbed.. no doubt the truth will out.

That doesn't sound very homophobic, if you were homophobic you would not be wanting two women to kiss because you would be disgusted by it.

Soldato
Nothing to see here just a run of the mill event in the cesspit that is London.

Those arrested will got less than a slap on the wrist.

Soldato
Wow, 4.5k population town that is unlikely to be of any note otherwise, you're comparing that to cities with 500-2000 times the population, how exactly is that a good measure?

Because the common mantra of the people who push a multicultural society is that it will be less racist, homophobic, xenophobic etc. But by logic that thought is saying if a society is a mono culture that its more likely to be racist, homophobic, xenophobic.

Hebden Bridge as been known for years as the gay capital of the north. It's not some new discovery. Gay people have said they are surprised at how tolerant it is. The place is filled with an older generation, which according to the media are supposed to be less tolerant.

This is the problem. There are people more willing to defend the cultural melting pot and forsake hate crimes just so they can say its a success.

Soldato
Then why appeal for info on the attackers?

They didn't, they've only ever asked for information and witnesses of the incident. An actual media appeal will involve a different process and an official media release, and will usually provide actual information about the incident, persons of interest etc.

Caporegime
They didn't, they've only ever asked for information and witnesses of the incident. An actual media appeal will involve a different process and an official media release, and will usually provide actual information about the incident, persons of interest etc.

That's right, when the story first broke the information they were asking for was on the attackers.

Soldato
'Town stocks' kind of fits the bill. A long weekend out in the weather (assuming its raining) may be an experience not worth repeating. It doesnt fit the indefinitely bill but it might feel like it. :D

That would be perfect.

One of the problems with the degradation of communities is that people have less of a reason to uphold their reputation. They can commit a crime and then drift back into anonymity. Public humiliation would be a good start to bringing respect back into society.

Soldato
John Cleese is just a mad old racist.

Do you know the ethnicity of the attackers or did you just feel an urge to spout some nonsense?

But he's right. As someone who lives only about 60 miles from London. Going in to London is like visiting a different country. The culture is completely different than anywhere else in the UK. Walking out of the train in London or Paris gives me the same vibes.

I could take a job in London with way more pay, but I wouldn't.

It has 2 types of people now. Those in social housing or barely affording to live, and the rich. Nothing in between. My town is full of middle class people who abandoned London.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure you would, that doesn't stop London being desirable, if only temporarily before you get tired of the expense.

I agree on that. That it has a lure that as attracted many people as the place to go to make a success. But as you say, it can be a very transient place, and that usually means it also attracts a higher number of undesirables too who think they can commit crimes and blend back in.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4016850/acid-attacks-uk-london-statistics-westbourne-grove/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6452881/london-moped-crimes-how-many-where-happened/

Soldato
You have to wonder what is or was going through the minds of these vicious teenaged attackers; I thought this sort of behaviour was a thing of the past.

Theresa May, Jeremy Corbyn, Sadiq Khan, Penny Mordaunt and Tulip Siddiq have all expressed disgust at this unprovoked attack, I wonder when other MPs will find the time to speak out for tolerance?

Question, why is this a homophobic attack? Two women were mugged, who happened to be gay. So why are we (they) focusing on this being a homophobic crime rather than just any other robbery.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
'Town stocks' kind of fits the bill. A long weekend out in the weather (assuming its raining) may be an experience not worth repeating. It doesnt fit the indefinitely bill but it might feel like it. :D
An interesting idea although I don't really feel that putting people in "stocks" offers quite the same benefit to society as dressing them in Orange Jumpsuits and having them pick up litter for a few months would do.

. . . [London] can be a very transient place, and that usually means it also attracts a higher number of undesirables too who think they can commit crimes and blend back in. . . .
From where do you think these five teenagers were attracted? Do you think (or even know) that they were runaway orphans form some other part of the country?

. . . There are people more willing to defend the cultural melting pot and forsake hate crimes just so they can say its a success.
You know of people who forsake hate crimes just so they can say that Multiculturalism is a success. Who are these people of whom you speak so knowledgeably?

I understand the London has many problems; I am sceptical that they can be laid at the door of "Multiculturalism". I suspect that poverty, austerity, the massive differences in disposable income and lack of opportunity have more to do with it.

Having said that, I am sure that the unemployed and the youth of Northern cities such as Sheffield, Middlesbrough, etc. are far more tolerant and law-abiding than Londoners and Southerners in general ;)

Soldato
But he's right. As someone who lives only about 60 miles from London. Going in to London is like visiting a different country. The culture is completely different than anywhere else in the UK. Walking out of the train in London or Paris gives me the same vibes.

As the results of the Euro election clearly demonstrated.

Back
Top Bottom