• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080TI Recomendations

Associate
Can some of you 2080 TI owners possibly point me in the right direction of which Gpu's are worth buying ? I've read heaps of horror stories of them dying very quickly but part of me is wanting one for a nice 4k 60fps HDR experience. I wondered if you can tell me the ones that have Samsung memory chips in them and which brands/models if any seem to be more reliable ?

Thinking of pulling the trigger on and yes i do have more money than sense at times but gaming is my pleasure, just hope its a more reliable card at that price maybe ?https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-34y-ms.html

One other question if i may...can someone link me a good 4k 60 fps HDR capable cable please ?

Many thanks in advance

Soldato
Mine is a Gigabyte 2080ti OC. It has Samsung memory and so far has been good as gold. It doesn’t have the best cooler though but mine is on water so not an issue. OC to 2130 stable and memory take a nice OC too. If you’re on air though you’ll probably need a better cooler.

Soldato
The lightning is probably the best air cooled 2080Ti so if you can justify the cost for one and it will fit in your case etc then i'd go for that. There are cheaper similar performing cards however.

Chances are it will have samsung memory however all the Ti's i've had including my current card have had micron and been fine so far and overclock no issues. Haven't had one die on me yet either.

Associate
I have MSI RTX 2080Ti Duke OCV1 and inno3D RTX 2080Ti Gaming OC X3 and I am really impressed with both of the cards regarding noise and cooling. The both cool equally well, eventhough the inno3D only uses a 2slot wide and shorter cooler whereas the MSI is 2.5slot and longer. Noise levels are pretty much dead on the same. Both feel extremely sturdy and well build, no flimsy plastic and rigid back plates. Also both came with Samsung vram.

Associate
You can get an EVGA XC Ultra for £1099 which is a cracking price, really big thick cooler. EVGA warranty is great and you could also add the EVGA hybrid cooler to your card in the future. If I were to upgrade that's what I would get

Associate
I have the Asus Strix 2080Ti, it's very quiet and performs well.

I think if I was buying again I'd be choosing EVGA with the extended warranty.

Soldato
One of the reasons i went with EVGA as i paid an extra 40 euros for an upgrade to a total of 10yr transferable warranty with my card.

A must for me as i usually keep the card as a spare when upgrading. Or sell to my brother who usually keeps the card for that duration.

Air cooling wise i'd probably only reccommend the FTW3 as the standard XC + XC Ultra aren't the quietest of cards compared with others such as the strix + msi gaming.

Associate
One of the reasons i went with EVGA as i paid an extra 40 euros for an upgrade to a total of 10yr transferable warranty with my card.

A must for me as i usually keep the card as a spare when upgrading. Or sell to my brother who usually keeps the card for that duration.

Air cooling wise i'd probably only reccommend the FTW3 as the standard XC + XC Ultra aren't the quietest of cards compared with others such as the strix + msi gaming.
He is putting it under water though buddy.
Cant go wrong with a 10 year warranty for that price!

Associate
Yeah thats a bonus. I just meant the XC ultra being available for £1099 which has all the extra on board sensors is a great price when the cooler doesnt matter as he wont be using it

Associate
I have an Asus ROG Strix OC RTX 2080ti. I've had it for a couple of months now with no problems at all.
It does live under water though courtesy of EKWB.

Back
Top Bottom