• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080TI Recomendations

Associate
Contemplating a 2080ti myself and, partly due to case limitation (304mm or 309mm with fan guard removed - FT02 ), have a shortlist of EVGA FTW3 or FTW3 Ultra gaming, Strix, Zotac AMP (will have to remove fan guard) and Aorus Xtreme.

My main question is related to EVGA cards. Seems only difference is binning of GPU that would only gain a few fps but cost a fair bit more over the other cards...

I want a decent warranty given cost of this card so would look to extend this with EVGAs and puts me off ASUS, especially with their RMA reputation.

Associate
Contemplating a 2080ti myself and, partly due to case limitation (304mm or 309mm with fan guard removed - FT02 ), have a shortlist of EVGA FTW3 or FTW3 Ultra gaming, Strix, Zotac AMP (will have to remove fan guard) and Aorus Xtreme.

My main question is related to EVGA cards. Seems only difference is binning of GPU that would only gain a few fps but cost a fair bit more over the other cards...

I want a decent warranty given cost of this card so would look to extend this with EVGAs and puts me off ASUS, especially with their RMA reputation.

Think I'm most likely going to go for FTW3 Gaming but interested to get as much advice as I can!

Associate
That's a shame when spending so much money. How long have you had it, what sort of case airflow have you got?

I saw the Ultra Gaming went as 'low' as £1200 a couple of months ago elsewhere so may play a waiting game.

Associate
I think people shouldn't seek shopping advice from the 2080ti demographic (no offense). Clearly these people aren't fiscally constrained and tend to a maximum when it comes to building gaming rigs.

Associate
Palit card for me everytime. I had the Palit triple fan 1080ti and bought the exact same 2080ti. The things so quiet you never hear it and the fans barely spin!

I enjoyed my Palit 1080 until it broke! I would still consider another Palit but not with just a 2yr warranty...

Permabanned
I enjoyed my Palit 1080 until it broke! I would still consider another Palit but not with just a 2yr warranty...

I get it dude. TBH I was that impressed with the performance and lack of noise it was never considered when I went for the 2080ti. Absolutely understand why it would be a sticking point though.

Back
Top Bottom