• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
Can we expect the 5nm and 3nm releases to be on 5/5/2021 and 3/3/2024 respectively? ;)

and then absolutely nothing after that, game over :(

First question - No. Second question - again - No! https://www.theinquirer.net/inquire...hift-the-toughest-process-move-in-generations

Speaking to the EE Times, Papermaster said that, while AMD planned to run its second and third generation Zen architecture x86 microprocessors on 7nm, it would likely be a 'long node', like the 28nm process, "and when you have a long node it lets the design team focus on micro-architecture and systems solutions", rather than simply redesigning standard ‘blocks'.

TSMC To Commence 2nm Research In Hsinchu, Taiwan Claims Report
https://wccftech.com/tsmc-2nm-research-taiwan/

At this point, process nodes are merely marketing terms as key metrics such as pitch and gate width are similar for designs marketed under different headings.

Associate
Haha, or maybe it's better. They might save you the pain from knowing the impossible pricing - 500 quids for a processor and 300 quids for the mobo.
Not nice, at all.
Are you this negative in real life or just when in the forums. Never known a poster spend so much time in a thread just complaining. It’s quite boring

Associate
Are you this negative in real life or just when in the forums. Never known a poster spend so much time in a thread just complaining. It’s quite boring

Well there is bound to be amd haters, that is what i honestly think,

Just look on the bright side, when amd releases the 3xxx series processors we will all know by then,

Dan.

Soldato
D8wo9TLVsAAwKeQ
For what it's worth I really like the box! (not £750 worth lol) but I like it.

Caporegime
First question - No. Second question - again - No! https://www.theinquirer.net/inquire...hift-the-toughest-process-move-in-generations

Speaking to the EE Times, Papermaster said that, while AMD planned to run its second and third generation Zen architecture x86 microprocessors on 7nm, it would likely be a 'long node', like the 28nm process, "and when you have a long node it lets the design team focus on micro-architecture and systems solutions", rather than simply redesigning standard ‘blocks'.

TSMC To Commence 2nm Research In Hsinchu, Taiwan Claims Report
https://wccftech.com/tsmc-2nm-research-taiwan/

At this point, process nodes are merely marketing terms as key metrics such as pitch and gate width are similar for designs marketed under different headings.

I do not believe you, why would AMD not release in two years before Intel's 7nm is matured which is better than AMD's method?

Permabanned
I do not believe you, why would AMD not release in two years before Intel's 7nm is matured which is better than AMD's method?

Well, because future nodes will be exponentially more expensive? Why did nvidia build its Turing chips close to the reticle size limit on 12nm, and instead didn't postpone them for the 7nm process as earliest?

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

That's the price.
We don't get pricing in pounds.

Convert the dollar to pounds and add 20%.

I thought the way its usually priced you literally just swap out the $ signs for £ and thats the price.

I.e if its $750 for the 3950x, then in the UK it'll be £750.

Similar to how iPhones are $1000 in the US and £1000 here

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I thought the way its usually priced you literally just swap out the $ signs for £ and thats the price.

Entirely dependant on the manufacturer. But really a $749 CPU should be around £719 here.

Caporegime

That's because our currency is crap, so when the pound got devalued after the referendum people just decided take advantage.
But when the pound to dollar is 1.20 then conversion + VAT is 1:1 anyway.

Soldato
Haha, or maybe it's better. They might save you the pain from knowing the impossible pricing - 500 quids for a processor and 300 quids for the mobo.
Not nice, at all.

Giga rep mentioned today high cost of the mobo is ofset by CPU pricing - still should rain in cheaper then intel . again, dont need a 12/16 core CPU for gaming . expecting the 3600X to sell like hot cakes .

3600x + Super 2060 or discounted Vega 64 and job done :D

Permabanned
Giga rep mentioned today high cost of the mobo is ofset by CPU pricing - still should rain in cheaper then intel . again, dont need a 12/16 core CPU for gaming . expecting the 3600X to sell like hot cakes .

3600x + Super 2060 or discounted Vega 64 and job done :D

Vega 64 with its 300W power consumption?!

The problem is that the CPU pricing by AMD effectively confirms that intel's pricing is ok. Which I thought AMD would fight much more aggressively.

Soldato
That's because our currency is crap, so when the pound got devalued after the referendum people just decided take advantage.
But when the pound to dollar is 1.20 then conversion + VAT is 1:1 anyway.
no it's not.
$750 is £582.30 + VAT = £700.

But yes it will be £750. UK retailers are always more expensive (read bigger margins) than US.

Soldato
Sorry, "No it's not"?
If $750 is after conversion x 1.2 £700, then it should £700. Anyone not doing that it simply exploiting us. But price is set in dollars, not sterling.
Well the retailers will have to pay *some* commercial import duties upon import. But per chip the price is next to nothing.
We have always been exploited here. I don't know why you are surprised lol. Nothing to stop you importing yourself. I've done this many many times and saved a lot of money.
You could get a 9900k for £475 (yes after all vat and duties). when OCUK were charging £650 lol.

Associate
Vega 64 with its 300W power consumption?!

The problem is that the CPU pricing by AMD effectively confirms that intel's pricing is ok. Which I thought AMD would fight much more aggressively.

Virtually every single one of your posts is trolling these days, and I doubt this one is any different.

You're posting on an enthusiast forum where people don't leave every single thing stock. Why would they post here otherwise?

How many people with any semblance of a clue don't undervolt Vega 10?

No?

Tumbleweed?

Trolling again?

That's been the case for nearly 2 years, so I somewhat doubt you're unaware of it. Mine pulls about 160-185W at full load (depending on what it is), at 1700Mhz - naturally not stock voltage.

Back
Top Bottom