• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
X570 boards being so expensive is not a good idea. AMD will shoot themselves in the foot when people don't buy. It's putting me off buying. I think I'll just wait until next year. I'm not paying £300+ for a mobo. No way.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
the big thing which is banging these prices up is the pcie4 stuff, its new and being first to market its going to cost double. if you dont need it dont get a x570. and anyone worrying about navi needing it, IT DOESNT! at least as far as games go. IF you are in to video production then pcie4 and navi maybe a very good option indeed if pcworld on youtube is anything to go by with gordon claiming he say a 40% gain with a amd gpu on pcie4 over 3 when using davinci resolve.

Associate
Lol @ the mock outrage already from the Intel fans... The price of x570 is because of PCIE4 and ensuring you can OC your shiney new Zen2 and Ram to max.

There is NOTHING stopping you buying x470 higher end boards (Hint Taichi X470 is £184) and getting similar performance out of Zen2 minus PCIE4 and let's be honest AMD have the only PCIE4 cards at the moment and they are overpriced and underwhelming so I pretty much think most people arent jumping in to x570 for the GPU alone.

Just buy high end previous gen if your not after Wifi6 or PCIE4 lol or even NVME raid...

Some people on these forums love their mock outrage, it's quite hilariously sad to read on an almost daily basis.

No one has said Zen2 only runs on x570, the fact B550 is going to be on ASMedia chips (aka x470) tells you all you need to know, buy a decent x470 now before their prices go up or they become EOL, in a few months after release most of those overpriced x570 boards will be dropping in price anyhow due to lackluster sales performance

Soldato
Lol @ the mock outrage already from the Intel fans... The price of x570 is because of PCIE4 and ensuring you can OC your shiney new Zen2 and Ram to max.

There is NOTHING stopping you buying x470 higher end boards (Hint Taichi X470 is £184) and getting similar performance out of Zen2 minus PCIE4 and let's be honest AMD have the only PCIE4 cards at the moment and they are overpriced and underwhelming so I pretty much think most people arent jumping in to x570 for the GPU alone.

Just buy high end previous gen if your not after Wifi6 or PCIE4 lol or even NVME raid...

Some people on these forums love their mock outrage, it's quite hilariously sad to read on an almost daily basis.

No one has said Zen2 only runs on x570, the fact B550 is going to be on ASMedia chips (aka x470) tells you all you need to know, buy a decent x470 now before their prices go up or they become EOL, in a few months after release most of those overpriced x570 boards will be dropping in price anyhow due to lackluster sales performance

I smell damage limitation by Intel/Intel fans. No need really as I'm sure Intel will be competitive soon enough. As said pricing will level off once the rich/impatient/fans have bought the initial stock. There's something for everyone :)

Soldato
^^^^ look at Aorus and ROG flagship and good quality VRM and PCB layers - should be good for 16 core !

And then B550 boards when they roll out , guessing increase over b450 but will still sell like hot cakes

Soldato
Damn, times certainly have changed with the prices of motherboards.

I was going through some old files the other day and came across the receipt for an MSI P35 mobo that overclocked my Q6600 to 3.6Ghz with ease.

The price?

£76.

It was 12 years ago though :p

Permabanned
Damn, times certainly have changed with the prices of motherboards.
I was going through some old files the other day and came across the receipt for an MSI P35 mobo that overclocked my Q6600 to 3.6Ghz with ease.
The price?
£76.
It was 12 years ago though :p

your Gigabyte EX58 UD5 is worth a small fortune

G J

G J

Associate
Please chill with the OMG INTEL FANBOYS!!!111 when anyone has questions or concerns about these new CPU's / Motherboards.

Soldato
I can sell my 2700x plus my x370 asus strix-x MB for £300. Opinions if I should at that price? I’m away with work till October. Will I be able to get that much for it a few months down the line ?

Soldato
I can sell my 2700x plus my x370 asus strix-x MB for £300. Opinions if I should at that price? I’m away with work till October. Will I be able to get that much for it a few months down the line ?

Just update your bios and rid of the 2700x of your feeling FPS hurt at 1080/1440p or need extra core grunt for workloads .
Do you really need PCIe 4.0 ? And then do you have 3733hz ram to do a £200+ board justice ?

Soldato
If it has the performance you want/need then keep it, total waste of money to buy something you don't need/want.

G J

G J

Associate
your should tag people or this is just a random post

It's just an observation on the last 20 or so posts but its been like it throughout this thread and others that any questions or criticism and people instantly go full defensive and act like they getting personally attacked with the OMG INTEL FANBOY MUST DEFEND AMD!!!

Yeah I get that some people may be trolling but it may be a legit question, stop being so blinded by rabid fanboyism and chill the **** out.

I'll ignore it now or just RTM the post if its an issue.

Back
Top Bottom