Over 75s now pay for TV license

Man of Honour
Such a bad analogy...

No, it's a perfectly reasonable one. Just because you disagree with one, but agree with the other, does not spoil the analogy. In each case a tax is levied widely, but used narrowly. That's the essence of all taxation. The only odd thing about the Licence Fee is that it is properly hypothecated. Which makes it a convenient punching bag.

Caporegime
I may need that road someday and i'd prefer it if was not a mess (which it almost certainly will be anyway), i never need the bbc, ever and neither does anybody else because an alternative is present already.

Last edited:
Soldato
I may need that road someday and i'd prefer it if was not a mess (which it almost certainly will be anyway), i never need the bbc, ever and neither does no one else because an alternative is present already.

Yea, you won't be saying that when you find your old Atari ST up in the loft and The Antiques Roadshow comes to town in 2043. ;)

G J

G J

Associate
I'm not sure whats going to be worse the scam call centers that will target old people with the you've not paid your TV license scam if they havent already or the TV license enforment officers that wont take no I dont have a TV license for an answer and relentlessly hound them.

Soldato
I don't use the road that you use to get to work, but I still pay my council tax. ;)
The tax on fuel and car emission taxes covers a hell lot more then just the roads ;)

In my little island (guernsey) Of the 20 million per year they get from fuel tax only about 2.5 million of it is spent on the roads per year :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
The tax on fuel and car emission taxes covers a hell lot more then just the roads ;)

In my little island (guernsey) Of the 20 million per year they get from fuel tax only about 2.5 million of it is spent on the roads per year :mad:

The roads are funded from council tax; you can switch roads for the local swimming pool, or the local school if you have no kids... Whatever, the analogy stands true.

Caporegime
Having no kids is irrelevant if you value the future at all, nobody lives forever and certainly wont if they feel future generations shouldn't be granted an education which would hopefully mean you'd have employees or services you actually do want being paid for.

Not even remotely like paying for this ****** enterprise, that seems to currently be a net drag on civil discussion at the moment, If i'm ever forced to pay for it, i will be voting for the party that cuts it out regardless of their other policies.

Back
Top Bottom