**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Soldato
My 3T battery is doing well, if I cane the phone then it needs a 20 mins on the dash charger but it'll last a full day with normal use. I could not live without dash charge (yes I know they renamed it... :(), I might be tempted by the 6T I'll probably just wait. I'm not even at 50% of my 128GB used either.

Associate
Today I was out most of the day. My screen time was 1hr 16min and I was down to 33%. No music streaming or anything whilst screen was off.

I agree dash charge is awesome and I am going to miss that. The 3T has been a cracking phone and I am going to miss it. Even now it still holds its own and the P update gives it further longevity. I'm same on storage, I'm about 31gb used of the 120gb or so usable. Just have that itch for a new phone and the Pixel 2 camera is amazing.

Soldato
I don't think I've ever used the dash charge, my 3T is coming up to 2 years old and I still get 3-4hours SOT.

Like others, I'll probably hold off on upgrading for a bit yet, phone is still going strong.

Soldato
hmm that's interesting you mentioned the dash charger. I haven't used mine for over a year since I left the UK and forgot it:p I wonder if normal slower charging helps with battery health. My 3 non T battery is fine still.

Great news re: Android P too!

Associate
Well I was seriously considering getting the 6 but I'll def be keeping my 3T until the 6T or 7 now that we're getting Android P

I've been stupidly close to getting a Huawei P20 Pro (the camera!) but my OP3 still gets good battery life (although I have more than enough opportunity to charge it during the day, so not an issue) and I'll most likely now hold off to the 7.

Stupidly my hesitation has been partly due to one of my favourite features on the OP3, the status slider. No other flagship Android phone has anything like it and it's sooooo useful!

Soldato
I still have my OP3 and it's great news that's its getting P. However it's getting the least priority in terms of release, obviously after the 6, 5/t. We'll probably get it last week of December.

Soldato
The community build of Pie is out and available to installed, it'll work if you just use the manual OTA mechanism and you will then also get the stable build via OTA without having to faff about either.

Just installed it so don't have any comments on it yet :)

Soldato
9.0.2 is now being rolled out :)

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...android-pie-for-oneplus-3-oneplus-3t.1037208/

Direct links to the OTA files if you want to install ASAP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75026505&postcount=2
  • System
    • Updated system to Android 9 Pie
    • Brand new UI for Android Pie
    • Updated Android security patch to 2019.4
  • Do Not Disturb mode
    • You can now customize the time range in the new Do Not Disturb mode
  • New Gaming mode 3.0
    • Supported displaying text content of the heads up notifications
    • Added notification for 3rd party calls
  • Phone
    • Dialer now supports Google Duo
  • Camera
    • Supports Google Lens to provide you with powerful image recognition experience
  • System
    • General bug fixes and improvements

Last edited:
Associate
My OP3 is still alive, but the rear camera is not. Upgrading to 9 has improved the UI but at the cost of battery life and also the fingerprint reader has become slightly slower to register the print and unlock.

I am currently on the lookout for a new phone though so it'll likely be retired in the not to distant future, has been a reliable workhorse though!

Back
Top Bottom