**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Soldato
OP
My 3T powers my dragonfly DAC fine, what have you tried?

Fiio external dac amp

What bugs do you have? No plans on replacing my OP3 in 2018.

WiFi not roaming between ap and generally being weak (supposedly fixed in next release) and mobile network randomly dropping off requiring a power cycle (seems well reported on op forum bugs). Those are the two big issues but certainly not limited to those.

Soldato
Weird, dunno what to suggest, I bought the cheapest OTG cable on amazon and it worked straight away, lots of stuff on google saying Fiio devices work as well.

I've had the bug where it just drops mobile network, switching to aeroplane mode and back again fixes it for me saving a reboot but there was a point where it would lose data signal after connecting to a wifi network and just not connect to 3g/4g, seems to have stopped doing that even though it hasn't had an update.

Soldato
OP
Yeah unfortunately airplane mode doesn't fix it. Seemed to not happen for several weeks and then came back.

Seems a bit sporadic. Not good when your second sim is a work on call line.

Soldato
Has anyone used their European OnePlus 3 in the US? If so, I'm looking for some advice regarding network speeds.

I am currently with Three so I benefit from their 'Feel At Home' roaming. However, I found out that this only lets me use 3G and not 4G LTE so my other option would be to get a SIM card in the US.

From reading around, it seems AT&T and T-Mobile support one 4G LTE band that my phone also supports. Does anyone know how good the coverage/speeds are?

Soldato
Has anyone used their European OnePlus 3 in the US? If so, I'm looking for some advice regarding network speeds.

I am currently with Three so I benefit from their 'Feel At Home' roaming. However, I found out that this only lets me use 3G and not 4G LTE so my other option would be to get a SIM card in the US.

From reading around, it seems AT&T and T-Mobile support one 4G LTE band that my phone also supports. Does anyone know how good the coverage/speeds are?

Yeah sounds about right. 4G would be reserved for AT&T/T-Mobile customers and users roaming just get 3G?

edit- just re-read your post. I'm not sure about speeds sorry.

Soldato
5.0.3 is out, I have to say, my 3T is feeling much snappier than when it was on 5.0.2

Guessing this is probably the last update we'll see.

Changelog:

• System
    • Updated Android security patch to 2018.5
    • Supported FaceUnlock
  • Launcher
    • Refined Shelf UI design
    • New design for App shortcuts
    • Supported more options when long pressing an icon
  • Gallery
    • Places: a map view of photos by location
    • Supported sharing photos to Shot-On-OnePlus
    • Added "Recently Deleted" collection
  • File Manager
    • Added "Large files" category
  • Weather
    • Added new widget for Launcher
    • Improved the positioning accuracy
    • Adjust refresh interval for weather information update

Associate
As my OP3 is still going strong, and I can't justify an upgrade (not much jumping out at me as essential on a new handset) I'm toying with the idea of switching over to Lineage OS to keep getting updates, and the like.

Pretty sure that it won't kill my banking app (HSBC), but may screw integration with work apps (MS Company Portal has a fit about unlocked bootloaders and rooting, but I now have a work handset so have an alternative option) so interested to know any other OP3 owners that have moved away from Oxygen OS, how easy it is to load a new ROM and what the experience has been like :)

Back
Top Bottom