Car stuck in a drain

Soldato
Awaiting update from OP.

f5-8er-IY9-So-L0.gif

Associate
If you wrapped a few Gucci belts under the width of the car (only XXXL sizes will work here, so I hope you're a top earner) then attach to a forklift and lift it should work.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As has been aluded to previously, jack further back and then support from a jacking point with axle stands, a brick, the spare wheel, etc. Move jack forward. Rinse and repeat ubtil front wheel is lifted sufficiently to put some wood or other support under there.

Soldato
OP
All done!

Had a recovery guy out, he managed to jack it up from near the back and get axle stands in, then jacking a bit more to get the axle stands nearer to the front to where he wanted them. Then he used one of the metal ramps that you would use to drive a car onto the recovery truck under the front wheel so the car was like sitting on a bridge over the drain and then drove the car off.

Zero damage, can't even find a scratch on the paint work in that area either. :) Although I'm now 30 notes lighter. :(

Edit: I know in theory I could have done it all myself but I don't have a trolley jack or axle stands or any thing suitable to rest car on. Trying to call in favours from friends and family is a challenge to get everyone with the right components at the right time.

Back
Top Bottom