Another Example of Idiocy

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Walking past...! Seriously. They burst into a private event, they knew exactly what they were doing. They should thank this minister who marched her out, its given their cause so much more airtime.

they didnt burst in..they came in dressed for the evening and passed through the same security checks as everybody else in the room..they didnt just run in off the street or sneak in the back door

GAC

GAC

Soldato
I very much doubt it was. If it was it shouldn't be, the more I see the clip the worse it looks.

The protesters, from what I saw where calm.

end of the day he removed a trespasser with reasonable force, didnt strike or choke her just guided her to someone else and that was it. it looks worse as when he grabbed her arm she tried to push pass and as his arm straightened it pushes her in to the column, but as far as the law goes its fine.

she has since admitted to being refused entry but found another way in, so maybe she can be brought up on trespass and breaking and entering charges because as it stands she's more in the wrong than he is.

Man of Honour
did you like Maggie by any chance?

Not aimed at me, but I liked Maggie. On the whole. She did some things wrong but she had more backbone and balls than any other Prime Minister in my lifetime.

Hmm...thinking about what I just wrote there, maybe that is actually more of a statement on how weak and wishy-washy all the other Prime Ministers have been rather than a statement of degree of like of Maggie.

Permabanned
end of the day he removed a trespasser with reasonable force, didnt strike or choke her just guided her to someone else and that was it. it looks worse as when he grabbed her arm she tried to push pass and as his arm straightened it pushes her in to the column, but as far as the law goes its fine.

she has since admitted to being refused entry but found another way in, so maybe she can be brought up on trespass and breaking and entering charges because as it stands she's more in the wrong than he is.
Err he smashed her face into a concrete column.

Associate
This is a bit off topic but can someone point out to me the point at which climate change became a left/right issue ? For most of my life it was never a left/right issue, but it seems to me that its become this way in recent years, most notably in America where if you worry about climate change you're often classed as a libt4rd or whatever.

It's bizarre and pretty depressing that something so important can now just be dismissed as 'Liberal propaganda'. It's also unbelievably disrespectful to the all the scientists and experts who have spent their lives dedicated to studying the subject

Getting back on topic... I don't think that can be classed as assault but im fairly sure most people here would not be entirely happy if a random guy had done that to a female member of their family, it was just a bit needless and dramatic.

Man of Honour
This is a bit off topic but can someone point out to me the point at which climate change became a left/right issue ? For most of my life it was never a left/right issue, but it seems to me that its become this way in recent years, most notably in America where if you worry about climate change you're often classed as a libt4rd or whatever.

I think its just the nature of many protest groups to end up becoming infiltrated (if thats not too strong a word) by extremists from either faction and the end result is they get labelled as left/right. Climate Change protestors often appear to be also Vegan protestors, Animal Rights protestors, Anti-Capitalists etc and those are groups which have left leaning tendencies which I imagine is why Climate Change has grown to have the leftist tag.

Transmission breaker
Don
ok maybe I exaggerated, he was pretty rough when he first got up though.

Watch it again, closely. Perhaps you should be clear what you are saying before making such statements?

I really do not see the issue here. The fact she is taking no action speaks volumes.

He did not mercilessly beat a women to the ground.. He grabbed her, turned her around, and led her away with just enough force to make sure she understood she was leaving. There were no injuries, and one one died.

The law states the following in regards to protesting:

Under the Human Rights Act everybody has a freedom of expression and a freedom of thought and assembly. This means that everybody has a right to a peaceful protest and no restrictions shall be placed on this unless it is in the interests of national security, public safety or for the prevention of disorder or crime.

There are however some offences that are commonly linked to protesting and these are:

• Aggravated trespass:
    This offence is committed if a protestor or group of protestors trespasses on land and disrupts a lawful activity, intimidates a person engaged in lawful activity or tries to deter them from carrying out that lawful activity.
For example, if a group of protestors trespasses on land where genetically modified crops are being grown, whilst the farmer is on the land, then they commit the offence of aggravated trespass.

Penalty - imprisonment and/or fine.

No wonder she wants to keep it away from the Police...

Soldato
by many you mean the vast majority that are not trained and have no experience in such issues ? yeah seems so.

No. I mean some people. I include myself in that. I have plenty of experience in such issues. I think what he did was disproportionate and unreasonable.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/self-defence-and-prevention-crime

It's the reason why the word "instinctive" has been bandied around. In my opinion, it plainly wasn't instinctive though.

Soldato
Hmmm. Maybe. Maybe not. I think it's clear his response is considered by many to have been disproportionate.

The legality of her presence in the room is irrelevant btw.

Except to the law, which is the ONLY thing that matters, as he hasn't been charged (or convicted) with any offence. It's OK to have an opinion but to want action solely due to opinion is a worrying step. Is "trial by Social Media", where non-legal opinions count more than the law, a thing you'd like over the current system?

Permabanned
Watch it again, closely. Perhaps you should be clear what you are saying before making such statements?

I really do not see the issue here. The fact she is taking no action speaks volumes.

He did not mercilessly beat a women to the ground.. He grabbed her, turned her around, and led her away with just enough force to make sure she understood she was leaving. There were no injuries, and one one died.

The law states the following in regards to protesting:

Under the Human Rights Act everybody has a freedom of expression and a freedom of thought and assembly. This means that everybody has a right to a peaceful protest and no restrictions shall be placed on this unless it is in the interests of national security, public safety or for the prevention of disorder or crime.

There are however some offences that are commonly linked to protesting and these are:

• Aggravated trespass:
    This offence is committed if a protestor or group of protestors trespasses on land and disrupts a lawful activity, intimidates a person engaged in lawful activity or tries to deter them from carrying out that lawful activity.
For example, if a group of protestors trespasses on land where genetically modified crops are being grown, whilst the farmer is on the land, then they commit the offence of aggravated trespass.

Penalty - imprisonment and/or fine.

No wonder she wants to keep it away from the Police...
I don't remember seeing any genetically modified crops

Permabanned
Except to the law, which is the ONLY thing that matters, as he hasn't been charged (or convicted) with any offence. Is "trial by Social Media", where non-legal opinions count more than the law, a thing you'd like over the current system?
excuse me, he is a minister of state and thus projecting to the world that we in the UK treat woman like that and then complain about the attitude prevalent in certain other cultures.

Back
Top Bottom