Dashcams!

Soldato
How`s the built in battery on your 522gw?

I followed the instructions for mine charged it up for 2 hours before hardwiring it in my Golf, my drive to work then back home is 90 minutes in total, its charging but never gets up to full capacity.

This is the second one that I have tried as I thought the previous one was faulty.

Running the same setup as you are with the rear window camera fitted as well.

Cheers all

Not really had a chance to test it to be honest, only fitted them yesterday, my GF's still had some battery left this evening, but was moaning that it was getting low and to plug it in (this was after me cleaning the car with parking mode turned on, so it may have been filming a few clips on battery)

Associate
Not really had a chance to test it to be honest, only fitted them yesterday, my GF's still had some battery left this evening, but was moaning that it was getting low and to plug it in (this was after me cleaning the car with parking mode turned on, so it may have been filming a few clips on battery)

Exchanged my 522gw last night at Halfords as the internal battery was not holding its charge plus the camera was getting hot.

Charged up the replacement camera last night for 2 hours with parking mode turned off then put it back in my car.

Success the internal battery held its charge overnight & 20 minutes into my drive to work this morning the blue charging light switched itself off, so third time lucky the camera is now working as it should.

Also no heat issues either.

Cheers all

Soldato
My old BlueSkySea finally died, first thought was a 1080 Yi, but i’d prefer the more discrete looks of a Viofo A119 v2, reviews and footage looks OK and the v2 seems to have resolved the earlier niggles from what I read, anything else I should look at or consider before going for it? I’ll be doing a hardwired install behind the mirror, not that fussed about rear recording at this stage - cheap enough to add a second set-up later on if required.

Soldato
Would be interested in the above as well. Currently got the Yi and been fine in the 3 years I've had it. Never needed to pull a footage out of it thankfully but wouldn't mind upgrading and passing the Yi on to the GF.

Associate
My old BlueSkySea finally died, first thought was a 1080 Yi, but i’d prefer the more discrete looks of a Viofo A119 v2, reviews and footage looks OK and the v2 seems to have resolved the earlier niggles from what I read, anything else I should look at or consider before going for it? I’ll be doing a hardwired install behind the mirror, not that fussed about rear recording at this stage - cheap enough to add a second set-up later on if required.

I also have a blueskysea good cam but the app is useless, never connects. Was reading reviews of the Viofo app and that appears to be the same.

Soldato
Exchanged my 522gw last night at Halfords as the internal battery was not holding its charge plus the camera was getting hot.

Charged up the replacement camera last night for 2 hours with parking mode turned off then put it back in my car.

Success the internal battery held its charge overnight & 20 minutes into my drive to work this morning the blue charging light switched itself off, so third time lucky the camera is now working as it should.

Also no heat issues either.

Cheers all

How much charge was it holding? I just did a text on my wifes one and it records for about 18 minutes at 1440p.

Soldato
but i’d prefer the more discrete looks of a Viofo A119 v2, reviews and footage looks OK and the v2 seems to have resolved the earlier niggles from what I read, anything else I should look at or consider before going for it?

Look at getting a front and rear dashcam. I'm happy with my Aukey DR02. Since you're interested in the Viofo A119, you might look at the A129.

Associate
How much charge was it holding? I just did a text on my wifes one and it records for about 18 minutes at 1440p.

Sounds like your wife's camera battery is working as it should (according to Nextbase), when I charged up the camera that I have just taken back on a full charge I would lose one bar on the battery walking from inside my house to my car which is on my driveway.

Plus in the morning the battery would be flat after leaving the camera in my car overnight, so parking mode not working as it should either.

Cheers all

Soldato
Sounds like your wife's camera battery is working as it should (according to Nextbase), when I charged up the camera that I have just taken back on a full charge I would lose one bar on the battery walking from inside my house to my car which is on my driveway.

Plus in the morning the battery would be flat after leaving the camera in my car overnight, so parking mode not working as it should either.

Cheers all

Perfect both of mine sound good then.

Underboss
@ Thinkware owners

Over the past few months now, when i sit in the car, engine running, and view the dashcam footage on my phone, instead of playing a video from start to finish smoothly it keeps stopping and has to let it "catch up" and then stops again over and over, takes ages to watch a video now

Anyone else experienced this ?

no idea if its my phone or the camera or what

Back
Top Bottom