Steam Sale started today

Associate
If you boost your team, does that then mean you lose all your boost meter capacity? It says I have 0 capacity, so does that mean if I played a game with achievements i'd not get any points?

Yes, but you get it back the next day. There's no point saving it.

Edit: actually, I've no idea if it resets. Probably not, that would be a bit generous.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Trying to decide between:

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Outward
  • Vampyr

Decisions, decisions!

Havent played the middle one, but the first and third ones are very good. Having said that, you can have Vampyr for £1 as part of the MS Gamepass, so maybe pick that up there and grab one of the other two instead.

Associate
I haven't bought games for a while, so treated myself to some old games I used to play when I was younger;

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Normality
Outlaws
Full Throttle Remastered

Associate
I am tempted at buying afew games, two point hospital and rust.

The only issue that is holding me back is that I havnt even played the games I bought in the last sale.

Soldato
The one thing Humble Monthly has really done for me that was kind of unexpected...

It makes me much more reluctant to buy things in the sales, because I know if I buy something and then it shows up in a future Humble Monthly I'll be kicking myself!!!

The only thing I'm sort of thinking about so far is South Park Stick of Truth + Fractured Butthole for £9... I've played the first one on the PS3 but kind a rushed through it as it was a borrowed copy that I had to give back

Associate
As others have pointed out: Mehhhhh

It's just not the same. Not a clue what this animal racing bo**ocks is all about either. Do away with stuff like that and bring back the flash sales.

Squad and ArmA 3 Apex DLC are the only things which have caused me to do anything more than slightly raise my eyebrows in interest.

Witcher 3 has been at 75% off for weeks now, so might just go for that too.

Soldato
Haven't bought anything in the last few years sales, don't plan on buying anything now. Prices have gone up and the deals aren't as good.

This really, does anyone buy games from Steam anymore?

I had an email saying a load of old games on my wishlist were in the sale, and some of the pricing made me laugh. Some old games like fallout 4 that they're still trying to make money out of, and that you can pick it up much cheaper elsewhere.

Soldato
With The following being on Microsoft Gamepass for a quid:

Metro Exodus
Prey
Vampyr
Void B*STARDS

This steam sale seems a bit pointless as I already own SQUAD and Insurgency

Associate
Was hoping for bigger discount on SEKIRO shadows die twice but it's only the same price as other respectable online outlets. Nothing else looks that interesting.

Soldato
Achievements you've already earned from games in the past can be turned into points, you just need to play them for 30 minutes during the sale for them to be redeemable. Most games give way over 10K points if you've finished them. Much quicker than trying to complete those daily tasks.

You can't redeem all the points though unless you upgrade your speed booster, 100+ per day or 127 per £1 spent on the sale, so looks like getting that 15,000 for a £5 off isn't really worth it if there's nothing you really want you'd have to spend close to £100 to get a speedbooster that can hold the 15k points :(

Associate
You can't redeem all the points though unless you upgrade your speed booster, 100+ per day or 127 per £1 spent on the sale, so looks like getting that 15,000 for a £5 off isn't really worth it if there's nothing you really want you'd have to spend close to £100 to get a speedbooster that can hold the 15k points :(

Yeah, £118.11 to be precise. Definitely just for the big spenders. I think I prefered the cards.

Back
Top Bottom