The Division 2 - March 2019

Caporegime
Funnily enough I went for a Survival run on D1 last night. Only two of us sadly and I extracted without any real drama but it was like putting on a pair of well worn in jeans. Just perfect.

Man of Honour
Funnily enough I went for a Survival run on D1 last night. Only two of us sadly and I extracted without any real drama but it was like putting on a pair of well worn in jeans. Just perfect.

I really wish I had the mental focus to do survival but too often these days my mind is on two things at once and I can't just switch off and concentrate on survival and/or know I will have an uninterrupted session. In many ways it is the kind of game TD1 should have been at a base level.

Soldato
I've heard a fair few complaints about loot as well but I don't know enough about the retail game to know how much is people complaining because they want everything handed to them on a plate or not.

This is the main part of the problem - people wanting everything handed to them on a plate.

People must have realised (even from the first game) that it is a looter shooter, everything is based on RNG and just because you don't get a god roll drop on your 2nd attempt at a mission, you now throw your toys out of the pram.

The whole point of it being RNG is to make builds diverse, they're about to ruin this with max exotic drops from bosses, so now everyone will have max exotics and there will be one less component that's diverse amongst players - the whole idea was for you to keep recalibrating the stats to try your chance at a better roll.

If people can't accept that aspect of the game, then i'm sorry but The Division game series are clearly not for you.

The other big problem is that people whined about the lack of matchmaking for Raids. Matchmaking for Raids would have been a disaster, as the raids require a great deal of team communication and this is something that just doesn't happen during matchmaking mission runs. But there are two main discord channels where you can easily put together a group of players all looking to do a raid and go from there. I think when i last looked there were 70k users registered to one of those discord channels, so really it's just a case of those whining people being lazy. They could just as easily join the discord channel and find a group.

Associate
Woah what happened? Everybody was praising TD2 when it came out. I was just thinking of buying it.

It's well worth buying just for the experience up till the endgame because your not too worried about faffing with the RNG and overwhelming amount of stats. Once you get to that point your just chasing your tail and for no real reason apart from maybe to kill something 0.1 millisecond faster. Constantly filling up your inventories after each play session and then spending an hour to pick out what you think could be used in a decent build, then only to find a week or too later there has been another buff or nerf to said gear, just gets tiresome.

I'll pop back in when the map is expanded and survival mode is introduced.

Caporegime
Yeah the end game grind at the moment is nowhere near rewarding enough, I'm still not gear level 500 and I've got hundreds of hours at WT5. You can literally play for days without getting a single item that improves your build, the loot is hot garbage.

My build isn't close to being min/max'ed either, so its not as though I just require a single god roll item to finish my build. The RNG is far too severe, with multiple RNG levels to it:

1. Need the item to drop at 500
2. Need the right gear brand
3. Need the right talents
4. Need the right attributes
5. Need the right mod slots

Good luck with that.

Caporegime
Makes a mockery of their claims of 'end game first' they talked about. I'm still not up to level 30 yet, I just can't bring myself to play it as I'm neck deep in Apex.

Permabanned
Yeah the end game grind at the moment is nowhere near rewarding enough, I'm still not gear level 500 and I've got hundreds of hours at WT5. You can literally play for days without getting a single item that improves your build, the loot is hot garbage.

My build isn't close to being min/max'ed either, so its not as though I just require a single god roll item to finish my build. The RNG is far too severe, with multiple RNG levels to it:

Good luck with that.

This is my main annoyance because recalibration sucks ass, far too restrictive. You essentially have to farm for hours(even days) on end just for an item and it needs to be almost perfect as you can only recalibrate one thing on it, otherwise its trash.

Caporegime
This is my main annoyance because recalibration sucks ass, far too restrictive. You essentially have to farm for hours(even days) on end just for an item and it needs to be almost perfect as you can only recalibrate one thing on it, otherwise its trash.

Yeah absolutely plus you can't recalibrate crafted gear :confused:

Which basically makes the crafting station pointless for gear, especially as you can only craft to 490. Whoever came up with these sort of game mechanics need to be binned off.

Soldato

Good luck with that.

Does it really matter that you're not GS 500? You know that as soon as you hit that, they'll increase the max anyway :p I'm "only" GS 493 and my build rocks but I get your point generally, there is a pretty big wall that everyone seems to hit at endgame in terms of getting anything new that's actually useful.

Caporegime
Does it really matter that you're not GS 500? You know that as soon as you hit that, they'll increase the max anyway :p I'm "only" GS 493 and my build rocks but I get your point generally, there is a pretty big wall that everyone seems to hit at endgame in terms of getting anything new that's actually useful.

It doesn't bother me that much, id happily be 495 with a stronger build than some mixture build at 500. My issue is that even the gear at less than 500 is garbage, with attributes, talents etc that have no cohesion.

Associate
With TU5 crafted gear will do all as looted gear-recalibration etc. So crafting will be viable.
Sure there is problem with loot - they artificially wanted to prolong game time,which made players feel opposite.It didnt make sense when you tried to recalibrate Nemesis from 490 to 500 and you got less damage with each recalibration.
All exotics will be 500GS and max rolled.
They realized this and fixing it.Exotics will drop from heroic bosses,which how it should have been from the start.
To much RNG - they going to make recalibration similar to Div 1,also it should have been from the start probably.
Remember - TD1 took good half year to fix,TD2 is just 3 months old.
Surely shoulda learned from TD1,but they made to many changes in gear,crafting etc.Which didnt worked obviously.
I have no problem as long as they fix.
Raid is easy now,especially with players who know what they doing.
Have nearly perfect Aces build,which does very good job as support in raid,also rips NPC's and covers 3 corners on last boss easily.

Man of Honour
Surely shoulda learned from TD1,but they made to many changes in gear,crafting etc.Which didnt worked obviously.

I dunno why they didn't just take what worked well in TD1 in that respect, make some tweaks and the odd new mechanic - rather than seemingly change a lot around for the sake of it just to make it different.

Associate
Would probably have had people complaining it wasnt different enough then, I do find myself wondering tho if the crafting thing was deliberate to try & drag the game out, cant see the point of doing a fairly in depth system then making it worthless at end game, if that was the case as someone said its had the opposite effect & had ppl quitting due to the frustration of not being able to make decent sets.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Would probably have had people complaining it wasnt different enough then

Wouldn't have thought too many people complained aslong as there was some cosmetic difference and new content, etc. largely people generally don't like change in terms of day to day mechanics they deal with (as can be seen with new versions of Windows, etc.) so it isn't really a good idea from a design perspective to change systems around for the sake of it in a game like this.

Associate

Good luck with that.

I don't know if you know but its very easy to get gear score of 500! in fact way to easy I got to level 30 and had gear score of 500 in one hour , All I did at level 30 was go right in to bounties with another guy who had gear score of 500 already and he dropped all the 500 gear score items for me to use :) That's the easy way to get the max score.

If anyone wants a boost in game message me and ill help :)

Literally all I have done at max level is epic bounties runs and have had loads of 500 Green Score gear set items drop.

Caporegime
I don't know if you know but its very easy to get gear score of 500! in fact way to easy I got to level 30 and had gear score of 500 in one hour , All I did at level 30 was go right in to bounties with another guy who had gear score of 500 already and he dropped all the 500 gear score items for me to use :) That's the easy way to get the max score.

If anyone wants a boost in game message me and ill help :)

Literally all I have done at max level is epic bounties runs and have had loads of 500 Green Score gear set items drop.

Thanks but getting gear items at 500 isn't the issue, the issue is getting gear items at 500 that are relevant to your build. Thats my point.

For example I'm still using a mask at 494 and have now for easily 200+ hours because anything that drops above that isn't as good for my build.

500 is only important in that if you're looking to min/max then those are the items that will have the absolute max item attributes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom