Crohns / ulcerative colitis sufferers

Soldato
Thanks guys.
She is having a rough time of it, in so much as she is a chef and a solid grafter, being slowed down is getting her down. She is still smiling and getting on with it, but you know how you want good people to not suffer.

Yep. The Mrs gets quite upset on my behalf, it’s always as hard for the partner as it is for the sufferer.

Fatigue for some people becomes the biggest problem. If there’s anything I’ve learnt, it’s to rest when my body tells me to rest, even if I want to keep going. If I don’t I’ll pay for it later.

Oh, and Germaloids or Anusol is great for a sore bumhole :D

Soldato
Just been reading through the thread, Doctors are checking me over for possible crohns or ulcerative colitis due to my unstable bowels and blood issues im facing.
Iv been facing issues for a while now and fatigue wise i feel hammered. Had colonoscopy now and im due some kind of scan with a dye (What is this i cant find much info on it has anyone else had it?)
Iv mainly come to ask does anyone have any tips regarding the extreme cramping and stabbing pains which can occur? Pain relief only goes so far wondering if anyone has any tips or positions i can try lay in etc?

Soldato
Just been reading through the thread, Doctors are checking me over for possible crohns or ulcerative colitis due to my unstable bowels and blood issues im facing.
Iv been facing issues for a while now and fatigue wise i feel hammered. Had colonoscopy now and im due some kind of scan with a dye (What is this i cant find much info on it has anyone else had it?)
Iv mainly come to ask does anyone have any tips regarding the extreme cramping and stabbing pains which can occur? Pain relief only goes so far wondering if anyone has any tips or positions i can try lay in etc?

The scan is likely a contrast MRI or CT, I’ve has loads and they’re fine. My colitis was diagnosed with blood tests for high CRP, and a colonoscopy, they’re likely ruling out scarier things first. I won’t comment to much in order to adhere to the rules.

I find foetal position helps the most with cramping, but to be honest there’s no escape. They need to treat the condition.

Pain, cramping, fatigue and explosive toilet habits are the hallmark of IBD I’m afraid. I’d its any consolation you get used to it.

Fatigue is by far my biggest symptom these days, it’s awful. But I do have NASH, pancreatitis, hypothyroidism, Fibromyalgia, UC and a lot of other, less serious problems. So I think that makes mine worse.

The good news is that if it’s IBD, a lot of people respond well to treatment. Steroids and ASA5 will likely be your first step if you have IBD.

Soldato
Cover cloud additional premium for UC. Don't know if anyone has any other options. Bank account travel insurance doesn't accept medical conditions

xMwTT8e.jpg
holy jeebus - don't think i've ever paid more than a few quid extra when declaring my UC. assume you've had some complications recently or surgery which is putting the additional premium so high? i've used insureandgo in the past and a couple of others i can't seem to remember - i can dig through emails when i get home if it helps.

Tea Drinker
Don
holy jeebus - don't think i've ever paid more than a few quid extra when declaring my UC. assume you've had some complications recently or surgery which is putting the additional premium so high? i've used insureandgo in the past and a couple of others i can't seem to remember - i can dig through emails when i get home if it helps.

No nothing, no surgeries only medication so yes I would be interested in an alternative, note though that that is for trips to America so I assume medical cover in America is lolcost let alone with a condition

Soldato
No nothing, no surgeries only medication so yes I would be interested in an alternative, note though that that is for trips to America so I assume medical cover in America is lolcost let alone with a condition
ah ok, i've only ever done europe and as you say yanky doodle land is probably a horror for the medical insurance companies. but i'll have a gander at my emails when i'm home and holler back.

Tea Drinker
Don
@Maccapacca just ran a quote through insureandgo for worldwide travel (inc USA) and getting the below...i was answering no to bowel obstruction and no to unplanned hospitalisation.

:eek: additional £154 for me, isn't that odd

Medical screening

Your selected medical screening region is

Worldwide including USA, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Singapore, China and Hong Kong

Maccapacca 41

Screened condition(s) are covered

Medical Ref: IGMR-11617837

Declared conditions:

Ulcerative colitis

Cost: £154.54

Tea Drinker
Don
@Thekwango

Still £82 for a single trip

Medical screening

Worldwide including USA, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Singapore, China and Hong Kong

Maccapacca, 41

Medical Ref: IGMR-11617913

Declared conditions:

Ulcerative colitis

Cost: £82.80

Soldato
@Thekwango

Still £82 for a single trip

Medical screening

Maccapacca, 41

Medical Ref: IGMR-11617913

Declared conditions:

Ulcerative colitis

Cost: £82.80
on top of the £50 quid premium so about £132 total?! that's confusing the life out of me then. if i post the screening questions as they appear for me do you want to reply with answers in trust - i'm curious what i'm doing different to you that gets me down to ~100 quid.

edit:how long are you going for - i was just bunging in random dates for a 2 week period.

Caporegime

Ah that could be it.

You could try free spirit, I posted about them a couple of weeks ago though the quote I got was for Europe.

Permabanned
So my 11 year old boy has just had a colitis(UC?) diagnosis. :(

Wondering at what sort of age people got diagnosed and how people generally live with it. Dont know a huge amount about it yet. Does diet have much of an affect?

Back
Top Bottom