F1 2019

Soldato
Also getting a few crashes but generally playable. It definitely crashes when I try change resolution or something! Though managed to do it with geforce experience and been fine ever since.

Game is great though. Underwhelmed by how little F2 appears in the career mode.

Now gonna work my way to be a little faster, get more familiar with the tracks on 2nd half of the season then tackle some online lobbies.

Soldato
Caved in and bought it. Got the standard edition.

Hopefully it'll be a worthy upgrade. Just checked my steam account and I put in over 200 hours in F1 2010 but hardly anything on 2013 or 2016 (Assetto Corsa took over). Looks I'm on 3 yearly cycles for the series and things will have improved from when I last played.

Soldato
I get an occasional freeze for a couple seconds but the game recovers. I’ve also been stopped on track a couple times, like I’ve reset to track while I’ve been driving round. So far though no actual crashes ... well no game crashes anyway.

Soldato
I got my first crash, managed to squeeze podium in china then as the screen faded to black after the race and crashed. The race didnt save so I have to do the whole thing again and it was a bloody wet race!

Associate
by disabling steam overlay will that stop me accessing the workshop on steam for the car setups ?

Can’t you add the ones you might need then refresh your setup page in game, exit game then disable steam overlay, go back to game and they should be available to load.

I just added a bunch for each track, use them as a starting point and fiddle about as and when in game.

Soldato
Damn some of you guys are getting through the races fast. I’m still working my way through the Australia weekend.

I didn’t know about the steam overlay setups either, I’ve just been using the default. I will have to check them out as I find the default too understeer-y especially on worn tyres.

Associate
I didn’t even know about the overlay setups either,
there was a small update today not sure what it was but I read on code masters there working on a fix for afterburner+ overlay so maybe a bigger update coming soon

also some people having problems with the nvidia driver, they have released a hotfix that can be downloaded

Soldato
Ok Ive tried it....

Is it me... or is there really not that much difference between it and 2018?
Tyres are shinier.
Replays are more "action packed".

What are the leagues exactly?

Soldato
I really question the handling sometimes... not sure if thats the way a car is supposed to drive or if something is amiss....

Also really thinking that I may want to upgrade my wheel.

The G920 is "rattley" for a want of a better word and not smooth in its force feedback? Is this what is to be expected from this ilk of steering wheels?

Soldato
The G920 is "rattley" for a want of a better word and not smooth in its force feedback? Is this what is to be expected from this ilk of steering wheels?

If I understand what you mean by rattley correctly, yes it is what is expected with gear driven wheels. The gears don’t mesh perfectly so any vibration causes the motor to quickly pulse in each direction and cause the gears to rattle. I just turned the vibration down in the ffb settings which cures most of it.

The other option is change to a belt driven wheel - I think most/all the Fanatec wheels are belt driven. Or go all out and get a direct drive wheel.

Soldato
I have a G29 so internally the same wheel as you. I can’t check my settings for a few days but the only ones I lowered were the vibration and vibration off track settings to I think 10. All the other ffb settings I left as they were.

Back
Top Bottom