F1 2019

Man of Honour
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/codemasters-releases-f1-2019-available-on-28-june.html

June 2019!

That’s not all though! Working in partnership with F1®, for the first time ever, you’ll be able to get behind the wheel of a 2019 regulation car specifically designed in collaboration with F1®’s technical team, headed up by Ross Brawn and Pat Symonds. The car, which will be available in Multiplayer, adheres to the 2019 regulations and comes with a range of livery designs offering you a new level of personalisation. We’ll be looking at this in more detail in the near future, but for now, you can take a look at these right here:

The 2019 F1® Team liveries will also feature on the car in early marketing materials, but will be replaced by the final Team cars ahead of the games release. You can check these out at the bottom of the blog.

We know that you love the F1® racing franchise, and we want to build on the success of previous iterations and deliver to you an experience that rivals the quality and production values of the real-life sport and includes several new game features which will be revealed in the coming months (so make sure you do keep it here for more!)

“We are absolutely delighted to be able to release F1® 2019 earlier in the Formula 1® Season, so that the game can be played and enjoyed at the same time that the real-world championship picture is starting to form,” said Paul Jeal, F1® Franchise Director at Codemasters. “Our close relationship with Formula 1® has played a major part in achieving this key objective for the franchise. That in addition to our near two-year development cycle, has allowed us to develop some exciting new features and other firsts for the franchise that we can’t wait to share with our community in the coming months.”

“The exciting collaboration with Ross Brawn and Pat Symonds has created new levels of player personalisation in F1® 2019 through the inclusion of the new regulation car,” said Lee Mather, F1® 2019 Game Director at Codemasters. “With the continued growth of the F1® series, it’s great to give players more control and new levels of car and driver customisation and we can’t wait to talk more about this alongside the new multiplayer features in the coming months.”

It sounds like Liberty Media are really backing this now as a promotional tool. Sounds good to me.

Soldato
If they incorporate the HALO into the 1st person view, it will presumably be a bit of a pain as, unlike the real drivers, you won't be able to move your head slightly to take account of it (unless they do add VR).

Associate
If they incorporate the HALO into the 1st person view, it will presumably be a bit of a pain as, unlike the real drivers, you won't be able to move your head slightly to take account of it (unless they do add VR).
Thought the halo was already in the 2018 version?

Associate

You can remove the central pillar of it in f1 2018, that works more like the driver would see it through his eyes......works well.

Soldato
Barely played 2018 but do own every F1 game made by codemasters. You would have thought I'd learn my lesson by now but I can't believe how bad the multiplayer is on it. Every year it's a disappointment.

I haven't found a career setting/mode I really enjoy either. I like a bit of practice to set the car up and I like to develop the car as if it were my career you know working your way up.

But the tedious practice session objectives to be able to get you the points to develop your car just aren't enjoyable to me.

I did enjoy it a year or two back when we did the hot laps on which ever track they were racing on that weekend and kept a scoreboard. But one or two (might even have been you rave, apologies if it wasn't) started exploiting on the last corner and started their lap going twice as fast as anyone else.

Soldato
They have no excuse not to put VR into this years F1 game - It's a massively missed opportunity!

I really wish they would change their release schedule to fall in line with the beginning of the F1 season too

Associate
Just makes it easier if they don't I guess, level playing field.
They don't allow controller in the live finals, and the live stages would be awkward if some were in vr and some not.....harder to stream it all.

No reason it couldn't be done but much easier and simple to watch if all are using the same equipment.

Associate
They have no excuse not to put VR into this years F1 game - It's a massively missed opportunity!

I think they have a pretty good excuse, that being that a minuscule percentage of people who play the game will use VR. Simple case of deciding whether its worth the development time or not and with such a small amount of people using VR its clearly not worth the hassle. These F1 games primarily appeal to a casual market, yes some more serious sim racer types play it but the overwhelming majority will be more casual gamers with no interest in VR whatsoever.

I often feel the VR crew are unaware of just how niche VR still is

Having said all that if the Dirt Rally games have VR support (I don't know if they do) then I guess it is a bit weak to not have it in the F1 games.

Back
Top Bottom