F1 2019

Man of Honour
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/codemasters-releases-f1-2019-available-on-28-june.html

June 2019!

That’s not all though! Working in partnership with F1®, for the first time ever, you’ll be able to get behind the wheel of a 2019 regulation car specifically designed in collaboration with F1®’s technical team, headed up by Ross Brawn and Pat Symonds. The car, which will be available in Multiplayer, adheres to the 2019 regulations and comes with a range of livery designs offering you a new level of personalisation. We’ll be looking at this in more detail in the near future, but for now, you can take a look at these right here:

The 2019 F1® Team liveries will also feature on the car in early marketing materials, but will be replaced by the final Team cars ahead of the games release. You can check these out at the bottom of the blog.

We know that you love the F1® racing franchise, and we want to build on the success of previous iterations and deliver to you an experience that rivals the quality and production values of the real-life sport and includes several new game features which will be revealed in the coming months (so make sure you do keep it here for more!)

“We are absolutely delighted to be able to release F1® 2019 earlier in the Formula 1® Season, so that the game can be played and enjoyed at the same time that the real-world championship picture is starting to form,” said Paul Jeal, F1® Franchise Director at Codemasters. “Our close relationship with Formula 1® has played a major part in achieving this key objective for the franchise. That in addition to our near two-year development cycle, has allowed us to develop some exciting new features and other firsts for the franchise that we can’t wait to share with our community in the coming months.”

“The exciting collaboration with Ross Brawn and Pat Symonds has created new levels of player personalisation in F1® 2019 through the inclusion of the new regulation car,” said Lee Mather, F1® 2019 Game Director at Codemasters. “With the continued growth of the F1® series, it’s great to give players more control and new levels of car and driver customisation and we can’t wait to talk more about this alongside the new multiplayer features in the coming months.”

It sounds like Liberty Media are really backing this now as a promotional tool. Sounds good to me.

Man of Honour
OP
Do people actually buy stuff from cdkeys? you would be better of pirating it. developers will get roughly the same %.

Yes, often. No, you are wrong. They buy the keys in cheaper regions that we are still able to access and then sell them onto us. This might not be the case for all key sites.

I won’t be preordering until I see some user footage and feedback on YouTube.

Man of Honour
OP
Do you find the brake pedal quite spongy and requiring a lot of force to register braking?
Infact a quick google has yielded this issue with quite a few people.
Whats your experience CR?

(CR by the way - are you still playing ST:O? Or has that die a death?)

I found it difficult to push down (even with quite strong legs!). So I followed a modification posted online. I think I removed a plastic square that was making the spring tighter. Millions of screws, but easy to do and now have some decent control over the brake. Haven’t used it since the last F1 game I played, two years ago! Need to get it all dusted and set up. It was an epic wheel though. So much control and feedback.

Haven’t played ST:O since we all stopped shortly after release. I loved it back then, but too many changes since make it too difficult to get back in - that and not having as much time!

Man of Honour
OP
https://realsport101.com/news/sport...ep-legends-edition-release-xbox-ps4-gameplay/

The layout of your command center consol is the same, and the “fog of war” remains on your R&D tree.

Sounds like all of the old features are included too.

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/...-authentic-and-best-formula-1-game-ever-made/ - A really detailed review.

F1 2019 features official graphics, font and details from FOM as you see on TV, giving a more ‘official’ F1 game feel compare to past generations.

The improvement in the night presents further details in-game such as dust within the air, haze and reflections within the lighting makes the game similar to its real-life counterparts.

The AI in F1 2019 are more competitive and more fearless at attacking for positions and will risk it for a gap at the start or during a battle in the race. They will also defend well at corners, often defending the inside of the turn and forcing players to think tactically about their attacks.

One noticeable issue I have found playing the game was the lack of consistency with the frame rate. Some race it will run perfectly on 60FPS, but other times it will stick to 30FPS, or sometimes less on occasions. Whilst it might not be a distraction as often, the inconsistency does affect the flow of gameplay and make the game feel tricky to play with.

Sounds great, although I do worry about the framerate. I have noticed this on some of the YouTuber videos too.

One of the biggest changes to career mode this year is the introduction of Driver Transfers.

Finally! Love the sound of all the F2 features too.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/06/21/codemasters-f1-2019-first-impressions-of-the-finished-game/

Man of Honour
OP
Nope, nor virtual mirror. It's just the usual yearly churn with a half-assed F2 scripted career tacked on.

Except every review saying its the best yet. We'll see I guess. Lack of mouse support and a virtual mirror are hardly deal breakers.

The thing I am happiest about is this -

The AI are amazing on the higher difficulties on 2019, especially when defending positions. They don't just stick to 1 line like previous games. Even watching them all battle each other, all taking differing lines, is so much fun.

Having watched some gameplay videos it is great to see the AI moving about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom