• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Is there supposed to be a difference between leaving colour temperature as automatic (default in my settings) and manually setting it to 6500k? I can't find a proper description of what automatic is or does.

Soldato
Is there supposed to be a difference between leaving colour temperature as automatic (default in my settings) and manually setting it to 6500k? I can't find a proper description of what automatic is or does.

IIRC, it interrogates the monitor and asks it what it should be set to. You can usually check by setting it to auto and to 6500, and there will probably be no difference (assuming your monitor is set to 6500 from the front panel).

Associate
IIRC, it interrogates the monitor and asks it what it should be set to. You can usually check by setting it to auto and to 6500, and there will probably be no difference (assuming your monitor is set to 6500 from the front panel).

Thanks, have a U2715H which should be around 6500k anyway, so probably much of a muchness.

Soldato
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.2 Highlights
Added Vulkan™ Support

• VK_EXT_host_query_reset
    • Allows resets of queries from the host, rather than on the GPU.
  • VK_EXT_full_screen_exclusive
    • Gives applications explicit control over exclusive full-screen modes (this is for instance useful for HDR support).
  • VK_AMD_display_native_hdr
    • Exposes FreeSync2 capabilities for improved HDR support.
  • VK_EXT_separate_stencil_usage
    • Separates the usage flags for depth/stencil aspects of a depth/stencil image making it possible to restrict/expand the usage relative to the depth aspect.
  • VK_KHR_uniform_buffer_standard_layout
    • Provides more flexible alignment for uniform buffers, enabling among other things, the usage of std430 layouts in Vulkan.
Fixed Issues
  • Wireless VR may experience performance drops across multiple game titles on some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay may fail to enable or may be disabled when toggling Radeon Overlay while in game.
  • A TDR may occur when exiting some gaming applications that are using DirectX®12 API when multiple displays are connected and in clone mode.
  • Microsoft® PIX tool may fail when a GPU is connected using AMD XConnect™ Technology.
  • Crackdown™3 may experience an application or game hang on Radeon R7 370 series graphics products.
Known Issues
  • Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook™ is currently unavailable.
  • ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 may experience discrete GPU connection issues with devices disappearing from device manager when the system is idle.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
  • ACER Swift 3 with AMD Ryzen Processor may experience system instability when upgrading to Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.2 using the Custom Clean Installation option.
  • Graphics driver may not uninstall correctly when using the express uninstall option on some Ryzen APUs.
Important Notes
  • AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition can be found here.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-6-2

Permabanned
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.2 Highlights
Added Vulkan™ Support
  • VK_EXT_host_query_reset
    • Allows resets of queries from the host, rather than on the GPU.
  • VK_EXT_full_screen_exclusive
    • Gives applications explicit control over exclusive full-screen modes (this is for instance useful for HDR support).
  • VK_AMD_display_native_hdr
    • Exposes FreeSync2 capabilities for improved HDR support.
  • VK_EXT_separate_stencil_usage
    • Separates the usage flags for depth/stencil aspects of a depth/stencil image making it possible to restrict/expand the usage relative to the depth aspect.
  • VK_KHR_uniform_buffer_standard_layout
    • Provides more flexible alignment for uniform buffers, enabling among other things, the usage of std430 layouts in Vulkan.
Fixed Issues
  • Wireless VR may experience performance drops across multiple game titles on some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay may fail to enable or may be disabled when toggling Radeon Overlay while in game.
  • A TDR may occur when exiting some gaming applications that are using DirectX®12 API when multiple displays are connected and in clone mode.
  • Microsoft® PIX tool may fail when a GPU is connected using AMD XConnect™ Technology.
  • Crackdown™3 may experience an application or game hang on Radeon R7 370 series graphics products.
Known Issues
  • Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook™ is currently unavailable.
  • ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 may experience discrete GPU connection issues with devices disappearing from device manager when the system is idle.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
  • ACER Swift 3 with AMD Ryzen Processor may experience system instability when upgrading to Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.2 using the Custom Clean Installation option.
  • Graphics driver may not uninstall correctly when using the express uninstall option on some Ryzen APUs.
Important Notes
  • AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition can be found here.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-6-2

Do you run benchmarks like Firestrike? If so & if you haven't done one in a while you should give it a go with this driver to see if you get an improvement, I haven't run Firestrike for a while so I'm unsure where the improvement comes from (Driver or Windows update?) but today my FS Standard result got a 37% improvement to it's combined score which has given me a big score improvement of nearly 2000 points overall (9%).

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/19628174/fs/19209882

Associate
Weird one here, Installed latest drivers and the Radeon settings freeze when i adjust the fan profile, Rolled back to previous driver and still doing the same.

Soldato
@LtMatt
Using 19.5.1 atm, on my reference Vega 64 with a Morpheus II and 2 Noctua Industrial 3000 fans.
On DX games (11 or 12 is irrelevant), the driver fan profile works. On X4, a Vulkan only game, it doesn't. Even if the GPU is at 25C it pushes the fans to 2953RPM which is pretty loud.
According to HWInfo the temp even the VRMs ones aren't over 40C when this happens with hotspot at 38C.

I need to download Doom to see if that affects other Vulkan games also.

Caporegime
AMD Adrenalin v19.6.3 Released

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.3 Highlights
Support For

• F1 2019
Fixed Issues
  • YouTube™ login for Radeon ReLive may fail to connect your account.
  • A system hang may occur when performing overclocking or underclocking GPU memory in three display Eyefinity configurations.
  • Radeon ReLive and Radeon Overlay may fail to function correctly after beginning a recording with Radeon ReLive.
  • Region recording in Radeon ReLive may record black frames when an application playing video in the region has been minimized and then maximized.
  • Hyper-V enabled systems may fail to boot after driver installation.
  • Radeon ReLive VR fails to install on Radeon RX 570 series graphics products.
Known Issues
  • Radeon Overlay may fail to enable when playing DOTA™2 in fullscreen mode.
  • ACER Swift 3 with AMD Ryzen Processor may experience system instability when upgrading to Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.3 using the Custom Clean Installation option.
Package Contents
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.3 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.3 Driver Version 19.20.01.11 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.12001.11014)

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Soldato
I seem to be getting "Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure" message quite a lot these days. Is the new drivers a bit buggy? Can't seem to work out if this is driver related or perhaps hardware. Anyone else getting similar message every now and again. Especially if computer is in SLEEP mode or idle for a long time.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I seem to be getting "Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure" message quite a lot these days. Is the new drivers a bit buggy? Can't seem to work out if this is driver related or perhaps hardware. Anyone else getting similar message every now and again. Especially if computer is in SLEEP mode or idle for a long time.

If your on Windows 10 turn off the fast boot/startup setting.

Soldato
New driver, Shame the image sharpening option is exclusive the the 5700 series, Would've hoped AMD could've have made it available for Radeon VII and maybe Vega 56/64.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...amd-radeon-2nd-generation-vega/amd-radeon-vii

• AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon Image Sharpening(1)
    • New feature available in Radeon Settings that can be enabled for DirectX®9, DirectX®11 and Vulkan® games on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics. Provides contrast-adaptive sharpening combined with optional GPU upscaling that helps draw out detail and provide crisp-looking visuals.
  • AMD Radeon Anti-Lag(2)
    • New feature available in Radeon Settings that can be enabled for DirectX®9 and DirectX®11 games that improves input-to-display response time with up to 31% reduction in lag.RS-295
  • AMD Link(3)
    • Now supports auto-discovery mode and one-tap connection, allowing you to easily connect your Radeon PC and AMD Link App.
    • Now supports connections to Apple TV and Android TV with a new simplified TV interface.
  • AMD Radeon Chill(4)
    • Now supports display-aware tuning which sets frame-rate caps to match your monitors refresh rate providing up to 2.5x more power savings than before.RS-294 Display-aware tuning works with fixed-refresh monitors or with variable-refresh Radeon FreeSync™-capable displays.
  • AMD Radeon WattMan(5)
    • New power gauge readout available in Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan.
    • Auto Tuning features now provide a summary readout of tuning changes.
  • Settings Snapshot(6)
    • New feature available in Radeon Settings that allows you to create, save and load your custom settings and configurations for Radeon Settings.
  • Automatic Low Latency Mode(7)
    • Allows supported graphics products to communicate with your connected TV and enter low-latency (gaming) mode automatically.
Fixed Issues
  • Performance Metrics Overlay may intermittently display incorrect colors when being displayed in game.
  • Radeon Overlay may fail to appear or invoke when playing DOOM™.
  • Radeon Overlay may fail to appear or invoke when a game is running fullscreen on Windows®7 system configurations.
  • Some users may be experiencing AMD DLL file signing issues with Easy Anti-Cheat™. A clean install of Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.1 may be required to fix this issue.
Known Issues
  • With Radeon Image Sharpening enabled, Radeon Overlay may flicker in DirectX®9 or Vulkan® applications or games.
  • Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
  • Textures in Star Wars® Battlefront II may appear pixelated or blurry when using DirectX®11 API.
  • Minor stuttering may occur when playing Fortnite™ during the first few minutes of gameplay on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics.
  • Valve Index headset may experience flicker when launching SteamVR on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics.
  • Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics may experience a black screen during uninstall on Windows®7 system configurations. A work around is to perform uninstall in safe mode.
  • Recording clips with Radeon ReLive may result in blank clips on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows®7 system configurations.
  • League of Legends™ may fail to launch on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows®7 system configurations.
  • Radeon Settings may not appear in the right click desktop context menu on Windows®7 system configurations.
AMD Link Known Issues
  • Radeon WattMan functionality is currently not available in AMD Link for Radeon VII and Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics products.
  • The manual connection method for AMD Link may Intermittently fail to connect on Android TV.
  • AMD Link TV may experience video corruption while playing back videos from the ReLive gallery on Windows® 7 system configurations.
  • AMD Link TV applications are currently only available in English.

Associate
Does the new sharpening tool work on 580 you? I'm currently unable to play bfv due to forced TAA so wanted to give this a shot

Edit Just seen you can't

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there any indicator if Anti-lag is on or off? I logged in WOT, clicked ALT+L on the vega 64 (as per instructions), and while somehow feeling bit sharper and responsive on my lead shooting, cannot make my mind if is placebo or not.

Soldato
@LtMatt Matt, is there any indicator if and when Antilag is ON? I press ALT+L and there is no indicator. Except the placebo effect, probably, except if within 24h after 8 years playing WOT, I cannot miss a single lead shot having 100% success rate.

Caporegime
OP
@LtMatt Matt, is there any indicator if and when Antilag is ON? I press ALT+L and there is no indicator. Except the placebo effect, probably, except if within 24h after 8 years playing WOT, I cannot miss a single lead shot having 100% success rate.
I believe when you launch the game you will hear a noise if it is enabled. You can also check via the Radeon Overlay menu to see if it is enabled.

Back
Top Bottom