• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

I believe when you launch the game you will hear a noise if it is enabled. You can also check via the Radeon Overlay menu to see if it is enabled.

@shankly1985 also.

In World of Tanks the Gaming Experience tab appears only on fullscreen mode. Not on Windows or Windows Fullscreen.
Pressing the ALT+L doesn't toggle Antilag even if when Gaming Experience tab is open in the overlay (ALT+R).
However going to Gaming Experience tab and activating it manual, while doesn't generate any special sound, seems is ON. And remains ON even when client is closed and open again.
All these with the Vega 64, fully up to date windows 10, having done a purge of previous drivers last night with DDU, and CCleaner afterwards.

FYI Matt, the issues I had with blurring textures (on all DX11 games I play) with 19.6.x drivers, forcing me to roll back to 19.5.1, doesn't exist on the 19.7.1. Good job. :)

When I have the 5700XT AE, will check if the issue persists in WOT or not.

@shankly1985 also.

In World of Tanks the Gaming Experience tab appears only on fullscreen mode. Not on Windows or Windows Fullscreen.
Pressing the ALT+L doesn't toggle Antilag even if when Gaming Experience tab is open in the overlay (ALT+R).
However going to Gaming Experience tab and activating it manual, while doesn't generate any special sound, seems is ON. And remains ON even when client is closed and open again.
All these with the Vega 64, fully up to date windows 10, having done a purge of previous drivers last night with DDU, and CCleaner afterwards.

FYI Matt, the issues I had with blurring textures (on all DX11 games I play) with 19.6.x drivers, forcing me to roll back to 19.5.1, doesn't exist on the 19.7.1. Good job. :)

When I have the 5700XT AE, will check if the issue persists in WOT or not.

i found once i did that the ALT - L works for on and off.

Ok getting issues with the 19.7.1 driver with the 5700 XT, im using the latest update from windows.

im getting a lot of crashes in game and games that run full screen, well it just doesnt like it at all.

my monitor also has built in speakers and the windows option actually drops randomly from the audio selection.

I have uninstalled via DDU and Ccleaner but the issue still persists, the exact same.

Sometimes I can get into games just fine and these are usually DX 11 titles, sometimes it crashes outright or during gaming and quickly in mind you.

FF14 is best case to use, this game just wont run full screen with this driver and gpu right now, windowed mode actually can work, but still can crash.

Sadly i cant install an older driver as it does not let me via the 5700 XT.

when games run, it actually runs really well.

Also when going into wattman, all options are just removed, it doesnt let you do anything.

Ok getting issues with the 19.7.1 driver with the 5700 XT, im using the latest update from windows.

im getting a lot of crashes in game and games that run full screen, well it just doesnt like it at all.

my monitor also has built in speakers and the windows option actually drops randomly from the audio selection.

I have uninstalled via DDU and Ccleaner but the issue still persists, the exact same.

Sometimes I can get into games just fine and these are usually DX 11 titles, sometimes it crashes outright or during gaming and quickly in mind you.

FF14 is best case to use, this game just wont run full screen with this driver and gpu right now, windowed mode actually can work, but still can crash.

Sadly i cant install an older driver as it does not let me via the 5700 XT.

when games run, it actually runs really well.

Also when going into wattman, all options are just removed, it doesnt let you do anything.

Would be helpfull to know your full setup including motherboard, bios and PSU.

So with my new Ryzen build I decided to try the latest Radeon drivers with a fresh Windows 1903 install. Turns out they're still crap. Freesync is completely broken in fullscreen mode when playing Overwatch (monitor is just constantly switching from 57 to 144 Hz and back again), whereas it seemingly works properly in Borderless Windowed mode. Might have to go back to 18.11.2 yet again, sigh.

So with my new Ryzen build I decided to try the latest Radeon drivers with a fresh Windows 1903 install. Turns out they're still crap. Freesync is completely broken in fullscreen mode when playing Overwatch (monitor is just constantly switching from 57 to 144 Hz and back again), whereas it seemingly works properly in Borderless Windowed mode. Might have to go back to 18.11.2 yet again, sigh.

Blizzard has broken FS on Overwatch since January 2018 patch, however there is a trick around to set 142fps cap on Wattman, it works for many.

fifa 19 is back to being a flickering mess on any driver after 19.5.2 :(

dunno what it is about fifa and flickering but this has been happening on and off for a couple of fifa's now. every other game i own doesn't have this issue and it can only be resolved by limiting the fps to 72 for the flickering to stop.

Not too happy with my 5700XT so far, keep getting major FPS drops for split second in games like Apex and Overwatch (eg it will go from 120 to 60). Incredibly annoying. All crap like chill, freesync, all disabled. Temps are relatively OK.

no no the ingame cap should be 144hz.

The driver cap should be 142
Thanks, this seems to have fixed Freesync in fullscreen mode. I still have the issue where I have to re-apply my overclock/undervolt every time I reboot though. I really wish there was a way to automate it (e.g. have a script run on startup). :(

Honestly I think I'll return my 5700XT as faulty. I can't play any of my games on it. Apex Legends - runs 'fine' without crashing but stutters and freezes periodically. Battlefield V - just exits to desktop randomly.

Honestly I think I'll return my 5700XT as faulty. I can't play any of my games on it. Apex Legends - runs 'fine' without crashing but stutters and freezes periodically. Battlefield V - just exits to desktop randomly.

Have you used DDU and then CCleaner, before installing 19.7.1?
Also RTSS & MSI AB do not support Navi properly atm. maybe you should uninstall them also

Also BFV has this issue 4 months now for various GPUs after a patch so my question is, do you play on DX11 by any chance? Have you tried DX12 because that generally is fixing the issue on Nvidia cards.

Last edited:
Yep, at this stage I've tried different PSUs and different GPU's, just to make sure it's 100% the 5700XT. Only get the crashes when it's installed.

Interestingly, when I have my 550W Corsair gold installed, I get stuttering and hitching in Apex, when I have my 650W cougar gold installed, it doesn't stutter or hitch but black screens after about 15 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom