• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

I had the recording set to ingame res, 100Mbps and recording to an empty SSD I have spare, Also tried a hard drive, Doesn't matter which game I try and record, Division 2, Wolfenstein 2, Resident Evil 2, Diablo 3, Destiny 2, DX11, DX12 or Vulkan based games, The whole system freezes, Screen goes black and then the driver recovers, The odd thing is I can use the paid software Action by Mirillis that uses the AMD codec and it records fine, No system crashes etc... tried doing clean driver installs and nothing works, ReLive simply doesn't like my system.

I've been recording at 100Mbps too but the file sizes can be a handful. I started using 100Mbps because at stock (30Mbps) the recording of fast footage like in Dirt Rally got messy as seen in the 1st vid, I've been pushing down from 100Mbps and the second vid is how it looks at 60Mbps so it may be worth trying like that, I wasn't having problems recording at 100Mbps like you are though, How do you get on if you keep all your recordings on the boot drive with your AMD Radeon software? That's how I've got it set up. My boot drive's a 500gb NVME and I keep 200gb of that empty so I can fit plenty of recording time in with out hitting any limits. It has to be something like that causing you issues if you can't record period? You should definitely give that a try.

30Mbps

60Mbps

I have the same issue .. vega 64 with the bios flashed to the LC version now any driver beyond 19.1.1 causes game stuttering /power and frame drops after going
back to original bios all is ok. Remember one thing gamers we don't have to flash the bios as this card has a dual bios switch so all I did was flip the switch and all good now
plus I still have my LC bios on the card so if this issue gets resolved ill just flip the switch back.

I've been recording at 100Mbps too but the file sizes can be a handful. I started using 100Mbps because at stock (30Mbps) the recording of fast footage like in Dirt Rally got messy as seen in the 1st vid, I've been pushing down from 100Mbps and the second vid is how it looks at 60Mbps so it may be worth trying like that, I wasn't having problems recording at 100Mbps like you are though, How do you get on if you keep all your recordings on the boot drive with your AMD Radeon software? That's how I've got it set up. My boot drive's a 500gb NVME and I keep 200gb of that empty so I can fit plenty of recording time in with out hitting any limits. It has to be something like that causing you issues if you can't record period? You should definitely give that a try.

Well for whatever reason the new driver 19.5.2, Made things completely stable for me, Did nothing special, Uninstalled, Ran DDU in safe mode as I always do, Installed 19.5.2 and all good at 100Mbps recording bit rate straight to my 2nd HDD, Very odd.

I did find though that the crashes only happen under DX12, Doesn't happen when The Division 2, Resident Evil 2 etc... are in DX11.

Last edited:
Well for whatever reason the new driver 19.5.2, Made things completely stable for me, Did nothing special, Uninstalled, Ran DDU in safe mode as I always do, Installed 19.5.2 and all good at 100Mbps recording bit rate straight to my 2nd HDD, Very odd.

I did find though that the crashes only happen under DX12, Doesn't happen when The Division 2, Resident Evil 2 etc... are in DX11.

That's good news then, I'll have to remember that for playing DX12 titles,

So realistically looking end of August early September for a decent cooler version. :(

If nothing changes it sounds like that for Sapphire so likely for all as they tend to be one of AMD's closer partners.

That's good news then, I'll have to remember that for playing DX12 titles

Yeah it's a very odd duck, DX12 titles play beautifully with the R7, Absolutely loving this card now that I have a good one, But for whatever reason ReLive doesn't like recording DX12, DX11 recording is no issue, Tried a few DX12 titles and all have the same issue, Division 1 + 2, Resident Evil 2, Hitman, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Switch to DX11 and no recording issues what so ever, It's very repeatable.

Last edited:
Yeah it's a very odd duck, DX12 titles play beautifully with the R7, Absolutely loving this card now that I have a good one, But for whatever reason ReLive doesn't like recording DX12, DX11 recording is no issue, Tried a few DX12 titles and all have the same issue, Division 1 + 2, Resident Evil 2, Hitman, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Switch to DX11 and no recording issues what so ever, It's very repeatable.

I'll try Strange Brigade in DX12 later today, I've recorded plenty of it with Vulkan which was fine, I'll try a few others too.

I uploaded some Division 2 footage a ferw weeks back so that records okay for me, Are you sure Mirillis isn't causing issues with Relive for you? I remember you mentioning that it's connected to Relive in some way though I didn't understand exactly what you meant, After you last mentioned Mirillis I downloaded & installed it to try for myself but it was acting strange so I just deleted it..

win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.5.2-may22

..has been updated to

win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.5.2-june3

Apart from the dates, what would the difference be?

Adrenalin Edition v19.6.1 Released

Support For

• Microsoft® Xbox Game Pass for PC
Fixed Issues
  • AMD Link virtual or external game controllers may not function on some installs of Radeon Software.
Known Issues
  • Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook™ is currently unavailable.
  • ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 may experience discrete GPU connection issues with devices disappearing from device manager when the system is idle.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
  • ACER Swift 3 with AMD Ryzen Processor may experience system instability when upgrading to Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.1 using the Custom Clean Installation option.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

I've lost count of the amount of tickets I've put in for being unable to record RAGE 2 gameplay with Radeon Relive & I still can't record it.

Can some of you guys with the game check if it records fine for you please. It records okay on the 19.4.3 driver but since they actually added support for the game it crashes if I try to record it & on the older driver it doesn't run well (there's lots of stutter), It'd be good to know if others are having the same problem, especially anyone running 3440x1440, It's driving me nuts, I pre-ordered the bloomin game so that I could play it & upload some footage & a month later I still can't.

Radeon VII here too.

Last edited:
I've lost count of the amount of tickets I've put in for being unable to record RAGE 2 gameplay with Radeon Relive & I still can't record it.

Can some of you guys with the game check if it records fine for you please. It records okay on the 19.4.3 driver but since they actually added support for the game it crashes if I try to record it & on the older driver it doesn't run well (there's lots of stutter), It'd be good to know if others are having the same problem, especially anyone running 3440x1440, It's driving me nuts, I pre-ordered the bloomin game so that I could play it & upload some footage & a month later I still can't.

Radeon VII here too.

I generally have problems using ReLive as it locks up my entire system, Crashes and then recovers, R7 here too.

I generally have problems using ReLive as it locks up my entire system, Crashes and then recovers, R7 here too.

It's strange, RAGE 2 is the only game I'm having issues with, I haven't tried recording a lot of different games but Strange Brigade, State of Decay, Division 2, STALKER, Dirt Rally & Dirt Rally 2.0 all record okay.

Just use OBS, I gave up with Relive a while back.

I forget what OBS is?

@LtMatt I have the following peculiar behaviours with 19.5.2 and 19.6.1 and the Vega 64.

With 19.6.1 game textures are fuzzy/blurry shaking on all 3 games tested today. ESO, WOT and EU4. Cannot see the crystal clear textures had up to now.

19.5.2 even within the Freesync range, the image motion is like Freesync is OFF in Elder Scrolls Online. The motion is not fluid feeling I put the GTX1080 and 1080Ti back in the system with their fast powepoint presentation effect due to lack of adaptive sync.

Rolling back 19.5.1 no issues. FYI I have even used DDU to wipe drivers just in case when tried 19.5.2 and 19.6.1.

Back
Top Bottom