What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Good Omens - just finished this and enjoyed it. The only thing that got me with it and a few others recently is how twee Britain is portrayed.

I know in this case it was part of the style but still set in modern times and the dad drive a Morris Minor, smoked a pipe and had a moustache!

Soldato
Stranger things of course, excellent. and I finally got around to watching Friday night dinner, I tried once before and thought it was awful but I actuqlly really enjoyed it this time round.

Soldato
Just seen that Endgame has been added to Amazon Prime Video, I really recommend it. Canadian series starring Shawn Doyle as a famous Russian chess player who ends up suffering post-traumatic agoraphobia after his wife is killed, and ends up living in a hotel. It's got a hints of Elementary, The Mentalist, Perception etc about it but being Canadian it has a different feel to it and the characters are great. It only got one season so inevitably there are things that go unanswered but it's still well worth the time.

Yeah, those 4 seasons were excellent, shame we never got a 5th season ;)

Haha, I kind of know what you mean, rewatching it all from start to finish has made me realise that season 5 just wasn't very good, especially when they've left quite a few things from previous seasons unaddressed.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Never finished Fringe, it went downhill seriously after S2, utter guff after that. :p
yeah but Evil Olivia........

been enjoying the rookie...its pretty light then can go dark in a second! episode I just watched was a real big statement for a show in its first season

and nathan Fillion continuing to get people out of Firefly into his shows as guests

Soldato
Just started watching Knightfall. The Templars to me are just awesome and although no doubt created atrocities and murdered thousands, it must have been one hell of a time to be one.

To die for a cause that you 100% believe in in battle using skills you have prepared for all your life. There must be no grander death in my eyes.

The most likely death would be disease or infection from a wound bur hey, I like to think along the grander lines.

Soldato
Reached the halfway point of The Expanse S3. A definite improvement over previous series, the major plot arcs are better established and flow well.

Still wish they'd kill off Holden and Nagata, they are just cringe inducingly bad actors, it's like watching Dawson's Creek when they're on screen....all moody pouting and telegraphed lines...eugh. Fortunately they aren't center stage this series so far.

Soldato
Reached the halfway point of The Expanse S3. A definite improvement over previous series, the major plot arcs are better established and flow well.

Still wish they'd kill off Holden and Nagata, they are just cringe inducingly bad actors, it's like watching Dawson's Creek when they're on screen....all moody pouting and telegraphed lines...eugh. Fortunately they aren't center stage this series so far.

The actor who plays Holden always makes me think of a bargain bin Josh Hartnett.

Back
Top Bottom