1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV shows are you currently watching

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Kaiju, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Illuminist

Mobster

Met Thomas Jane at the hotel I worked at, amazing guy, it must have been just after filming because he looked just like miller same clothes and hair, but I hadnt even heard of the expanse until he told me about it. Would of praised him heavily otherwise ...

The Expanse is sooooo good that after the tv show i read all books 1-8 one after the other, I haven't read a book in 15+ years, THATS how good the Expanse is

2. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Same here, just couldn't wait for the TV show to see what happens next. Well, I haven't read Tiamats Wrath yet but that's because I only buy paperback :)

3. Vern1961

Mobster

Yes I'm planning on buying and reading the books too.

Just got to S2 Ep5 where Miller
    manages to divert Eros and crash into Venus.
    Must admit there were a couple of tears in my eye at that moment.

4. ivrytwr3

Mobster

Just finished S4 of Parks and Rec, 3 more seasons to go!

20mins per episode, perfect just to throw on and chill for a few episodes.

4 episodes of S10 Archer are also out - 2/4 were good, but definitely a step up to the last terrible season.

5. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Already posted twice about Haunting of Hill House in this thread and feel the need to post again after episode 6. It's essentially a series of long shot with little cuts, the entire 51 minutes comprises of just 5 scenes. I've not felt tension like that over such a long period in any horror of recent memory.

The actual horror elements are so excellently crafted again, as mentioned before, without the use of cheap jump scares.

6. krooton

Capodecina

I've had a thing for long shots since Goodfellas, so really noticed and appreciated them in this :D

7. Marvt74

Capodecina

Started watching "The Red Line" last night. It's about a cop shooting an unarmed black doctor and then the aftermath around it afterwards.

Only on episode 3 but seems pretty good so far.

8. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Finished Westworld S1. It was alright. Saw a lot of boobs, wasn't especially intrigued by the mystery, but quite enjoyed the ride.

Started Happy S2. Right in my slot, this one. Probably not for everyone, but I love it. Can't remember much of the specifics of S1, though, so feeling slightly lost wrt characters. might read a S1 synopsis to catch back up.

9. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Up to season 4 of Suits, kind of always the same formula episode after episode but it's got a great cast of very charismatic people and it's a nice bit of escapism.

Donna is very easy on the eyes as well.

10. RobDogDog

Wise Guy

I like Suits. As you say, it's fomulaic, but it's easy to watch and entertaining. Once Netflix took over, the language gets a bit more fruity as well.

The Mrs and I have been watching New Amsterdam. Kind of like a less intense ER. Ryan Eggold is great in it.

I've just started watching Agents of Shield Season 6. They seem to have upped the budget (I think this season is shorter). Still great!

Going to pick up Black Sails again (season 2), Vikings (Season 5B) and there may be room for another.

11. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

When did Netflix take it over? I did notice a "dick head" in a recent episode, for some reason it buckles me when americans say it, it feels like such a wholeheartedly british swear word.

12. molinari

Soldato

Watched it last night, very good and quite intense. I could not even consider getting locked in their habitat for 28 days, let alone going 100m down.

13. RobDogDog

Wise Guy

I think it was about Season 7. Whenever they start dropping the F bomb was when it went over I believe.

14. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Is it not a little jarring after years of it being a bit more family friendly language wise?

15. RobDogDog

Wise Guy

It does end up feeling somewhat like a child with a new toy for a few episodes - because we can now swear properly, let's do it each episode kind-of vibe.

On another note, have you got any other shows for me? We seem to always end up in the same threads haha!

16. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

I had noticed that too.

Right now i'm only really watching Suits and Haunting of Hill House, the latter is better than almost any horror i've ever watched and I do watch a fair bit.

I just finished Billions but i'd assume if you're into Suits, you'd have already watched that, while not as light hearted or accessible, there are some strong parallels.

17. Bickaxe

Sgarrista

Frontier (Netflix)
    Just started season 3. Jason Momoa, fur trade 1800s (I think), a fair bit of violence. Alun Armstrong makes a good villain.

The Rookie (some Sky channel but watching it via NowTV)
    Nathan Fillion, new cop show, quite entertaining and light hearted.

18. RobDogDog

Wise Guy

Actually not watched Billions! Might have to give that a shot.

19. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Is it...

Theo and Shirley in the car?

I'm pretty numb to horror but my ass pretty much just fell out at that part.

20. krooton

Capodecina

Haha, yep