Steam Sale started today

Soldato
I gotta say this has been the worst "event" type thing to accompany the sale.
The first day seemed to have just been exploit city and obviously they had to close up the loop holes but after that its been watered down to stupidity.
kinda wish i just abused it to oblivion. I earned a ton of points legit by logging into games i have with loads of achievements, i didnt even understand why i was getting a lot of points but then... well its been boring to say the least.

bought some triad open world game for 3 euros, its vanished into the list of games ill never play :p
i bought Citys skylines and have lost a few days to that now. Its like simcity4 but no BS. (less bs)

I don't think you could exploit it, unless I missed somthing. The reason the corgi was ahead all the time is because Reddit got behind the corgi, which meant the other normie users didn't stand a chance. Plus you could pick any team you want, so everyone will have just picked the corgi as it was in the lead all the time. It kinda makes any team event they try to do pointless as Reddit will always win. Steam should just auto assign accounts to teams.

The reward was pointless anyway as the chances of winning a game are so slim.

I fell short of the 15k and ended up with 10k points, so just used them to level my badge. Probably should have saved them for the next event though as they added what you had left from the last event, so might do the same again.

Caporegime
Playing solo or with friends? I tried playing it solo but just couldn't get into it. I think my anxiety doesn't help as i struggle with voice comms, so encounters tend to just end in a firefight as I can't talk my way out of it.

I play duo with a mate whenever he's online, but have solo'd it for a good amount of time too. Almost all of my encounters end in firefights, but I like to put on a silly voice whenever I come across someone so that probably doesn't help. :o

Soldato
Bought Rise of the Tomb Kings, Norsca and King and the Warlord DLC for Warhammer 2.

Also picked up Planet Coaster and refunded it less than an hour later. Just felt like a roller coaster design tool to me; take that aspect of RCT, make it more powerful (but also more fiddly) and pretty much ditch the rest of the game. Parkitect looks more up my street, but at £19 I'm not sure.

Not sure what to buy instead?... Possibly just more Warhammer DLC.

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
I literally didn't buy anything didn't see anything even on sale was all at the prices of previous discounts that happen throughout the year

Permabanned
Well Tomb Raider was £5.99 with all the DLC, Snake pass was like another fiver and then Vanquish was £3.49. Thats all i spent £15 ish there is no point looking any further forward than 2017 as some still need to have the game + all content GOTY launched, And the rest are too hard to max out at 4k.

Soldato
Ended up getting Nioh with my £5 discount, and also grabbed Darkest Dungeon before the sale ended. DD is great so far (in a brutal and unforgiving way), but haven't installed Nioh yet.

There were a few other things I was tempted by, but my backlog is ridiculous.

In fact, adding together my backlog of games, books, TV series, films... I could do with not only no more sales for a while, but also everyone just stopping making new stuff for a few years so I can catch up!

Associate
According to Steam I purchased Wreckfest back in 2014, I tried a few races online and as with these things, forgot and moved onto another game.

I installed and have to say, really impressed. Wreckfest has come on in leaps and bounds! Playing with a Xbox One Controller, against AI, turned off all aids and manual gearbox. Its got decent physics for a casual sim, in fact the cars work really well with a pad. The cars slide, feel right, without feeling overly twitchy or too easy. A nice mix.

I have not tried career mode, just messing about with the tracks, working my way by picking up upgrades and new cars. You can have some decent races without crashing into other cars, or full on contact mode - the choice is yours.

You can race in teams so not every racer is out to destroy you. I like the AI who will do mad things but I like unpredictability! It's good when navigating through pile ups or nudging an opponent forcing them to spin out.

The races, especially the ones which take place on mud and tarmac remind me of Rally Cross (there are shortcuts on some tracks). There are some things which realistic racing sim games could take from Wreckfest, the damage model is awesome, also tyre walls get destroyed etc. It really does add to the atmosphere.

Criticism's - when racing a US Muscle car I feel they are a tad light, would prefer a bit more weight and momentum (but then this is based on comparing to racing GT Legends etc) and this is not really a sim.

The first car (a sixties Mustang) has the growl of the Bullitt car (just needs beefing up!)

It sits nicely in casual driving sims such as the Euro/American Truck Sim or Spintyres. Fire up for a few mins or invest some time.

I am really pleased and its definitely a game I will spend some time with.

Yes, it took a while to get out of early access so was forgotten by some I think... It is a lot of fun, whether single player or multi player online.

Soldato
Over the Steam sale I bought...

Atom RPG
Dawn of Man
Firewatch
The Last Express, Gold Edition
Mist Survival
Raft
Rising World
Savage Lands
Simple Planes
Simple Rockets 2
Syberia 1 and 2 bundle

I must have bought that much that I got the chance to redeem so many points for a £5 credit :)

All the above games seem to blend so nicely with the stack of other yet to be played games in my library, no change for me...!

V F

V F

Soldato
Well Tomb Raider was £5.99 with all the DLC, Snake pass was like another fiver and then Vanquish was £3.49. Thats all i spent £15 ish there is no point looking any further forward than 2017 as some still need to have the game + all content GOTY launched, And the rest are too hard to max out at 4k.

Vanquish is hella fun. Cannot remember what past Steam sale I got it on.

I settled on:

Far Cry, to replay so I don't need to dig out an optical drive.
PUBG
Return to Castle Wolfenstein, same thing about the optical drive.
Wolfenstein The Two Pack: The Old Blood and The New Order
Wolfenstein II: The New Collosus
Max Payne Complete: 1, 2, 3
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition
Far Cry 3 Deluxe

Soldato
Most ive spent on a sale in years but thats mainly down to arrival of my Rift S, from memory maybe some missed;

• Arizona Sunshine - fun game
  • Gorn - Punched a wall playing this but its so funny
  • Onward - Not played yet need to get abit more comfortable in VR first
  • Subnautica - Not tried yet
  • Star Trek bridge crew - fun with friends
  • project cars 2 - best set up VR driving game ive played so far
  • Superhot VR - not played yet

Got a few other games as well outside sale/steam
  • Robo Recall
  • Starwars Vadar Immortal
  • Hotdogs Horseshoes and hand grenades
  • The usual free stuff - Lab, war thunder google earth etc.
But I need to set up my HOTAS and play Elite Dangerous, I haven't played that in years after being an alpha backer way back.

Associate
I haven't bought some games in a long time, so these were my sale purchases;

Transport Fever
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Normality
Outlaws
Full Throttle Remastered
Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition

Permabanned
Vanquish is hella fun. Cannot remember what past Steam sale I got it on.

I settled on:

Far Cry, to replay so I don't need to dig out an optical drive.
PUBG
Return to Castle Wolfenstein, same thing about the optical drive.
Wolfenstein The Two Pack: The Old Blood and The New Order
Wolfenstein II: The New Collosus
Max Payne Complete: 1, 2, 3
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition
Far Cry 3 Deluxe

Almost the same as me i cant max any of these or even like wolf disable lots and still keep my fps. I will play all those wolfensteins and farcrys on 2080 super launch week hopefully. I am not going back to Farcry though 3 maybe 2 was meant to be a bit meh with all the respawns

V F

V F

Soldato
Almost the same as me i cant max any of these or even like wolf disable lots and still keep my fps. I will play all those wolfensteins and farcrys on 2080 super launch week hopefully. I am not going back to Farcry though 3 maybe 2 was meant to be a bit meh with all the respawns

The original Far Cry is quite cheesy. The AI see you when you hide in cabins etc... Even when you peek through the dense foliage the snipers in the towers ready their guns while always looking right at you via binoculars or through the scope. It's a tad creepy.

Permabanned
The original Far Cry is quite cheesy. The AI see you when you hide in cabins etc... Even when you peek through the dense foliage the snipers in the towers ready their guns while always looking right at you via binoculars or through the scope. It's a tad creepy.

Yea a miss for sure, I maybe should have got pubg though i want to wait on the kd25f first as i only think i could get into it seriously with one of them. I guess you have both now eh? That should be nice.

V F

V F

Soldato
PUBG should be really good on the KD25F since the pace of the game is so slow. If it's anything to go by testing CS:GO, the crosshair is so clear even without the aim stabilizer. As I haven't played PUBG at all.

Back
Top Bottom