• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 3000/Zen 2 review thread

Soldato
I think with the consoles using zen 2 and devs starting optimizing for Zen 2 more, AMD are going to rule the gaming scene for a long time to come. Check the patch that came out for strange brigade, the 3900X went from getting smashed by the 9900k to being on par.

Soldato
I think with the consoles using zen 2 and devs starting optimizing for Zen 2 more, AMD are going to rule the gaming scene for a long time to come. Check the patch that came out for strange brigade, the 3900X went from getting smashed by the 9900k to being on par.
This was an amazing improvement in performance for Ryzen, it went from being one of the worst performing games to one of the better ones. I am very optimistic about future performance, particularly with Ryzen being so popular and it being in the next gen consoles.

TrM

TrM

Associate
they have a good cpu line once all the issues are out the way. just want em to hurry up so i can decide to get a 3700x or 3900x

dg i have a idea for you Its alittle out there though:) i say go for 3900x and this disable 4 cores and then renable them getting the 3900x will give you the best of bolth worlds a 8 core cpu and a 12 core which ever you fancy:)

TrM

TrM

Associate
it would already be brought if it wasnt for those stupid fans on x570 boards :(

on my msi meg ace one the fan was on when first installed everything and being a frozen board i tweeked in the bios to come on at 65 degress i have seen it come on since:)

Soldato
There is a ice cream guy who said he keeps been flooded with requests from influencers to use his product free, so he announced the price for influencers is double the normal cost of the ice cream, brilliant. I so despise the current free products to reviewers/influencers, finally glad a business owner took this stance.

His ice cream is just $4 if I remember right (now $8 for them) and they still wont pay for it, thinking they above paying for stuff.

Associate
There is a ice cream guy who said he keeps been flooded with requests from influencers to use his product free, so he announced the price for influencers is double the normal cost of the ice cream, brilliant. I so despise the current free products to reviewers/influencers, finally glad a business owner took this stance.

His ice cream is just $4 if I remember right (now $8 for them) and they still wont pay for it, thinking they above paying for stuff.

Too right. Free also makes their reviews suspect, as they will want to keep getting free stuff. This is a huge problem with video games journalism.

Soldato
Cheers Ctf, my 3900X is in the post so I'll be able to see exactly how fast it is for my exact workflow. ;) Though these results are both for mass exports of multiple photos at the same time which will generally favour multi core CPU's. I rarely if ever do anything like that so I can not extrapolate those benchmarks to my usage.

Last edited:
Soldato
dont matter now max boards are due within a 1 or two. so that should solve the fan issue. :cool:

You actually have no clue what you are talking about do you, it's just text drivel.

Tell us oh all knowing one, what effect does a few B450 boards coming with a 256Mbit SPI flash have anything to do with fan speeds on an X570 board?

Back
Top Bottom