• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 3000/Zen 2 review thread

Soldato
lack of 3800x's reviews as the lapdogs (sorry umm influencers, sorry umm reviewers) were not given free samples and they wont buy it themselves.

Kind of ironic really though, given that people expect to see reviews for free, no? I do see your point, but even back in the magazine buying days with all the reviews in there, they didn't buy the gear it was loaned or given to them.

Associate
Kind of ironic really though, given that people expect to see reviews for free, no? I do see your point, but even back in the magazine buying days with all the reviews in there, they didn't buy the gear it was loaned or given to them.

Most reviewers get revenue from advertising, so they don't really need freebies.

Soldato
Most reviewers get revenue from advertising, so they don't really need freebies.

Magazines got shed loads of money from advertising, and then you had to spend £2-5 buying it, so the point is why do people expect something for free now, regardless of how many pennies the people looking at the products make in a video or article online?

Caporegime
Magazines got shed loads of money from advertising, and then you had to spend £2-5 buying it, so the point is why do people expect something for free now, regardless of how many pennies the people looking at the products make in a video or article online?

It’s called the internet..

The cost of free

We surf, our usage data gets sold...we get stuff for free in return...

Associate
What's your all core speeds on average?
Hard to tell honestly, I been playing with clocks and voltages these past few days and have not spend much time enjoying the CPU. I decided to leave everything Auto until things mature a bit more. Used it for a while today and they seem to be 4.3-4.4Ghz most of the time, even while gaming.

Associate

Yes, and look where most magazines are these days, either online or out of business!

Soldato
I'm really tempted to do the upgrade (3800x). However I feel like the £380 out lay for the CPU... I have a feeling Intel are gonna hit back hard. Sure it means a new mobo but one of those would probably only equal another £150 ish...

I know Intel are stuck on a bigger process etc... but it's something to bear in mind. Every one seems to be Ryzen crazy at the moment as if Intel no longer exists as a CPU manufacturer.

Soldato
I'm really tempted to do the upgrade (3800x). However I feel like the £380 out lay for the CPU... I have a feeling Intel are gonna hit back hard. Sure it means a new mobo but one of those would probably only equal another £150 ish...

I know Intel are stuck on a bigger process etc... but it's something to bear in mind. Every one seems to be Ryzen crazy at the moment as if Intel no longer exists as a CPU manufacturer.

If you have concerns about losing money then forget it.

With the amount of progress AMD is making with their improved cpu designs every year you're going to lose value no matter what.

Associate
Well nearly 2.5 years ago the 1080ti was released today we have a 2080 and a 5700xt that are the same speed give or take...:p

I suppose a plateau is inevitable, companies are getting reluctant to keep pushing the envelope, as this costs a lot of money. They would much rather sell refresh after refresh, with minimal R&D outlay!

Back
Top Bottom