Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Associate
If you remember the old username they might be able to find it, and grant you free shipping. I think it has been done in the past.

Already achieved free shipping with current account, so not fussed really, but cool to know, Thanks :) (although I really don't remember my old forum nick now anyway :(). It's the Members Market that's going to be a little while longer for me, although I typically only purchase new (for the warranty), so if I was after anything, it would be Free Shipping so I can make the most of purchases from OCUK store :). Although it'll be cool to offload stuff that I don't use anymore in a safe fashion via MM. The bay is simply not a friendly place to sell stuff anymore.

Caporegime
Already achieved free shipping with current account, so not fussed really, but cool to know, Thanks :) (although I really don't remember my old forum nick now anyway :(). It's the Members Market that's going to be a little while longer for me, although I typically only purchase new (for the warranty), so if I was after anything, it would be Free Shipping so I can make the most of purchases from OCUK store :). Although it'll be cool to offload stuff that I don't use anymore in a safe fashion via MM. The bay is simply not a friendly place to sell stuff anymore.

If it makes you feel better I got banned permanently from the MM a good few years ago, and I haven't been able to persuade any admins to let me back in as of yet. :(

@Maccy pretty pleeeeeeease, I'll be good. And I love you. <3 :p

Caporegime
Did you sell a dodgy Volvo or something? :p

This was something like 5 or 6 years ago...

I made a stupid post on Facebook when I was at college and low on funds saying that I can build computers for people using second hand parts from a forum or something, a year or so later I bought parts for a couple of PC's for friends (not for profit) - and then someone on here found the old post on Facebook.

The irony was that nothing actually became of that post and I had completely forgotten about it.

"Trading" being against the MM rules of course!

As of yet I have been unable to successfully protest my innocence. Despite offering to prove what I paid for parts and what I sold the subsequent PC's to my pals for (cost, no profit... was just helping them out) - And pointing out that I have a job now so have no interest in trying to profiteer. :p

It would be nice to have access back as I have stuff I want to sell, and theres stuff I'd like to buy for my PC etc, but hey ho... :(

I have good trust reputation too!

Associate
Has the free shipping been downgraded to RM 2nd Class? I used to get DPD Next Day for free (this was like 2 years ago though) but seems like only RM 2nd Class showing as £0.00.

EDIT: Sorry I can't read properly. Just read first post properly. Also updating basket quantity to 2 made it DPD Next Day so obviously there's a price cut off which is fair enough.

Have I just lost out on free next day, All I got was free Royal Mail 2 class on a wifi card.

Associate
Cheers makes sense, not that worried that it's coming 2nd class but prefer it to come as quickly as possible. I have to wait 3-5 days before I get good wifi speeds lol

Man of Honour
I thought it was done on size? I thought all small items came 2nd class if sent with free postage, and larger items with DPD?
I'll have to double check with the shop but I've always noticed that the DPD option appears when my order his a certain price point, whether it's multiple items or just one, even if a small item?

I'll check on Monday and report back :)

Soldato
It's working as normal.

Bought £30 worth of cooler an paste and got next day.

Bought slim fan for under £7 because the regular one is too fat for itx shenanigans and it was sent 2nd class, arrived in 2 days.

The IMPORTANT THING is that there was haribo in the next day AND the 2nd class packet.

I suppose the postage being free is nice also.

Soldato
Has the free delivery been removed from Amazon pay now too?
Before I couldn't get the free shipping for forum members due to living in Aberdeen so I used to use Amazon pay which was free if I spent over £350. Now its wanting to charge me extra for shipping too.
Even with the discounts for the parts Gibbo just announced, It works out the dearest of all retailers because of the shipping charges and they are charging full price for the items.

Edit: If I add my girlfriends address I now qualify for free next day shipping. If I use my address, I get charged £10 for two day shipping. It takes around 15 mins to drive between our houses. Good old DPD!!!

Last edited:
Associate
But since being away again for such a long time, I'd like to just check and see what the deal is with the for sale section :)

I 'think' I remember something about having to make so many posts a month/year (maybe that was for free postage when your ordered from OCUK? - I honestly can't remember....) but I'd like to just ask the question so I can work on that :) I've a few things to sort out so I'd like to do it the proper way :)

Many thanks in advance for the heads up and advice :)

EDIT - Is there a post requirement for access to the for sale section/marketplace here at OCUK? Sorry I don't think I was so clear in my question :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom