• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

WHICH RTX SUPER CARD? GIBBO RECOMMENDS ASUS EVO OC CARDS!!!

Associate
Hell of a good excuse to pick up a 4080 Ti / RX 7900 XT when the time comes I suppose xD
exactly haha, i was a bit sceptical myself, never heard of KFA2, believe they are known as Galax in other parts of the world but all the youtube videos i watched recommended them so took a punt when it was on at £475 the other week. I was waiting for the 5700XT AIB's but glad I took that plunge now with the prices they're coming in at.

Associate
exactly haha, i was a bit sceptical myself, never heard of KFA2, believe they are known as Galax in other parts of the world but all the youtube videos i watched recommended them so took a punt when it was on at £475 the other week. I was waiting for the 5700XT AIB's but glad I took that plunge now with the prices they're coming in at.

Well this is exactly why I was happy to hold out for the 2070S @ £475.
We're in that weird position where it's not completely worth paying the inflated price for the 2070S (£500+), but it offers enough of a performance bump at MSRP that it's also more attractive than the AIB 5700XT....
I also came |--| this close to buying a used 1080 Ti off Facebook Marketplace for £375, but by the time I thought about it and messaged them, it had gone (hardly surprised at that price!)

Associate
I'm finally first in the queue, at this point it's not worth jumping ship and switching to a different card.

I'm hoping that the next generation offers the price/performance we really wanted to see and that the flagship is a little more accessible than this time around.

If AMD brings something nice to the table I'd look at selling the GSync UW and switching to a nice freesync (would love to see a freesync version of the 38" UW thats due out from LG in the not to distant future)

Associate
Well this is exactly why I was happy to hold out for the 2070S @ £475.
We're in that weird position where it's not completely worth paying the inflated price for the 2070S (£500+), but it offers enough of a performance bump at MSRP that it's also more attractive than the AIB 5700XT....
I also came |--| this close to buying a used 1080 Ti off Facebook Marketplace for £375, but by the time I thought about it and messaged them, it had gone (hardly surprised at that price!)
yea I agree. hold out for the offers or if you already have the asus pre-ordered at £475, i'd hold out and wait for shipment. Shame about that 1080ti! that would have been a steal!!

bru

bru

Soldato
Ok what to do, jump ship and go for the Zotac for an extra £44, or wait it out and see what the end of this month bring and maybe next month.
Is the extra £44 worth it for the extra warranty?

Decisions decisions.

bru

bru

Soldato
Well that's it, I've sent the web note to cancel.
I've opted to wait for the next generation, to see where ray tracing heads.
The 970 will stand me in good sted for s while yet.

Caporegime
I can't see the problem with the RT, if a games got it, and you turn it on, if it runs poor, just turn the bugger back off :p

I didn't get my card for it, i got it as an upgrade over my 64, and thats what it is, even without using the RT and DLSS, it bloody smashes my old 64.

Associate
I can't see the problem with the RT, if a games got it, and you turn it on, if it runs poor, just turn the bugger back off :p

It's just a shame there's silicon dedicated to a feature that's not going to be used in a lot of cases. Additional cores for rasterisation would have been so nice....

But I can't complain really, it maybe this move from Nvidia that kick-starts the move to a glorious ray-traced future for us all - even if that's another 5 years away it's got to start somewhere.

Permabanned

I didn't get my card for it, i got it as an upgrade over my 64, and thats what it is, even without using the RT and DLSS, it bloody smashes my old 64.

Wait till you have to pay for the RT cores at £200 markup. Because that is basically what it seems they added on for RT. When the times comes for you to pay the inflated RT prices you will cry a river. Do you think AMD will be doing it for free?

They will be matching Nvidia RT pricing minus £50.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Wait till you have to pay for the RT cores at £200 markup. Because that is basically what it seems they added on for RT. When the times comes for you to pay the inflated RT prices you will cry a river. Do you think AMD will be doing it for free?

They will be matching Nvidia RT pricing minus £50.
Everyone else is happy to pay, so he said he does not mind :p

Permabanned
Everyone else is happy to pay, so he said he does not mind :p

Well yea he paid for the 2070 super i think he got off light there when you need a 2080ti or the 2080 Super then you feel the burn. Speaking of that i almost lost my tea looking at the ocuk page the strix 2080 super is £899 and you can get a 2080ti for £998 lol.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well yea he paid for the 2070 super i think he got off light there when you need a 2080ti or the 2080 Super then you feel the burn. Speaking of that i almost lost my tea looking at the ocuk page the strix 2080 super is £899 and you can get a 2080ti for £998 lol.
Madness these prices. I ain’t touching the 2000 series personally. Looking forward to see the price and performance of the 3000 series.

Permabanned
Yes bit comparing like for like a £998 isn't going to be a strix quality card.

Why would you buy a higher quality but slower card though? The 2080ti is faster with more ram for not quite £100 extra. And it is not even a blower version this is two fan version under 1k.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Cancelled mine and spent some footy bet winnings to get the EVGA Ultra XC version elsewhere, it has horrendous coil whine :o. Here's hoping I can return it whilst I decide what to do.

Good luck to those who are waiting.

Back
Top Bottom