Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 21st August 2019]

Permabanned
I didn't think that was a terrible performance, there are certainly some signs of improvement from United. Wan-Bi and Maguire are huge upgrades in their positions. Having said that, our midfield is clearly our weakness and games like today make that painfully obvious. How we didn't sign a CM is still a mystery.

Because Alexis has us skint we only paid £48m frok the £550m debt and we have large outgoing payments on that in interest which in 2019 stood at $750m. Why else did we haggle and wait with Maguire or try to sell first? Because United are secretly skint!

Alexis is holding up 500k a week in wages, They needed Lukaku and him gone early in the window to spend the money but the window shut so it screwed us we will be really lucky if we get 4th spot. As i predicted Arsenal did better than us this window why if it were not for Chelsea being so poor i would say forget about 4th.

Caporegime
Because Alexis has us skint we only paid £48m frok the £550m debt and we have large outgoing payments on that in interest which in 2019 stood at $750m. Why else did we haggle and wait with Maguire or try to sell first? Because United are secretly skint!

Alexis is holding up 500k a week in wages, They needed Lukaku and him gone early in the window to spend the money but the window shut so it screwed us we will be really lucky if we get 4th spot. As i predicted Arsenal did better than us this window why if it were not for Chelsea being so poor i would say forget about 4th.

You think a company whose finances are public are secretly skint?

Soldato
Well a point more than last year but frustrating draw. Wolves remain our bogey team and they managed to get a point without really even having a good chance. Stunning goal of course. Ole frustratingly slow at making subs really cost us.

Moss should be fired though, what a joke of a ref. Trying so hard to get Wolves to win it, that blatant foul on James for the counter at the end and he just ignored it. And gives a yellow to Wan Bissaka for the ball hitting his shoulder.

Agree, Daniel James should have walked for two blatant dives.

Last edited:
Soldato
That yellow given to Wan Bissaka for the shoulder was absolutely criminal, the cheating from the Wolves players asking for it as well.... I don't like that.

Yeah, that and the Martial offside were bad calls. I'm not sure if the Martial one was definitely on or not but feels like something which should've been allowed to play on and gone to VAR if needed.

I didn't watch the first half so can't comment on the James dive. By all accounts is was right to book him though.

Permabanned

Chelsea are not poor though, few things not clicking is all, they played some excellent football the last few matches I have seen. Certainly better football than Utd, despite the scorelines in those matches. If, a big if, they can sort a few issues they will be challenging for top 4 imo.

Don
I'm not sure you could call it a stamp but he caught the Wolves player, studs up, above the ankle. There wasn't enough force in it to be a straight red but could have easily been a 2nd yellow. It may have been the fact that it was only worthy of a yellow that saved him - VAR can't be used to issue yellow cards, so I assume that it can't be used for 2nd yellows either.

Back
Top Bottom