1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 21st August 2019]

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by Cosimo, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Rofflay

Mobster

Because Alexis has us skint we only paid £48m frok the £550m debt and we have large outgoing payments on that in interest which in 2019 stood at $750m. Why else did we haggle and wait with Maguire or try to sell first? Because United are secretly skint!

Alexis is holding up 500k a week in wages, They needed Lukaku and him gone early in the window to spend the money but the window shut so it screwed us we will be really lucky if we get 4th spot. As i predicted Arsenal did better than us this window why if it were not for Chelsea being so poor i would say forget about 4th.

2. Shamikebab

Caporegime

You think a company whose finances are public are secretly skint?

3. omnomnom

Soldato

Agree, Daniel James should have walked for two blatant dives.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  4. McBain

Capodecina

That yellow given to Wan Bissaka for the shoulder was absolutely criminal, the cheating from the Wolves players asking for it as well.... I don't like that.

5. Marvt74

Capodecina

Yeah, that and the Martial offside were bad calls. I'm not sure if the Martial one was definitely on or not but feels like something which should've been allowed to play on and gone to VAR if needed.

I didn't watch the first half so can't comment on the James dive. By all accounts is was right to book him though.

6. McBain

Capodecina

I think there was two, although I missed the first one as that's why he was getting boo'ed? I saw the second one it was a bad dive.

7. chroniclard

Capodecina

Chelsea are not poor though, few things not clicking is all, they played some excellent football the last few matches I have seen. Certainly better football than Utd, despite the scorelines in those matches. If, a big if, they can sort a few issues they will be challenging for top 4 imo.

8. Shamikebab

Caporegime

I haven't seen a replay but seen people saying there was contact for the one he got a yellow for. First one definitely looked like a foul, but the ref was crap.

9. r22snapper

Hitman

If not that then the stamp on Jota's ankle when he was already on a yellow.

10. Shamikebab

Caporegime

What stamp :confused:

Seen the replay now, there was definitely contact. Just a clash of players as Moutinho runs across his path.

11. manic111

Capodecina

Eh? He clearly went through him.

In fairness I think he slipped but I've seen players booked or even straight redded for that in the past.

12. Shamikebab

Caporegime

I can't remember this 'stamp'. Just searched and found nothing either, if you can share a clip then please do.

13. BaZ87

Don

I'm not sure you could call it a stamp but he caught the Wolves player, studs up, above the ankle. There wasn't enough force in it to be a straight red but could have easily been a 2nd yellow. It may have been the fact that it was only worthy of a yellow that saved him - VAR can't be used to issue yellow cards, so I assume that it can't be used for 2nd yellows either.