World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
The worrying thing, is that there is likely to be a 2nd wave of players sign up on Monday with new subscriptions, by which point it’ll be too late pretty much for them to release more servers prior to launch.

There will be a lot more joining Shazz (and other realms) on Tuesday to join their guilds.

It's been handled pretty terribly by Blizzard really. I think opening 5-6 PVP servers for name reservation would have been reasonable. As it stands everyone has rolled on Shazz and most of those people don't want to move (which anyone could have seen coming).

Soldato
It's catch 22 really. No point rolling on a low pop if lots of people decide it's not for them and you get stuck on a dead realm.

Think I would rather endure some early day queues and (should I stick it out) still have a population to interact with.

Soldato
It's catch 22 really. No point rolling on a low pop if lots of people decide it's not for them and you get stuck on a dead realm.

Think I would rather endure some early day queues and (should I stick it out) still have a population to interact with.

Totally agree. Bear in mind though that Blizzard have officially stated that "medium" pop in classic is far higher than the highest pop on any vanilla realm.

Again, I'm not worried about enduring early queues, I'm more worried about permanent queues throughout classics life cycle.

Gee

Gee

Soldato

Exactly. @ShortWarning stop worrying about bloody queues! :p

Even dead realms in Retail are terrible for anyone trying to do some form of competitive (Mythic) raiding. You end up having to transfer to a popular server or you wait for a realm merge.

Phase 1 is going to be the top tier for a while, I guarantee you people will quit/give up before Phase 2 is out.

Man of Honour
I'm confused..surely the world firsts all happened almost 15 years ago. It'd be like me flying across the Atlantic and saying it was a world first Atlantic crossing??

Associate
Theres too much randomness in the game for world firsts on classic stuff to be skill based.
As alliance in order to get attuned for onixia you need to clear ubrs. In order to enter ubrs you need the key.
To craft the key you need 4 items from lbrs. All 4 have a random drop chance. It entirely possible to do a run and see none, repeatedly.

Man of Honour
It's a world first in WoW Classic, obviously the bosses were killed in the original. It'll be good entertainment though and boost the game

I suppose you could say that, I dont see it as a World First in classic though, because as you point out the bosses were already killed in the original. To use my atlantic crossing analogy, it would be like saying crossing the atlantic in a British Airways plane is a world first atlantic crossing and crossing the atlantic in a Virgin Airlines plane is a world first atlantic crossing. Its all semantics of course but for me it cant be a world first if its already been done. I'd see it entirely as a server first as Moley said and not a world first at all.

Soldato
Theres too much randomness in the game for world firsts on classic stuff to be skill based.
As alliance in order to get attuned for onixia you need to clear ubrs. In order to enter ubrs you need the key.
To craft the key you need 4 items from lbrs. All 4 have a random drop chance. It entirely possible to do a run and see none, repeatedly.

I would imagine that these world first players will take that into account and pick their faction accordingly, everyone going after world first has the opportunity to do that

Man of Honour
There will be a lot more joining Shazz (and other realms) on Tuesday to join their guilds.

It's been handled pretty terribly by Blizzard really. I think opening 5-6 PVP servers for name reservation would have been reasonable. As it stands everyone has rolled on Shazz and most of those people don't want to move (which anyone could have seen coming).

6 seems like a reasonable number, I tend to agree, I think a half dozen would have made more sense. Though having said that "Look at us, we have so many people playing that we have been forced to open more servers" makes for a better PR headline than "Look at us, it seems we had enough servers and havent needed to open any additional ones"

Permabanned
Why not have three to begin with? You put the capacity up high they said they can go higher than current and when all the retail people leave you lower the capacity.

What monkey brains would open more because you surely run into the dreaded game ruining scenario of my realm is great on day 1!!! Day 60 sheesh my realm population seems like it halved. Day 120 my realm is dead and my character is trapped, I am sad.

Well goodluck to those people, Because a reroll will not be amusing. Me i plan to stick to Shazzrah and roll another opposite on maybe Golemag. No way i am going Firemaw.

Man of Honour

Its a bit bonkers that they answer some questions by saying #nochanges and then answer other questions by explaining why there is a change (like with the skeleton corpses), seems a bit contradictory. Would be more accurate for them to say #somechangesforreasons than to coo nochanges and then 5 minutes later go over a change.

Release is going to be mayhem but it will be interesting to see how much of the population is still going after the 1st month. I shall be watching with fascination.

Back
Top Bottom