Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
In the process of putting mine together. Mainly KEF Reference and Meridian kit. Some cable management needs to be done and a new "U" shaped sofa hopefully arriving this week. Motorised blinds to follow:

BeQjoCu.jpg

75 inch Sony 4k TV
Meridian 596 transport
Meridian 562v Multimedia controller
Meridian 565 DSP
Meridian 505 monobloc amp - Centre
Meridian 556 amp - Surrounds
Meridian 557 amp - Mains
Kef Reference 3's
Kef 200c Centre
Kef Ci200RR THX In Ceiling Speakers
BK XXLS400 Sub

Last edited:
Soldato
In the process of putting mine together. Mainly KEF Reference and Meridian kit. Some cable management needs to be done and a new "U" shaped sofa hopefully arriving this week. Motorised blinds to follow:
BeQjoCu.jpg
75 inch Sony 4k TV
Meridian 596 transport
Meridian 565 DSP
Meridian 557 amp - Mains
Kef Reference 3's
Kef 200c Centre
BK XXLS400 Sub

That is a dream set-up. Very nice.:cool:

Associate
Thanks. It’s certainly standing the test of time - my wife convinced me to invest in what I really wanted at the time rather than go through a continual upgrade cycle - turned out to be excellent advice!

Where can I get one of those wifies? :p

Mrs Shawrey hates all of my tech and would never allow such things let alone advise you to spend and go get it! :D

Shawrey

Soldato
My setup is not as impressive as most of these but it does us fine for the limited space we have.
Projector Xiaomi Mi Laser projector
100" fixed projection screen
Sony 7.1 Amp
Mission floor standing speakers,Mission centre and surround speakers.
Has my main PC connected, Along with a v6 Tivo and spare for Shield and PS4

IMG-20190615-165633.jpg

Caporegime
@Phate - Awesome looking setup. Quick question about the Alteco c-1 do u have the switch set to Up like the manual states in this location or Down ? I have a similar setup and was curios ! Many thanks.
@mcalladine Sorry again for the delay. So I finally remembered to check this. I took a look, the they were configured to be set as just 2 x Dolby Surround (down) which I found odd and height speakers were set to none. Even weirder!

Assign mode was also set to 9.1 which is strange as I am running 5.2.2 - or the closest is 7.1 - So now I have this configured to 5 channel + 2 Front Height :)

Will let you know if I notice a difference

Last edited:
Soldato

BeQjoCu.jpg

75 inch Sony 4k TV
Meridian 596 transport
Meridian 565 DSP
Meridian 557 amp - Mains
Kef Reference 3's
Kef 200c Centre
BK XXLS400 Sub

Lovely. I have Ref3.2s as my main speakers too, also powered by a 557! Currently boxed up however, whilst I build the home cinema in my new house.

Have you compared the 200C centre with any of Kef's other offerings, out of interest? I currently use an R200C and whilst it's a great match, I can't help but wonder if something from the same generation as the 3.2s would integrate better. But then of course, the older one may well sound inferior...

Associate
Lovely. I have Ref3.2s as my main speakers too, also powered by a 557! Currently boxed up however, whilst I build the home cinema in my new house.

Have you compared the 200C centre with any of Kef's other offerings, out of interest? I currently use an R200C and whilst it's a great match, I can't help but wonder if something from the same generation as the 3.2s would integrate better. But then of course, the older one may well sound inferior...

Thanks, still happy with it after all these years! I have not (and dare not) compare much of my system to anything newer right now :) Too many other things to look at for the house atm.

^^^ some very solid M kit..... 557 legend!!!

DSPs are killing the KEFs though but this is still a very solid set up....

Yes, if there's one thing which may need looking at it's the DSP. Thanks btw :)

Soldato
So many nice ideas in this thread I want to steal use. Want to still add to mine, but moving soon to bigger place anyways so will revise then, but happy mostly as it is though speakers need more room which they will get.

Samsung 65" Q9FN
Sony STR-DN1080
Tannoy XTF8
Tannoy XTC
Tannoy XT Mini (rear speakers)
Xbox 1x
Shift X mainly use for gaming (8700k / 1080Ti under custom loop)

zq0J3Au.jpg

obligatory shot with ambient light
qGAeK33.jpg

ZGDFRkp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom