Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
my modest setup. I plan on picking up a decent soundbar in the January sales as nothing out there ticks all the boxes yet even the flagship soundbars are lacking. Apologies I'm no photographer.

LG65C8, Panasonic DP-UB820EBK and a PS4 Pro.

LmK6ixP.jpg

JysHHKI.jpg

Man of Honour
Wouldn't you be better with a wider separation of the left and right speakers and angling them toward the listening position? That's how I have mine set up after reading about it on AV Forums. Although I must admit my setup would look nicer if I were to put them like yours are.

Associate
What’s the plan in terms of decoration? Blended in to wall colour? Grill colour? Printed art?

Bold slabs of colour in keeping with the decor! I just received the order yesterday for the acoustic material:

InfrisU.png

There's also a mid gray in there.

From the swatch (Depok and Tenom - picture isn't great as the colours are more vibrant in real life):

UdhJyFV.png

Have made some before (there's probably a post in this thread somewhere ...)

9GaSGwO.jpg

Wouldn't you be better with a wider separation of the left and right speakers and angling them toward the listening position? That's how I have mine set up after reading about it on AV Forums. Although I must admit my setup would look nicer if I were to put them like yours are.

Maybe but the speakers are already 2.8m apart and I need to make sure I have decent access to the side cabinet. I've found that the KEFs only like a small amount of toe-in with the speaker configuration I have - you can see this from the original picture if you look carefully :)

Man of Honour
I've got Monitor Audio Golds and I've never been 100% happy with the sound, perhaps it's my amp but I may try less toe and see if it helps.

Associate
Are they to reduce the bass from the floorstanders being closer to the wall? Have foam bungs in mine but worried I've basically tied a hand behind their backs (q acoustic 3050i).

Lovely looking setup, big fan of minimalist, neutral colours. Would you be tempted to go atmos with ceiling speakers or modules?
If I had a couch that size in my living room would need to commando roll over it to get to the other side ;)

Associate
Are they to reduce the bass from the floorstanders being closer to the wall? Have foam bungs in mine but worried I've basically tied a hand behind their backs (q acoustic 3050i).

Lovely looking setup, big fan of minimalist, neutral colours. Would you be tempted to go atmos with ceiling speakers or modules?
If I had a couch that size in my living room would need to commando roll over it to get to the other side ;)

Thank you :) The KEFs are front ported but I've still made the traps 10cm thick (11cm frames with a slight gap at the back) to calm down the bass. They're not ideally located but the intention behind making the panels in this room is to reduce the reflections - it's quite large and there was quite a lot of echo. In my previous house, I was able to position some panels on the side walls to calm the first reflection points and made some deeper traps for the corners so was more in keeping with 'traditional' acoustic treatment.

The rears in this configuration are ceiling mounted - I would have loved to invest in additional equipment (Atmos etc), but tbh I'm generally happy with the current sound and the house has other priorities!

The couch is definitely great for the family to lounge around on!

Man of Honour
Not the best pics but I’ve brought the speakers in a bit. It seems to have made the bass a little bit more prominent.

Apologies for the mess, the ex hasn’t picked all of her stuff up yet so there’s clutter everywhere as I’m trying to sort through stuff.

24aca9a52609d9e4392b13284e787d04.jpg

a26f36c155e561ea37394bbcacbdbe00.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom