Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
Thanks, yeah plug is annoying. Used to it now fortunately so rarely notice it. Though did have to get some white extension leads, black cables prior stuck out even worse :p

Plugs are normal(ish) height I think (at least in vicinity) In a relatively new build area and parents place not too far along with brothers place all seem to be around this height. Possibly slightly pronounced though by the the fact the TV table is only around 35cm tall, most TV tables would cover them up I expect.

Soldato
Thought I'd stick up some photos of my small, not-without-compromise, but dedicated cinema space in our new house. I've wanted a dedicated room since I got into A/V stuff many years ago.

The projector and screen is a great experience and really makes everything feel much more cinematic. Having overhead Atmos speakers is brilliant, and something I've looked forward to having for a long time.

It's a small room (the usable space is 10.2' x 11.1') and so I had to be smart with the positioning of the furniture, but the layout is pretty good.

The next step will be some acoustic wall panels for sound deadening. While the sofa, carpet, and thick curtains certainly help, it's still quite a "live" room, especially with the speakers shoved right into the corners.

Equipment

Projector
Epson EH-TW6700 - 3LCD with H/V lens shift

Screen
Sapphire 78" Fixed Screen

Sources
Panasonic BDT120 BluRay Player
Xbox One
Nvidia Shield TV
BT YouView box (Freeview)
Google Chromecast Audio

Amplification
Yamaha RX-A2070 surround receiver
Audiolab 8200DQ DAC/preamp for the Kef 3.2s
Meridian 557 power amp for the Kef 3.2s
MiniDSP for the sub

Speakers
Front: Kef Reference Model 3.2 in Rosetta Burr
Centre: Kef R200c in Rosewood
Rear: Kef Q100 in Walnut
Atmos: Kef CI130ER
Sub: BK Monolith in Cherry

Control and smart home / automation
Logitech Harmony Elite remote
Amazon Echo Dot
Philips Hue - GU10s overhead, LightStrips above window and at floor level

yhEQmTg.jpg

pqPJBPd.jpg

pYgIwli.jpg

PP7cFdC.jpg

CjpR2k0.jpg

OR9fp3Z.jpg

yEKWZLv.jpg

3Xo1ZaJ.jpg

oi0KWMK.jpg

CGgEUse.jpg

nNcviML.jpg

2NIoSOM.jpg

oQPEHmy.jpg

EZ1J8UY.jpg

DnjR0lm.jpg

xINXJtW.jpg

G03Ea58.jpg

Soldato
... This doesn't mean I couldn't have a nice little setup in the lounge, of course. I was forbidden from having any enormous speakers or imposing cabinets full of equipment, and I can't blame her really, she's suffered with all the above clobber in our old lounge for the last 3 years! So I went back to basics somewhat. Plus, with all of my kit (TV excepted) going into the cinema room, it was an excuse for some new gear.

It's a great 2ch setup and the MAs really do exhibit a very 'large' sound.

Equipment:

Monitor Audio Silver 200 speakers
Arcam A70 amp
FX Audio X6 DAC
Chromecast Audio
Virgin Media V6 box
Panasonic TX-L50E6B TV

SxDYK6C.jpg

5ZI1qxr.jpg

SVcrm6W.jpg

K2trFPH.jpg

Yeah, that's a corner sofa. Deal with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
And for good measure, this is how I listen to music when I'm working from home or generally using my computer.

Marantz PM5005 Amplifier
Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers

oosXb5g.jpg

I'll stop spamming now.

Soldato
All rooms look lovely Howard, the lounge looks a lovely bright space.

Have you considered wall mounting the surround speakers above ear level? Having two people sitting on the sofa will block the sound from the opposing speaker. I wall mounted my rears (they were central to my seating position, just on stands) and the difference in immerson was huge.

Bet the Monolith is quite something in a room that size :D

Soldato
All rooms look lovely Howard, the lounge looks a lovely bright space.

Have you considered wall mounting the surround speakers above ear level? Having two people sitting on the sofa will block the sound from the opposing speaker. I wall mounted my rears (they were central to my seating position, just on stands) and the difference in immerson was huge.

Bet the Monolith is quite something in a room that size :D

Thanks Andy! Yes we wanted the lounge to be nice and bright and airy (in contrast to the “dungeon” as my other half calls it..!) and the house in general lets in loads of light which is lovely.

Yeah I’m considering wall mounting them just above ear level on brackets. Don’t wanna go too high on account of Atmos but like you said, it should help with immersion and accuracy from the rear.

The Monolith does wobble your teeth that’s for sure. I was thinking about a second one but the frequency response is much flatter than I expected and so I think it would be overkill!

Soldato
Perhaps not quite as nice as Howards, however I've just bought a Cambridge Audio CXA60 running off a Chromecast Audio. Love the amp, and I've noticed a small increase in quality over my my previous AVR.

57-E2-B410-6775-4240-BD55-9-B7-EC7-D2-E5-ED.jpg

Soldato
10 year update!

From...

Some new and some old...

3180522146_ee5920e926_b.jpg

Amp - Yamaha DSP-A1
Media - Sky HD
Games - Xbox 360
PJ - Sharp Z-21000
Screen - 108" Fixed Blackout Material
TV - Sony RPTV 48"
Speakers - B&W CD7 SE
Sub - SVS Cylinder

To...

Amp - Yamaha DSP-A1 to Denon 7200WA. ( Yammy finally gave up the ghost after 18 years )
Media - Sky HD to Sky Q
Games - Xbox 360 to Xbox one X and PS4
PJ - Sharp Z-21000 to Epson 7300TW (PJ died)
Screen - 108" Fixed Blackout Material to 136" Tab Tension Electric Screen
TV - Sony RPTV 48" to Samsung 4k 55"
Speakers - B&W CD7 SE to B&W M1's and others
Sub - SVS Cylinder to Wharfdale SW150

Soldato
My simple set up
Sony KDL-55W905A - looking to possibly upgrade to a 4K
Sony STR 1050
Wharfedale 10.1 speakers, 2 behind as well - Would like floor standers, but not sure it will bring much more
PS4
Sky HD - looking up to to Sky Q for when I get a 4K TV

y4mH3CBqTC8sWlYYS6qBQ58qUB5sdJopWSX9T-GAn-Vw2QoPdGh0VNqd9ANgUnpI9PyFQO-Bg1i3QTSB7mk399EoimbzHcF6wjuFWOY_u1KcbcAAFGSehYl_E_ZYXKwaz-2SMPF7omG254paPowKb_Hv0zYfAczGXksf8S0Z2TVsosOryGrP0rTqEFplmULW_l48AwFwKx9huR2ZXRnvf4YFw

y4moLvZkpHHMPup8g8AEmGg5CDDu3kPZeEPPfYJy8JnlQhzKp7dc_7UAJdBUyiG9sL1J6ilmkAH9NghgwbJCgpeD6adZjOEx0XQFDIR1nDzXClyUC291r9SoL8wnkNhYQIpbe9Se7oL-SfXxTwS8R9H3jqYMX_3pYUclxTbcZoPNedz4XG6-sggyvyaoExlHBa7zf90nUf0LWrsraGP0NkQtw

Associate
My setup - many years of savings really happy with it all:

LG B7 OLED 65"
Monitor Audio Silver 300 Floorstanders
Monitor Audio Silver C350 Centre
Monitor Audio Silver FX V2 Rears
Monitor Audio Silver W12 Sub
Denon AVR 4400
Sky Q 2TB
Sony UBPX800 BD

22CXOMp.jpg
akj32CF.jpg