Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
I actually re-badged the car so that I wouldn't be involved in the traffic light GP. I wanted to keep the little Turbo badge without drawing attention to the car, which the diesels also had... hence the 418SD badge.

No traffic light GP hero here, absolutely nothing to prove on my part. Even today, I have a 330bhp Impreza STi in the garage and a brilliant little MX-5 on the driveway but I'd rather take them out on country roads with no other cars present. Certainly no e-peen extension required on my end :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I actually re-badged the car so that I wouldn't be involved in the traffic light GP. I wanted to keep the little Turbo badge without drawing attention to the car, which the diesels also had... hence the 418SD badge.

No traffic light GP hero here, absolutely nothing to prove on my part. Even today, I have a 330bhp Impreza STi in the garage and a brilliant little MX-5 on the driveway but I'd rather take them out on country roads with no other cars present. Certainly no e-peen extension required on my end :)

So you dont want to race my grandad Volvo in your STI before I sell it? :p

Soldato
Might have asked this before but my memory is terrible - whatever became of the Rover?

I still remember the ghost ride da whip video!

haha, that ghost ride da whip video will always hold a special place in my heart <3 Mainly because it is a stark reminder of how close I was to being ran over by my own car :D I no longer have a copy so if anyone has it lying around anywhere, I'd very much appreciate the upload!

The car in that video was a 220 GSi, not the 420 Turbo in the picture above. The 220 was sold to a friend when I bought the 420, stripped out and used as a track car. I had the green 420 for about 8 years, lots of performance, braking and handling mods and some nice interior bits. A capable machine! Took it off the road in 2010 IIRC to do a mini restoration and covert it to wasted spark on Megasquirt and bought a red 420 Turbo as a stop gap.

Split up with the gf a year or so later and gave up the house and big garage that the car was in. It then sat on a mate's driveway for a year while I attempted to finish it but a lack of time, money and enthusiasm meant it was just sitting there rusting away. The final straw came when he returned home from work one day to find some lovely men trying to strap chains to it and lift it away. The car was under a car cover and not immediately visible from the road so they had no business being there.

It had far too many good parts on it to risk it all being lost. Rebuilt T28 turbo from a Pulsar GTi-R, 2.5" stainless steel turbo back exhaust, bigger brakes, cams, Megasquirt ECU and lightened flywheel with custom trigger ring, fuel pumps, LSD, fully polybushed, Recaro seats... I could go on! Me and my mate stripped the car to a shell in 2 days and I gradually fitted all the nice bits onto the red 420.

Had that for a further 8 months before my then gf got pregnant and said she wanted me to get a newer car. Ok, no problem, but only if I can get an Impreza. The Rover went and I bought my bugeye Impreza WRX. I have thought about building another Rover Turbo but I already have enough cars and not much spare time as it is!

Soldato
haha, that ghost ride da whip video will always hold a special place in my heart <3 Mainly because it is a stark reminder of how close I was to being ran over by my own car :D I no longer have a copy so if anyone has it lying around anywhere, I'd very much appreciate the upload!

The car in that video was a 220 GSi, not the 420 Turbo in the picture above. The 220 was sold to a friend when I bought the 420, stripped out and used as a track car. I had the green 420 for about 8 years, lots of performance, braking and handling mods and some nice interior bits. A capable machine! Took it off the road in 2010 IIRC to do a mini restoration and covert it to wasted spark on Megasquirt and bought a red 420 Turbo as a stop gap.

Split up with the gf a year or so later and gave up the house and big garage that the car was in. It then sat on a mate's driveway for a year while I attempted to finish it but a lack of time, money and enthusiasm meant it was just sitting there rusting away. The final straw came when he returned home from work one day to find some lovely men trying to strap chains to it and lift it away. The car was under a car cover and not immediately visible from the road so they had no business being there.

It had far too many good parts on it to risk it all being lost. Rebuilt T28 turbo from a Pulsar GTi-R, 2.5" stainless steel turbo back exhaust, bigger brakes, cams, Megasquirt ECU and lightened flywheel with custom trigger ring, fuel pumps, LSD, fully polybushed, Recaro seats... I could go on! Me and my mate stripped the car to a shell in 2 days and I gradually fitted all the nice bits onto the red 420.

Had that for a further 8 months before my then gf got pregnant and said she wanted me to get a newer car. Ok, no problem, but only if I can get an Impreza. The Rover went and I bought my bugeye Impreza WRX. I have thought about building another Rover Turbo but I already have enough cars and not much spare time as it is!

I remember looking around your green 420 quite a bit at RR meets in years gone by (good times..). Never did go out in it though :(

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I had a ride out in BRP, was quick! Great example of an OEM+ modified car. Interior and seats were great, felt like a solid car, made my EP3 feel slow from the passenger seat and seemed to handle really well too. I had rides out in Tims EK9 and Simons GT-4 too, all great cars and good times.

Caporegime
Is it a theme with white Audi drivers? It was the TT "RS" on Monday, then this bad boy the next day...

iT7471.jpg

Associate
Poverty white, diseasel and fake RS badges. We are approaching peak Audi here chaps.

Should have stuck with just a S5 badge, they come with tractor engines these days.

Back
Top Bottom