*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Caporegime
The gun play looked very slow and clunky to me, but it was probably being played on a console so hopefully it's better on PC. Can't say I really like the cyberpunk/steampunk style of game world, so I haven't really been hyped at all for this. I'm hoping it has a good story and characters to carry it. Based on their previous work I'm sure it will have.
why would they run an unoptimized game on a console

Man of Honour
Something odd about that gunplay but it's not an FPS it's an RPG first and foremost so guess it should get some slack cut

No excuse really in this day and age for a game to not have solid gunplay mechanics even if they aren't as complex as a more dedicated FPS type game. I refuse to cut any game slack on that aspect if they don't nail the basics even if they don't hit the heights of some of the FPS genre greats.

Also stuff like "a solo player will use a direct approach" - um a game like this shouldn't be directing the player's play style a solo player might want to use very indirect approaches!

Last edited:
Soldato
What didn't you like about it?

I'm just disappointed with most of it. You know, I didn't hype myself too much, I didn't really follow the news and all that, mostly had hopes based on CDPR being CDPR & seeing the 48min demo last year (which I thought was quite good). Naturally I thought, man, this time it can only show better things right? Wrong. Clear downgrade of visuals, with a pet peeve of mine being that they switched to temporal reconstruction (= ghosting for days), the edit of the footage they've shown is just pure garbage. Then the actual glimpses of what little gameplay we do see just feels all in all underwhelming. So we got fluffed all this time for what? Some mediocre 15 minutes? Bleah. It's so simple, they could just release footage of random walking down the street around in Night City and it would be the greatest thing ever, but instead what do we see? It's just awful.

I'm just disappointed right now. At the end of the day, it's still a day 1, but I'm very grounded hype-wise.

The gun play looked very slow and clunky to me, but it was probably being played on a console so hopefully it's better on PC. Can't say I really like the cyberpunk/steampunk style of game world, so I haven't really been hyped at all for this. I'm hoping it has a good story and characters to carry it. Based on their previous work I'm sure it will have.

It was played on PC w/ a 2080 ti. That was 4K max, ray traced footage, as confirmed by Nvidia themselves.

Soldato
It was played on PC w/ a 2080 ti. That was 4K max, ray traced footage, as confirmed by Nvidia themselves.

Then they should really be using a keyboard & mouse to play to it. Using a gamepad to showcase a PC game with FPS sections not only looks all wrong, but is downright ******* retarded.

Caporegime
Then they should really be using a keyboard & mouse to play to it. Using a gamepad to showcase a PC game with FPS sections not only looks all wrong, but is downright ******* retarded.

chill. It hasn’t been that way for a very long time. I think Xbox has the marketing rights and PS4 will probably be the platform where most copies are sold.

Caporegime

You are an angry man aren't you?

There's nothing wrong with controllers to play video games, particularly single player games.

I played through both Fallout 3/New Vegas with a controller pad on the PC, and the gunplay in those is pretty crappy. In fact I use a controller for everything that doesn't need multiplayer quick responses.

Things like radial wheels work much better in control pads

Soldato
Looks good to me, I've learnt not to overhype things too much after W3. The promise of a smaller but denser world really appeals to me and I dig the overall aesthetic of the city.

Also, that gender drama is retarded.

I just hope I can run it on a 1070 with decent settings.

Associate
Haven't watched the vid yet, but I'd much rather play an RPG with a dense, feature rich central city environment with outlying areas for missions. The whole "Huge world is huge" thing with most recent AAA titles often dilutes the fun stuff you actual get to do and interact with once you've finished the story.

Caporegime
I’m not so much interested in the gameplay, it’s the world and the freedom I’m interested in. I want a realistic city with loads to do and places to go and things to see.

Associate

I have to say, it didn't look that impressive graphically. As for that demo being ray traced, could've fooled me - definitely not the most impressive example of it I've seen.

I'd think it's pretty obvious they'd not showcase a hype game on a console if a PC version is an option. The original demo last year was on a 1080 Ti I believe.

I can see why they'd go for a controller. Its movement is smoother (aka slower) making for a more cinematic experience. Once you play with a mouse, even if someone deliberately tries to pan around / target slowly, it's doubtful they'll get the same smooth effect.

Soldato
No excuse really in this day and age for a game to not have solid gunplay mechanics even if they aren't as complex as a more dedicated FPS type game. I refuse to cut any game slack on that aspect if they don't nail the basics even if they don't hit the heights of some of the FPS genre greats.

Also stuff like "a solo player will use a direct approach" - um a game like this shouldn't be directing the player's play style a solo player might want to use very indirect approaches!

Well the jury is still out until it's released and people get to experience it, it looks odd but that might be because they used a controller, still willing to give it a chance and cut it some slack even if it's not perfect

Back
Top Bottom