**Ghost Recon Wildlands** Official thread

Soldato
live now - having your account name plaster across the screen in various places is slightly off putting but I guess that's due to NDA

Associate
Already seen a few NDA breaches last night on twitch.

Gave the game a few hours and will have another pop later, posted my feedback on the test forum and hopefully they take into account what testers are saying.

Man of Honour
Its been pretty fun in co-op with friends in the last few tests, looking forward to some more co-op fun this weekend too. But its going to be a busy busy weekend...theres this Breakpoint beta, theres also the new Path of Exile season starting and IT - Part 2 starts at the cinema too. Not to mention that Borderlands 3 is next week. Good times :D

Soldato
anyone else playing the beta test? looks and plays good. no idea how it compares to wildlands but quite enjoying it so far. slight issue though, I have a second monitor (old 720 tv) and if it's plugged in to the gpu the ingame settings lock to the native res of that instead of my primary monitor. can't for the life of me figure out how to change that (without obviously unplugging the second screen)

Soldato
I played the Breakpoint beta for a few hours but imo it's a case of needing another year cooking. Overall Wildlands just feels like a better game and more fun, and it's also without all the new bugs & performance abysses the new one comes with. In reality it's going to be more of an early access release next month, rather than a polished product. Unsurprising - so many Ubisoft titles have been the same.

Soldato
I played the beta last night for Breakpoint, I was kinda impressed by the graphics and animations etc at first and I thought the gun mechanics, armory etc was awesome. But then after an hour it crashed to desktop twice and it also had a lot of bugs.

It definitely does not feel like they should release it in it's current state. It had massive performance issues on my 2080 and I was only getting 60-75fps in Ultra settings. And also it kept hanging and stuttering.

Wildlands feels and plays amazing and is really polished but Breakpoint feels nothing like that. They really need to spend another 6 months ironing out all the bugs and performance.

Soldato
Yeah but why delay a release when you can get it out there and fix it as you go with patches!

So sick and tired of developers relying on the general public as beta testers after a game has been released!

I'm definitely not buying it on release and I'd advise everyone else the same.

It could end up being a good game but if they release it too early we should wait 3-6 months for patches before jumping in.

Soldato
I quite like it's potential but not sure about the movement feeling sort of "sluggish"!

I know what you mean, I kinda liked it though but turning felt slightly strange and sluggish.

The first thing I noticed when the game started was how the player sat, I thought the animations were amazing, and the way you go prone and hide on the ground putting mud all over your body and laying down in the mud. Proper cool.

I think it needs tweaking.

Also did you notice when you hide behind objects or trees and try to peak round the corner the scope is like stuck between the object and you can't see properly.

So basically the whole cover system is broken, when your prone or behind a tree or a wall and you try to peak round the corner it just doesn't work. It's really terrible compared to what we have seen over last 20 years.

I've mentioned some negatives but the animations are really good. It felt to me like a realistic army sim. That's the feeling I got. the animations, graphics and armory are the best things so far.

But like i said, they have a lot to fix.

Soldato
I seem to remember hating Wildlands when it first came out but it plays rather nicely now - no doubt this will get brought up to scratch over time!

Not a day one purchase by any means!

Soldato
Is it at the top of the home page? Thats where I found it, It wasn't in my My games either..

Whereabouts m8? This is what my uPlay Home Screen shows:-

uplayscreenie.png

iirc I had to follow the link within that email to activate it.
You're not missing much btw...

I'll have another look at that, cheers, but I can't see a 'link' per sae within the email? It just gives you guidance on how to download but no link as far as I can see? I'm not too bothered tbh, as there's only 1 day left of the beta anyway. And it sounds a bit 'Meh' from what earlier posters have said.

link1.jpg

Associate
Whereabouts m8? This is what my uPlay Home Screen shows:-

uplayscreenie.png

I'll have another look at that, cheers, but I can't see a 'link' per sae within the email? It just gives you guidance on how to download but no link as far as I can see? I'm not too bothered tbh, as there's only 1 day left of the beta anyway. And it sounds a bit 'Meh' from what earlier posters have said.

link1.jpg

i'm sure i clicked the blue writing at the top where it says ghost recon breakpoint beta...

Back
Top Bottom