How long is your work commute?

bol

bol

Associate
A 10 minute cycle ride through the village, across a field and up a towpath.
Could only be improved by not leaving the house.
Previous job was a 12 mile motorway commute in North Birmingham so I am more than happy

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Anywhere between 20 and 40 minutes to go 11 miles depending on the traffic.
Thankfully it usually takes 25 in the mornings and 30 in the evenings.

Soldato
WFH mostly. About once every two weeks will get me team together (all located around the country) in which case will ask them to all meet at companies office in London. Direct Mainline train takes 35 mins into central and 5 min walk on each end.

Soldato
Depends. If I go to the Kitchen first its twice as far. Otherwise. Bedroom-Office about 12 foot

Or on a bad day/evening/night could be 300 miles if I get called out (before then doing a 300 mile route of collections)

Soldato
I used to do 15-20 mile by car and on avergae took 30-45 mins. I used to complain so much about it saying I'd get a better location. I'd take that right now as commuting to London on the dire train service we have for the past 5 years has worn me down. I love the city and the London vibe but....if only teleporters existed. :(

Associate
30 mins from home to work for me, more importantly, it's a very consistent, stress free drive mainly. I work from home at least 1 day a week which also helps.

Soldato
My commute is around 30 minutes, via the back roads on my motorcycle. I can shave 5 or so minutes off of that, if I take the car via the M4 - but the motorway isn't as fun!

I used to commute ~1 hour each way for a fair few years, but that was mainly M4, and pending closure/accidents, that time could be double (or more) on the way home - but thankfully that was quite rare. I could just about tolerate that length of commute, as it gave me a chunk of time before/after work to listen to music and relax a bit.

Soldato
30 seconds lol. My first diabetic patient lives on the same road as me then I proceed to see patients all day at their homes in the local area, we have laptops with 3g so do all office based work in the car. (District Nurse for NHS)

Back
Top Bottom