How long is your work commute?

Associate
That's one journey I don't miss, coming from Smethwick or Oldbury when I lived there.

Tell me about it. I miss most of it in the morning a s i hit Junction 7 about 7 am but in the evening it is a nightmare even avoiding the motorway. Been doing it for the last 25 years so use to it now but some days it is a chore.

Soldato
Work from home 90% of the year, so in that instance my commute is zero. When I'm at a client site, the commute varies based on where in the country I'm meant to be. :)

Associate
About an hour each way. Wouldn't mind but it's only 20 miles. I do enjoy having a reasonably long time to listen to podcasts or audiobooks that I just wouldn't find the time to do otherwise though.

Soldato
I leave my house at about 7.30am for an 8.30am start. Walk to the station takes until 7.40-7.45 depending on how energetic I feel. Train comes at 7.50am. This gets me into Waterloo for 8.15am and then it is about a 10 minute walk into the office.

Not the best commute but also not a bad one either.

Soldato
5 minute walk. I used to drive around 30 mins, but the costs just infuriated me. Completely rules out running a 'nice' car if you're doing 20k a year just to get to work.

Soldato
40 mins each way, every minute a delight as I get to stand squashed against people with seemingly no running water to wash with and trip up on their suitcases. As a bonus I get to change onto the Victoria Line and get shouldered by phone fatties at Oxford Circus.

Soldato
Anything from an hour to 1.5 (2 hours if motorways are closed but thats once or twice a year) hours in the car one way, and the same back again

Letchworth to Watford, love my job but not so keen on the drive, trains would be more expense and hassle though

Soldato
Typically less than 20mins in, 25mins home by bike, depending on wind direction, luck at traffic lights and if I can be bothered to "blast" it or not (in which case you can take 5mins+ off both directions).

Soldato
Although I work all over the UK and the hours of driving can be insane, it's good to see a bit of the country instead of looking out of the same office window or watching some office droid dragging their feet to the coffee machine day in day out . :D

Associate
About 1hr 20mins each way, train into London from Surrey then tube.
If any issues reported on trains I'll just work from home.

Used to live in zone 2 London but moving out has worked out nicely, it's nice to have country side on the doorstep and live in a more relaxing area. Also ment house, drive, garage & garden was affordable compare to the alternative of a 2 bed flat in London.

Back
Top Bottom