*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I didn't know goose game was at EGX? Was it at rezzed? I'm looking forward to the one in October.

Yeah was at EGX on the Nintendo stand, but literally had one little switch set up with it on in the corner. amongst the sea of smash bros it was easy to miss. They did a play through with the devs on the saturday I think it was on their big screen. Crowd was MASSIVE! and oddly enough so was the queue for the one system for the rest of the weekend lol

Not doing it this year as in London at the ExCel was is an utter pig to get to + its the wifes birthday that weekend too, so would be a bit harsh lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Gotta pump those numbers up rookie:D:p I haven't played astral chains much if I'm honest I've been to addicted to divinity on my pc and slightly regret getting astral chains instead of divinity on the switch just so I can take it with me and carry on from my save

Divinity has reviewed so well everywhere but it just seems so unappealing.

Soldato
I will get Divinity at some point. I read a 10/10 Switch review earlier and I am totally sold on it. Goose Game I hear good things but know nothing about it. I will keep an eye on it.

Soldato
UGG looks like utterly charming fun. Can't wait, and it'll be one of the few games I can play with my youngest nephew.

Switch has had so many great games out recently or coming soon. I'm hoping Empire of Sin will continue the trend - previews and premise sound very promising!

Associate
Yeah was at EGX on the Nintendo stand, but literally had one little switch set up with it on in the corner. amongst the sea of smash bros it was easy to miss. They did a play through with the devs on the saturday I think it was on their big screen. Crowd was MASSIVE! and oddly enough so was the queue for the one system for the rest of the weekend lol

Not doing it this year as in London at the ExCel was is an utter pig to get to + its the wifes birthday that weekend too, so would be a bit harsh lol

Haha that's fair enough, I've only done rezzed which is a lot smaller obviously. What's the setup like at the main show? Will i actually be able to play any games without having to queue for hours?

Soldato
Haha that's fair enough, I've only done rezzed which is a lot smaller obviously. What's the setup like at the main show? Will i actually be able to play any games without having to queue for hours?

The main EGX is VAST and really good

If you go up on the Thursday / Friday you should get on stuff. I did Friday / Saturday last year and I did nearly everything I wanted in that day with 20-30 mins max queuing per stand but Saturday was REALLY busy, still got on smash bros and few other bits but I spent the second day on loads of the indie stands and generally mooching about trade stalls etc. The indies were a highlight of the show for me and some really great people manning them :)

Other advice hit Nintendo stand and pick up all the swag you can around the show on the first day before it all goes

Associate
The main EGX is VAST and really good

If you go up on the Thursday / Friday you should get on stuff. I did Friday / Saturday last year and I did nearly everything I wanted in that day with 20-30 mins max queuing per stand but Saturday was REALLY busy, still got on smash bros and few other bits but I spent the second day on loads of the indie stands and generally mooching about trade stalls etc. The indies were a highlight of the show for me and some really great people manning them :)

Other advice hit Nintendo stand and pick up all the swag you can around the show on the first day before it all goes

Cool, I am doing the friday, i did want to do two days but my mate only wanted to do one, maybe I'll grab a sat ticket and go clear up what i dont get a chance to do on friday. Actually want to do thursday now I know theres free Nintendo gear!

Soldato

Don't get too over excited it was lanyards and new release related marketing bits. However in general at EGX there was some pretty good give-aways, t-shirts (2point hospital stand) and Aorus gave away a backpack of stuff inc. a mouse to the first few people from their FB community to go to the stand and prove who they were....I managed that :D. Also lots of stands do giveaways stuff for competing in trials etc too. I won an Assetto Corsa time trial one and got an MSI headset. so its worth nosing about and keeping an eye especially on twitter for the big names

Anyway I feel like I am hijacking the thread sorry,

Picked up Katamari Damacy ReRoll for £9 on eShop last night, so many comical memories from that game and its still bonkers but plays SO well on the switch

Caporegime
You know when you reach a point in a game when you really feel like you're beginning to kick ass and it feels oh so satisfying? :D

I have just reached that with Astral Chain :cool:

My god what a game this is.

Associate
You know when you reach a point in a game when you really feel like you're beginning to kick ass and it feels oh so satisfying? :D

I want this game more and more as the days go by!

I am buying a copy of xemoblade chronicles 2 off a guy at work so that's another one to add to my backlog!

Associate

I reached that the other day when you had to fight 2 bosses at once I avoided nearly every attack apart from a handful and got loads of combos off it felt so amazing and I didn't realize until that point just how good the combat is

Back
Top Bottom