Your experience with OLED burn-in

Associate
i had the lg b6,had it for 2y with zero burn in and i watched abit of everything,but it did suffer from image ret,but the newer b8 which ive had for 4months is a lot better,i havent noticed any image ret ,not one bit,crackin tv but i do wish id waited for the b9 for hdmi 2.1 and now there getting nvidia g sync fw update,i reckon these will fly off the shelve now

Soldato
1) Your taskbar is not visible while you are playing a game, so I'm not sure how it's relevant.
2) Watch youtube in fullscreen then
3) You can hide the taskbar and choose a dark mode theme if you wish

I've now put 400 hours of PC gaming on the C9, zero issues.

1) as in I'm not going to be playing games constantly on the PC
2) Again, some people like to read comments and browse the web whilst having a youtube video on the side

Soldato
I've had my LG OLED55E7N for nearly 2 years now and I've seen zero burn in with only some very minor and temporary image retention with hours of gaming on all platforms. As I was a previous plasma owner I was quite suprised just how good its been.

i had the lg b6,had it for 2y with zero burn in and i watched abit of everything,but it did suffer from image ret,but the newer b8 which ive had for 4months is a lot better,i havent noticed any image ret ,not one bit,crackin tv but i do wish id waited for the b9 for hdmi 2.1 and now there getting nvidia g sync fw update,i reckon these will fly off the shelve now

I was under the impression only the E9 and C9 are officially getting G Sync support.

Soldato
Great news that OLED Stuff. A shame as I went QLED vs the C8 I auditioned few weeks back as living in a brighter room the QLED edged things out, would have hone for C9 in the end. Annoying as I do game mostly on the screen with a G-Sync GPU, even with the lower brightness of OLED would have lived with the compromise in a brighter room now! Still good to see in general and hope its a features that other brands take forward also.

I've had my LG OLED55E7N for nearly 2 years now and I've seen zero burn in with only some very minor and temporary image retention with hours of gaming on all platforms. As I was a previous plasma owner I was quite suprised just how good its been.

I was under the impression only the E9 and C9 are officially getting G Sync support.

That is correct I believe only C9 and E9: http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2019/09/l...idia-g-sync-for-big-screen-gaming-experience/

Compatibility to its stunning 2019 OLED TVs (model 65/55E9, model 77/65/55C9).

Soldato
They are not the only TV's that g-sync will run on! They are just the only TVs that have been tested for full certification at the time of the announcement.

But G-sync will run on any TV that support VRR over HDMI - it is not guaranteed to do so without glitches but you can definetly turn it on and try it out!

The list of known TV's that fully support G-sync without glitches will quickly expand after launch as Nvidia gets through testing more of them.

Just beware as of 2019, only LG and Samsung TV's do VRR over HDMI - other makes to my knowledge don't support so if you say own a Sony TV, you'd need to buy a new TV to get G-sync.

Associate
Burn in is real I have an OLED55B6V that is less than three years old. I have put up with sky news banner burn in for two years. But now all of the panel is showing the same symptoms. My complaints to LG have fallen on deaf ears.
If you want to watch TV cooks baking with green egg yolks get an OLED!

Soldato
Burn in is real I have an OLED55B6V that is less than three years old. I have put up with sky news banner burn in for two years. But now all of the panel is showing the same symptoms. My complaints to LG have fallen on deaf ears.

bad luck for being an early adopter before the tech was mature. 6 series was known for burn in, 7 series was known for uniformity issues, 8 and 9 series has no issues.

Associate
I have been burned by LG OLED once(pun intended). I won't be buying another one anytime soon!
The technology should be fully tested before expecting people to shell out their hard earned cash for a high value low quality item.

Soldato
bad luck for being an early adopter before the tech was mature. 6 series was known for burn in, 7 series was known for uniformity issues, 8 and 9 series has no issues.

I'm sure early adopters got it cheap because it was sold to them as immature technology. Oh, wait...

If there's a design/technology/manufacturing flaw, it should be fixed or replaced by the manufacturer, whether it's new tech or not.

Soldato

Not true either, 8 and 9 can suffer banding and are not immune to burn in either. I love OLED but lets not pretend its perfect now...

Soldato
The day I buy an OLED is the day you get a minimum 5 year screen burn guarantee, like QLED’s, which are actually guaranteed for 10.

Thats me! I paid an extra $200 for a 5 year extended warranty, including burn in protection.

The LG 1 year warranty card says burn in is not officially covered - though anecdotally I know that people all around the world have had free panel replacements done by LG well outside warranty. They do ask a bunch of questions though before they decide to replace or not, probably checking if you've abused the panel.

But I went with the 5 year extended store warranty and it does cover burn in in its terms and conditions.

Soldato
How often do you watch news channels, as I thought they were the worst case? It's not in a pub is it:D.

Back
Top Bottom