Borderlands 3

Man of Honour
Annoying crashing now. To be expected on launch, which is why I normally do not get games on launch. Made an exception for BL3, still worth it. Up til 3:30 playing and then didn't make it in to work, back to Zane!

The most hilarious thing is that 2 of my work colleagues , who were vehemently anti-Epic Games and swore they wouldnt buy from them, have this morning both bought BL3. I said this would happen, that when a title that people really wanted and got caught up in the release hype and positive player feedback came along, would cave in and do a swift 180 on their morals :D

Really looking forward to getting a 4 man up and running tonight to begin a playthrough ! , damnit 5pm hurry up !

Soldato
The most hilarious thing is that 2 of my work colleagues , who were vehemently anti-Epic Games and swore they wouldnt buy from them, have this morning both bought BL3. I said this would happen, that when a title that people really wanted and got caught up in the release hype and positive player feedback came along, would cave in and do a swift 180 on their morals :D

Really looking forward to getting a 4 man up and running tonight to begin a playthrough ! , damnit 5pm hurry up !
Where do you work man? I've yet to meet anyone that owns a gaming pc let alone cares about the epic game store controversy.

Man of Honour
Where do you work man? I've yet to meet anyone that owns a gaming pc let alone cares about the epic game store controversy.

We have A LOT of gamers in our company, its a global company, probably the average age of the workforce is late 30s to late 40s, yet we have a huge number of gamers.

Associate
I dunno, my Epic launcher said 43GB, I haven't checked the actual folder size as I left it downloading as I begrudgingly came in to work.
Wish mine was 43GB, still got 15GB to go :o

1070 Strix.

High preset - 45fps

Turn volumetric down to medium - 55fps.

Maybe it's time to start looking for a new card.... Sigh!

What resolution is that at?

jpm

jpm

Associate
Having terrible framerate issues with this, my 2080 drops to about 50% usage and the framerate tanks into the 40s.

CPU is is about 30 - 40% usage to so it can't be that bottlenecking it?

All temps are fine to. Pity because I enjoy the Borderlands games. Will shelve it for now and see if there's a patch.

Soldato
Just ordered via Voidu, anyone got a 3700/3800x and a 5700XT playing this @ 1440p (even better if 3440/1440p) care to share their experiences with framerates? :)

Man of Honour
Having terrible framerate issues with this, my 2080 drops to about 50% usage and the framerate tanks into the 40s.

CPU is is about 30 - 40% usage to so it can't be that bottlenecking it?

All temps are fine to. Pity because I enjoy the Borderlands games. Will shelve it for now and see if there's a patch.

My CPU is only a i5-2500k (with a GTX 1070 GPU) and with everything on Ultra , except for Volumetric which I have on Medium, I get 60fps average in 1080.

Now of course I know that I dont have a great CPU and I'm not running 1440p (something my gamer friends are always pointing out to me), but it looks gorgeous and runs really well at 60fps, so I'm happy :)

jpm

jpm

Associate
My CPU is only a i5-2500k (with a GTX 1070 GPU) and with everything on Ultra , except for Volumetric which I have on Medium, I get 60fps average in 1080.

Now of course I know that I dont have a great CPU and I'm not running 1440p (something my gamer friends are always pointing out to me), but it looks gorgeous and runs really well at 60fps, so I'm happy :)

Yeah seems to have sorted itself out now, weird that was now getting about 100 average

Soldato
Anyone else getting stutter?

Even when I lower settings down it's still there. I was playing coop last night and assumed it was the others guys connection but coming back on solo and it's still there.

I have tried dx12 but my game doesn't get past the loading screen.

edit: oh wait 10 mins to boot up in dx 12 game is now on. I will test to see if stutter is any better.

Double edit: stutter and framerate much worse on dx12.

Also this game seems quite buggy keeps booting in different resolution everytime.

Back
Top Bottom