Borderlands 3

Soldato
It definitely seems like turning fog off completely fixes a lot of the low frame frame rate issues.

Gtx 1080 on ultra preset 1440p HDR. Turning off AA and fog. Foliage medium.

60-70fps.

Got my settings sorted time to start playing :)

Man of Honour
Anyone else getting stutter?

Even when I lower settings down it's still there. I was playing coop last night and assumed it was the others guys connection but coming back on solo and it's still there.

I have tried dx12 but my game doesn't get past the loading screen.

edit: oh wait 10 mins to boot up in dx 12 game is now on. I will test to see if stutter is any better.

Double edit: stutter and framerate much worse on dx12.

Also this game seems quite buggy keeps booting in different resolution everytime.

I had a little stutter on the intro cutscenes but I havent had any stuttering in the game itself (no resolution issue either)

Associate
Running a Red Dragon Vega 56 with wattman auto undervolt, getting 60-70 FPS 1440p. Screen goes to desktop a couple of times and a few screen flickers during cut scenes.

Associate
Associate
People saying to set fullscreen, quit then restart gives you much better frame rates.

Going fullscreen and restarting seems to have cured the stutters for me, GPU usage slightly less as well.

I'm only on 1080p 75hz monitor, settings maxed with motion blur off and it plays real smooth and looks fantastic.

1600x and 1070ti. Uncapping frames hovers around 120fps 85fps

Last edited:
Soldato
That's what I had to do. Was in the 40s. Put it full screen and restarted. Over 100fps now.

Going fullscreen and restarting seems to have cured the stutters for me, GPU usage slightly less as well.

I'm only on 1080p 75hz monitor, settings maxed with motion blur off and it plays real smooth and looks fantastic.

1600x and 1070ti. Uncapping frames hovers around 120fps 85fps

Anytime I restart I get a random resolution.

Sometimes I can barely read the text to cycle back through the options other times it's just slightly less.

Everytime I boot up I need to cycle resolution change to something else and then change back to 1440p.

Even though my tv still says 1440p 120hz and my game still say 1440p it is quite clearly not.

Soldato
Anyone else getting stutter?

Even when I lower settings down it's still there. I was playing coop last night and assumed it was the others guys connection but coming back on solo and it's still there.

I have tried dx12 but my game doesn't get past the loading screen.

edit: oh wait 10 mins to boot up in dx 12 game is now on. I will test to see if stutter is any better.

Double edit: stutter and framerate much worse on dx12.

Also this game seems quite buggy keeps booting in different resolution everytime.

It’s a bit weird

The game is smooth as a babies butt for me yet some people are getting stutters and other weird stuff.
But yeah stay away from DX12 it’s broken

Soldato
Anytime I restart I get a random resolution.

Sometimes I can barely read the text to cycle back through the options other times it's just slightly less.

Everytime I boot up I need to cycle resolution change to something else and then change back to 1440p.

Even though my tv still says 1440p 120hz and my game still say 1440p it is quite clearly not.

Same here! Game is full of bugs - I have res set to 1440p and frame rate capped to 100 but when I open the game it’s like 720p and unlocked frame rate until I go into the settings and set it up again...

Soldato
The most hilarious thing is that 2 of my work colleagues , who were vehemently anti-Epic Games and swore they wouldnt buy from them, have this morning both bought BL3. I said this would happen, that when a title that people really wanted and got caught up in the release hype and positive player feedback came along, would cave in and do a swift 180 on their morals :D

Really looking forward to getting a 4 man up and running tonight to begin a playthrough ! , damnit 5pm hurry up !

Heh heh yes I think some people think the devs and publishers are watching and will change their pricing and release strategy because someone on the internet is angry!

I think the humour is a bit hit and miss and the voice of the female Calypso twin is also annoying me, but gameplay is good, gameworld looks very good and it feels like a great all round upgrade to bl2. Happy days so far :)

Back
Top Bottom