Borderlands 3

Soldato
They all seem to work, thanks! (I have no idea what they do though)

No worries mate, basically they will give you a gold key in the in-game mail system. You get to open one chest per one and I believe every time you open the chest you get a golden tier weapon. I also believe they scale with your level so if you do them at 50 you will get a level 50 item. I'm going from memory with BL2 here so might be slightly incorrect.

Associate
No worries mate, basically they will give you a gold key in the in-game mail system. You get to open one chest per one and I believe every time you open the chest you get a golden tier weapon. I also believe they scale with your level so if you do them at 50 you will get a level 50 item. I'm going from memory with BL2 here so might be slightly incorrect.
Sweeeet, thanks!!

Man of Honour
It's just more of the same innit, except you don't have to press X to pick up everything and you can climb things

Not necessarily a bad thing. I loved the previous Borderlands, they were enormous co-op fun. If Borderlands is your thing, then you'll enjoy it, if Borderlands isnt your thing and you want something different and/or revolutionary then probably not. Sometimes though I just want a sequel of something I liked to be more of what I liked rather than trying to change it too much....probably why I so detested the Ghostbusters remake :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m on the fence about buying this at full price as one thing I didn’t like about 2 which I’m currently playing, can’t remember if it was the same in 1 and not played Pre, is when you reload a game all mobs resplendent in their positions. I’m more of a casual gamer nowadays and don’t have loads of time to keep redoing areas I’ve done just to clear a route through them.

Is Borderlands 3 the same?

Caporegime

Purple, not gold. But yeah this.

Soldato
I’m on the fence about buying this at full price as one thing I didn’t like about 2 which I’m currently playing, can’t remember if it was the same in 1 and not played Pre, is when you reload a game all mobs resplendent in their positions. I’m more of a casual gamer nowadays and don’t have loads of time to keep redoing areas I’ve done just to clear a route through them.

I wouldn't recommend buying it in it's current state.

I would wait for price to drop a bit and a few more patches.

Example, my son comes over today to try out borderlands. I boot the game up, it has switched it self to window mode, no big deal I just switch it to full screen, game asks me to reboot, I reboot game, game has switched it self to dx12 mode, game takes over 10 mins to load up to main menu, well I wasnt about to try and reboot again, so played in dx12 with a mix of low and medium setting with gtx 1080 still struggling at 1440p, I was watching him play and any time he aimed in and released about 1 second after the game would freeze for half a second, anytime an enemy appeared on screen the game would freeze for half a second. It was hard to watch let alone play.

I'm sure a lot of that was dx12 issues but I just wanna be able to switch a game on and play not have to deal with this sort of stuff.

Soldato

Honestly I got it because I can just chill and play it solo or with friends now and then, not got a lot of gaming time these days but it's fun.. You will need to backtrack now and then but it's not as often as many games I've played recently. Satisfactory (on Epic) is good if you like building etc btw.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't recommend buying it in it's current state.

I would wait for price to drop a bit and a few more patches.

Example, my son comes over today to try out borderlands. I boot the game up, it has switched it self to window mode, no big deal I just switch it to full screen, game asks me to reboot, I reboot game, game has switched it self to dx12 mode, game takes over 10 mins to load up to main menu, well I wasnt about to try and reboot again, so played in dx12 with a mix of low and medium setting with gtx 1080 still struggling at 1440p, I was watching him play and any time he aimed in and released about 1 second after the game would freeze for half a second, anytime an enemy appeared on screen the game would freeze for half a second. It was hard to watch let alone play.

I'm sure a lot of that was dx12 issues but I just wanna be able to switch a game on and play not have to deal with this sort of stuff.

I wish I could help with this issue, I dont know if its a DX12 thing or not, neither my BL3 nor my missus BL3 has changed resolution even once, since we set the resolution the first time. I dont know why neither of ours is doing this and other peoples are though. Only thing that seems different is that both of ours are on 1080 and it seems that each time I read about someone having issues they are above 1080, but no idea if thats across the board or not. Its just weird that we've played a dozen hours over multiple characters, both in solo and in co-op and not once has either of our resolutions changed. We're on Windows 10 if thats any help (both Nvidia cards, both running the latest drivers)

Honestly I got it because I can just chill and play it solo or with friends now and then, not got a lot of gaming time these days but it's fun.. You will need to backtrack now and then but it's not as often as many games I've played recently. Satisfactory (on Epic) is good if you like building etc btw.

I'm surprised you bought it given you said in this thread that you wouldnt buy it on Epic "not ever" :p

Soldato
I wish I could help with this issue, I dont know if its a DX12 thing or not, neither my BL3 nor my missus BL3 has changed resolution even once, since we set the resolution the first time. I dont know why neither of ours is doing this and other peoples are though. Only thing that seems different is that both of ours are on 1080 and it seems that each time I read about someone having issues they are above 1080, but no idea if thats across the board or not. Its just weird that we've played a dozen hours over multiple characters, both in solo and in co-op and not once has either of our resolutions changed. We're on Windows 10 if thats any help (both Nvidia cards, both running the latest drivers)

I'm surprised you bought it given you said in this thread that you wouldnt buy it on Epic "not ever" :p

It doesn't matter to me as I'm super busy at working for next couple of weeks.

Hopefully when I'm ready to start playing properly most my issues will be patched or solution found.

Soldato

Haven't played 3 but that's part of the games gimmick in essence. Remember each time you kill them you get XP which will make you stronger ;)

Associate
Sorry if it's been posted but just redeemed these shift keys - to get golden keys ( I've been spamming codes so forgive me if these are wrong)

Have to redeem them here

https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/rewards

3 Keys: ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H

1 Key: HXKBT-XJ6FR-WBRKJ-J3TTB-RSBHR

1 Key: Z65B3-JCXX6-5JXW3-3B33J-9SWT6

1 Key: ZRWBJ-ST6XR-CBFKT-JT3J3-FRXJ5

1 Key: 9XCBT-WBXFR-5TRWJ-JJJ33-TX53Z

1 Key: ZFKJ3-TT6FF-KTFKT-T3JJT-JWX36

1 Key 9XCBT-WBXFR-5TRWJ-JJJ33-TX53Z
cheers

Caporegime
It's either level or mission orientated, I just hit level 14 by finishing a quest and I can now use them so it was either the rank up or the quest hand in.

I would assume it's level based?

Soldato
It's just more of the same innit, except you don't have to press X to pick up everything and you can climb things

No, having played bl for the last few months solid, plus 1500 hours or so previously, this is not just more of the same, it's clearly a substantial upgrade. The gameplay, the maps, visuals and everything looks and feels so much better (not sure about the story yet but it's early days) and lots of nice little e.g. the vehimprovements like they looking you mentioned and vehicle upgrades and customisation options etc.

But yes it'ss BL, but to be honest I would not be happy if they had changed the core too much. It's the game I love, with bells on, and a pretty impressive boob job!

Back
Top Bottom