• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Soldato
OK 1 hour after upgrading, CCD0 core speeds went up by 100mhz over all. 4624 for my strongest core, 4550 for the other 5. Before 2.10 they were 4550 the strongest core and 4435-4450 the rest.
CCD1 still clocking 4400 on all 6 cores.

Soldato
Noice, I'll try this later.

Out of curiosity does any one get problems when rebooting their computer with the Taichi? I don't seem to get them at default bios or XMP but if I change a bunch of other settings like RAM and IF to 3600 I get a 06 or d6 error on the debug screen every now and then on reboot. Haven't narrowed down the problem yet.

Using bios 2.0 maybe? That was the worst bios I have seen on the X570 Taichi. 1.70 was superb and holding judgment about 2.10 atm, as I only have it few hours.

Soldato
Seems all ASROCk board except mine has ABBA so far, even the Wifi version of my board. (Phantom Gaming 4). Probably due imminently. My 3800X does 4.5+ on 6/8 cores on ABB so hoping I'll see a slight increase in max boost with best cores reaching 4.6Ghz.

Will keep an eye on this thread for the Taichi for reports of results.

Soldato
Will have a go of this tonight, been having a mare with the latest 19.9.2 drivers for my 5700XT, i just feel i/we are beta testing stuff for AMD right now :(

Freesync does not work on my Asus CZ350CK screen with the 5700XT, it worked flawlessly with my Vega 64

Latest 19.9.2 drivers i installed for more BL3 performance cause my PC to randomly black screen and reboot, stating driver failure when i get back into windows, never had this issue with the previous drivers, seems to happen regardless of card being UV'd, OC'd or Stock lol

People telling me to run a PCIE4 GPU on a Motherboard with true PCIE4 support (Asrock x570 Taichi) in PCIE3 mode? haha wtf

3800X not getting near its advertised speeds according to Ryzen master, but according to HWinfo64 i am... which to be believed? i am guessing RM as its AMD's own tool.

Feel like i wont be an early adopter next time round, i'll wait for others to experience and beta test all the kit before i jump in again haha

Soldato
3800X not getting near its advertised speeds according to Ryzen master, but according to HWinfo64 i am... which to be believed? i am guessing RM as its AMD's own tool.

Feel like i wont be an early adopter next time round, i'll wait for others to experience and beta test all the kit before i jump in again haha

Yeah my Ryzen Master results are way different. They did release a new Ryzen Master but still same odd results, whilst other 3rd party apps all agree. Unless the ABBA BIOS complements the new RM?

Soldato
Yeah my Ryzen Master results are way different. They did release a new Ryzen Master but still same odd results, whilst other 3rd party apps all agree. Unless the ABBA BIOS complements the new RM?

I do not use RM. Found it pretty meh to say the least. Neither overclock the CPU from BIOS. Only sort out the RAM & IF where most performance is hidden.

OK. Did finished tuning the ram, and set manual VDDG power and played for couple of hours CPU heavy games (EU4, HOI4, WOT, ESO) while listening to music, having twitch stream on the back (for drops), discord and several windows. I am impressed by the new clocks tbh.

on CCD0, the core max speed of the 6 cores are 4625, 4600, 4600, 4575, 4550, 4550.
CCD1 the usual 4400 on all cores max.

Before on CCD0 had single core 4550 the rest around 4400 and CCD1 all the cores around 4375.

FYI I use Noctua D15 and max recorded temp was 66.6C.

Soldato
That's a great max temp! I'm getting 75C playing Gears 5 with a Kraken x72 360mm Rad. It's on the stock paste, I'm wondering if I should take it off and use my Noctua paste instead. Although the clippy mount on AM4 was a bit*h to clip on!

Yeah D15 is a bit of a bstrd to put on. Make sure you put paste properly. The cores are on the sides not at the center, so is better to spread it evenly across the surface as I have done.

Associate
Yeah D15 is a bit of a bstrd to put on. Make sure you put paste properly. The cores are on the sides not at the center, so is better to spread it evenly across the surface as I have done.

Its on the pre-applied stock paste. See below
20150510_173324-500x281.jpg

Associate
Just upgraded to 2.10. Have had HWinfo running for a little bit and 6 of the 8 cores on my 3700x peaked at 4.4, with the other two at 4.325. Just looked again and they are showing as max 4.4 now too - so that's all cores peaking at 4.4. at some point (individually) according to hwinfo. Quite a difference from previous bios where only 3 were reaching 4.4.

Back
Top Bottom