• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

TrM

TrM

Associate
I got my flat angled USB C header from Asrock support delivered yesterday. I don't need it right now but may do in the future. Just a heads up for anyone needing one, get in touch with them.

I don’t know why they don’t just add on in the box tbh. Bad case design and bad placement of the usb header on motherboards has made usb type c really quite bad tbh

On my case my first motherboard x570 has the connector on the bottom of the board and the cable wasn’t long enough to reach. And the placement on the asrock tachai is to close to gpu surly asrock would have know this in testing?

But it’s nice to know that asrock does supply them when I was looking for a extension I couldn’t find one anyways lol

Soldato
Anyone noticed any improvement with 2.0? not installed it yet, will install tonight once i get home.

Installed it tonight so didn't had time to implement my tweaks. The only thing observed immediately is by default now the motherboard sets the ram to 3600Mhz instead of 2133.
However without having activated XMP profile, so the ram operates as 26/28/28 instead CL15

Boost clocks out of the box also the same, 4475Mhz with 1-2 cores hitting 4550.
1.7 with tweaking was boosting 4600 the first CCX as 12 core and 4750 as 6 core (Ryzen Master game mode).

I will tweak tomorrow the BIOS power settings to see how it would operate.

FYI for those interested. 1.7 saved bios settings do not work fully stable with 1.8 and at all with 2.0. Need set them by hand.

Associate
Anyone noticed any improvement with 2.0? not installed it yet, will install tonight once i get home.
Boosting seems less aggressive. When you reboot and try to enter BIOS it will hang with a blank screen. Turing the PC off then on fixes this. Otherwise nothing else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom