PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Associate
So this is my windows apps folder for gamepass. What exactly is that bottom folder again?

gjTJX6Hh.png.jpg

I had this when I installed Gears 5, I found this on reddit at the time and forgot all about it.

Note: PC players examining disk space may notice a folder named "MSIXVC" which will appear similar in size to the Gears 5 install folder. This is a side effect of how the installation uses a file system feature called junctions - it is not a second full copy of the game. If needed, you can verify the actual space consumed by the game on your hard drive under “Add or remove programs”.

It seems to be like temp files etc, people on reddit removed it and all was fine. Not tried myself though.

Caporegime
OP
Isn’t MSIXVC the new way of delivering big Windows games? Xbox Virtual Container or something. There was a bit about it a while back as people thought it was a way of running Xbox games on Windows. but I think it uses the Xbox servers to provide the app instead of the Windows ones. Or something.

Soldato
Cities Skylines without most of the DLC or mods isn't going to be brilliant. Already included in Origin Access too.

This is a problem I have with modding games today. So many games have their mods tied into the steam workshop yet offer themselves for sale on other platforms. Cities Skylines is fantastic but you need mod support for it and getting mods without steam workshop is very difficult. The only place you can get them is from dodgy russian sites and even then they are not maintained. I had a trial with the Xbox pass and installed FM2019. The fact that no mods would work with it was such a turn off for me. Pretty much every person I know who plays FM games uses mods extensively. There are various mods out there for adding in things like real player photos, club badges, shirts and other extra stuff. Not being able to install these ruins the experience. Further to this, the official FM game editor isn't available anywhere other than via steam. This is another tool that is widely used in the FM community. (You would be amazed how many people stick themselves into the FM database as a player)

Soldato
Aren't a lot of mods on Mod Nexus (I think that is what it is called)?

Not for either Cities Skylines or FM.

With Xbox games pass even having access to the mods doesn't always work. With Cities Skylines mods are kept in a directory within "MyDocuments" but for FM you need to access the directory structure of the game which you don't have access to with Xbox Games Pass games.

Associate
Not for either Cities Skylines or FM.

With Xbox games pass even having access to the mods doesn't always work. With Cities Skylines mods are kept in a directory within "MyDocuments" but for FM you need to access the directory structure of the game which you don't have access to with Xbox Games Pass games.

Ah, ok. That's frustrating then.

Back
Top Bottom