• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intels XE 2020 desktop GPU hardware preview

Soldato
More competition is only a good thing, bring it on I say :)

Hopefully with their deep pockets and resources, they can offer some compelling products over time.

Permabanned
i hope its 2080ti performance for no more than £50.

This would be the type of revolution in graphics performance never yet seen and probably never thought by anyone.

I would be slightly more generous and would give for that £295.

The good thing - many more gamers would enjoy 4K gaming.

Soldato
Not going to wait for intel so many unknowns. My advice if you want or need a GPU in the next 12 months then do it with teams green or red as normal.

Permabanned
Permabanned
They (Arctic Sound) will be on 14nm++ which in general means they won't be that competitive against AMD's 7nm Navis.

Intel Xe Mobility GPUs To Target 1080p 60 FPS eSports Gaming, 2x Performance Versus Gen 11 – Discrete Xe GPUs Debut Next Year With Ray Tracing Support
https://wccftech.com/intel-xe-gpu-architecture-2x-performance-ray-tracing-support/

"Coming back to the gaming side, a few variants have already been leaked out with EU (Execution Units) count ranging from 128, 256 and 512."

Soldato
Someone should round up the Nvidia, AMD and Intel R&D managers, ask them to simultaneously say something about 1080p, then a offer up a roundhouse slap to cover all three at the same time.

This ain’t 2009 any longer could be the take home message.

Caporegime
Intel Xe Mobility GPUs To Target 1080p 60 FPS eSports Gaming

Well the new 5500M targets 90fps+ on eSports so that gives us a little idea on how they will compare. I'm not expecting a competetive Intel gfx product for a few years yet (like you say, they've slipped up big time on process technology).

Soldato
OP
Intel Xe DG2 512 sku spotted in the graphics driver.

Looks like a desktop 512 execution unit GPU, at 2ghz = 20 teraflops

No detail on TDP but the mobile 96EU cards are 25w - simple scaling suggests about 150w tdp

It's far more energy efficient than anything AMD or Nvidia makes, those guys can't make a 20tflop card at just 150w

https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-dg2-gets-512-execution-units/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom