*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Oh my life. I had ordered the Links bundle on amazon but then I had this idea. I cancelled that and reserved the same bundle, which worked out cheaper, and Odyssey for pickup at the local Currys PC World on the off chance this idea might just work.

See if you guys can spot it.
Luckybstard.jpg

In fairness to me, I only noticed their mistake when out of the store running for my motor!

Sorry Archie.

:)

Soldato
Oh my life. I had ordered the Links bundle on amazon but then I had this idea. I cancelled that and reserved the same bundle, which worked out cheaper, and Odyssey for pickup at the local Currys PC World on the off chance this idea might just work.

See if you guys can spot it.

In fairness to me, I only noticed their mistake when out of the store running for my motor!

Sorry Archie.

:)
You got breath of the wild as well or instead of links awakening?

Associate
13th I believe, got a while left.

Been tempted to pick up Stardew Valley myself, but I've been playing nothing but BOTW since I got that last week.

Soldato
13th I believe, got a while left.

Been tempted to pick up Stardew Valley myself, but I've been playing nothing but BOTW since I got that last week.

yeh zelda is stupidly addictive, and you say the sale ends on the 13th, that is perfect for me, monies on friday and birthday on the saturday, might be hammering the sale :D

Associate
Anyone got, or played Kingdoms : Two Crowns on the Switch ? Looks fun & interesting, but I'm a bit concerned by some reports of it being buggy. Thoughts ?

Associate
So, i bought a Retro-bit Sega Saturn controller for £21, works with the Magic NS adapter when holding the Start button whilst plugged in, like seen in some videos on YT.

Booted up Street Fighter Collection, put on Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo to see what the fuss was about in regards to the "cheating AI" from the original arcade board.

My god, i know i am rusty but i was a king of the SF games years ago but the AI is just plain ridiculous. Jumping attacks are simply not allowed on the AI at all. Which is frankly quite ridiculous. Many jump attacks lead into combos.

Changing the difficulty before starting the game makes no difference as that was the problem with the original ROM, no matter what level you set it to, it was always on MAX setting !!

Having to use "save game state" to progress through the game is the only way to get to the end of the game. Which is cheating in my eyes. But you gotta fight fire with fire i guess.

Man of Honour
So, i bought a Retro-bit Sega Saturn controller for £21, works with the Magic NS adapter when holding the Start button whilst plugged in, like seen in some videos on YT.

Booted up Street Fighter Collection, put on Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo to see what the fuss was about in regards to the "cheating AI" from the original arcade board.

My god, i know i am rusty but i was a king of the SF games years ago but the AI is just plain ridiculous. Jumping attacks are simply not allowed on the AI at all. Which is frankly quite ridiculous. Many jump attacks lead into combos.

Changing the difficulty before starting the game makes no difference as that was the problem with the original ROM, no matter what level you set it to, it was always on MAX setting !!

Having to use "save game state" to progress through the game is the only way to get to the end of the game. Which is cheating in my eyes. But you gotta fight fire with fire i guess.

To be fair when playing a human opponent you can never jump without being punished either, unless they're useless :p

Soldato
I knew the limitations of the Switch lite, lack of motion / rumble controls but I wonder if games will be patched where its a required game-play mechanic. Been playing Odyssey and thoroughly enjoying it but I have come across a few instances where you need rumble in order to find certain items (in Sand world).

EDIT; posted that and then found this :)

Man of Honour
I knew the limitations of the Switch lite, lack of motion / rumble controls but I wonder if games will be patched where its a required game-play mechanic. Been playing Odyssey and thoroughly enjoying it but I have come across a few instances where you need rumble in order to find certain items (in Sand world).

The screen shakes for those hidden objects, it has done for months.

Associate
To be fair when playing a human opponent you can never jump without being punished either, unless they're useless :p

People can press the wrong button and/or time it wrong, the AI is ruthless.
Its impossible to go on the offensive, you do and its over in 15 seconds. Never played so defensive in any SF game until now :D

Finally get into some kind of rhythm and the D-Pad breaks, as shown in this thread on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/SegaSaturn/comments/bdx12f/a_comparison_of_the_dpad_cross_piece_between_an/
5 month issue and they are still being sold on the jungle store.
Replacement arriving tomorrow, got two days off work but i have a bad feeling it gonna be a replacement from the same known dodgy batch, in which case it will be a refund. :(

Back
Top Bottom