Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Caporegime
So do you think it is just continually expanding/getting a regular new supply of customers at the moment? I mean if that is a factor then nice one! :) (though that can of course change in future)

I mean ultimately they're not giving away free money, their "dividends" need to come from other customers losing money rather than from some underlying company generating profits and they need to take their own little skim/rake/vig/whatever. Ostensibly a blind punt on something like this ought to be -ve, but it does seem to be a bit different in terms of structure to conventional gambling and so if it is momentarily +ve as a result of say lots more money piling in then that is interesting.

Soldato
So do you think it is just continually expanding/getting a regular new supply of customers at the moment? I mean if that is a factor then nice one! :) (though that can of course change in future)

I mean ultimately they're not giving away free money, their "dividends" need to come from other customers losing money rather than from some underlying company generating profits and they need to take their own little skim/rake/vig/whatever. Ostensibly a blind punt on something like this ought to be -ve, but it does seem to be a bit different in terms of structure to conventional gambling and so if it is momentarily +ve as a result of say lots more money piling in then that is interesting.

yeah - I'll keep you posted on it. There is a spread between buying/selling price which is where I suspect they get their money/cut from.

Take Pogba for instances - Buy him at £7.41 a share, sell at £7.16. Expensive but you will always pick up a dividend for him as he's never out the news (media dividends) and then you have matchday dividends (goals, assists, passes etc - all taken from OPTA stats)

I just look for sub £1 players mostly - Take Youri Tielmans for instance. I bought him at 96p when I started about 4 months ago, he's doubled in value since signing for Leicester. (currently £1.93)

I do have a few concerns around where it seems to be fairly simple to make money, without any real effort. There a lot of pumping and dumping of random players that seem to rocket in value in the space of 24 hours as people jump on the hypetrain about them, then following 24hours they drop like a stone as people take a profit.

Nothing I can't afford to loose, but it's fun so far. Andriod app is superb - very slick, impressive.

Associate
Hi all,

I've been doing this for about 4 months now and started doing this at a friends house as i didn't have a laptop or internet at home which i have now sorted but my friend is interested in setting up now. would he be able to although i have used his I.P address to set mine up or have i messed up his chances ?

i have seen some people mention getting another internet provider and laptop or possibly VPN ?

just don't want to set him up if its a sure way of getting gubbed pretty quickly?

Caporegime
Hi all,

I've been doing this for about 4 months now and started doing this at a friends house as i didn't have a laptop or internet at home which i have now sorted but my friend is interested in setting up now. would he be able to although i have used his I.P address to set mine up or have i messed up his chances ?

i have seen some people mention getting another internet provider and laptop or possibly VPN ?

just don't want to set him up if its a sure way of getting gubbed pretty quickly?

Phone & sim card. Problem solved. Avoid using duplicated IPs as much as possible. If sharing hardware, use different browsers, but even then I'd avoid it.

Associate
Thanks Diddums, might just be me but I've always found the phones a lot more fiddly especially if events are close to starting but I will let him know he still has a chance of starting up as well.

Associate
I've been doing this for about 3 months now and made over £400 in my first month by signing up to ProfitAccumululator. Is Profit Rush a free to join site and how good is it compared to other paid sites ?

Caporegime
Longest hiatus from MB so far, been quite nice in a way though I have definitely noticed having less disposable cash.

Don't have as large a bank this time though so need to be a little more selective.

Soldato

Another 2 weeks goes by and now up 18.33% all time....I certainly ain't piling into it as I still don't see where the long term this is going, but making money without trying is easy to do at the moment.

Lots of people "trading" the ups and downs, I just buy and hold.

Associate
Have found the the Skybet acca's don't seem as a good this season, only managing a total of 3 to 4 quid profit over the 3 bets, but on the other hand Bet365 have started very generously another £50 matched offer this weekend on the Man City v Spurs game.

Caporegime
Have found the the Skybet acca's don't seem as a good this season, only managing a total of 3 to 4 quid profit over the 3 bets, but on the other hand Bet365 have started very generously another £50 matched offer this weekend on the Man City v Spurs game.
Last weeks was fine. No super boost this weekend yet. Are you doing all three of the accas?

Soldato
Started this about two weeks ago just to see what it was all about. Nice little earner really and have made just short of £700 easily since starting. Not much effort at all so far. I'm sure it'll get harder, but it's free money.

Associate
Just had an email through, you can get a free month of premium Yesbets. Just go here
https://www.yesbets.co.uk/join/
and enter code FREE

I've used them for years and still find them pretty good. If nothing else this is a good way to rattle through the signup offers and make around £500 using Oddsmatcher for free. Hope it helps

Associate
has anyone else found that getting gubbed is becoming more and more frequent? I have been MB for nearly 7 months now and was all going well till a month ago then suddenly bam. wish i could reduce some of the qualification losses aswell as starting to add up

Caporegime
has anyone else found that getting gubbed is becoming more and more frequent? I have been MB for nearly 7 months now and was all going well till a month ago then suddenly bam. wish i could reduce some of the qualification losses aswell as starting to add up

If you aim to reduce the QL in general on your bets then you're probably going to increase the chances of getting gubbed.

In general the books are going to look out for anyone seeking value so if you have an exact match or an arb then that's an obvious red flag. If you're one of many new or otherwise inactive punters who jump onto the same bet then that is a bit of a red flag too etc..

Associate
Regular non match-betting bettors are getting gubbed at an alarming pace also so its not just you. Its industry wide, bookies do not like anyone that constantly beats industry starting price on any event.

Associate
true ive been trying not to arb too much as obviously is my biggest threat of being gubbed. What are your views on deliberately placing mug bets to try and help? obviously it is not ideal to lose money that way but if keeps accounts open longer term worth it?

Back
Top Bottom